follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Old 06-01-2017, 09:50 PM   #309
funeralpolis

Drives: 2017 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by psionix View Post
What stiffeners bars?
Got the product code?
Do you have the full list of the package?

Might be worth it cause I didnt get stiffener bars.

have to check, my MI friend (not sales though) asked me to refer to this brochure https://www.subaru.jp/accessory/catalog/pdf/Brz_Acc.pdf - its package on the last page

was there any performance goodies offered with your 2017?
funeralpolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 10:30 PM   #310
psionix

Drives: 2017 WRBP BRZ MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by funeralpolis View Post
have to check, my MI friend (not sales though) asked me to refer to this brochure https://www.subaru.jp/accessory/catalog/pdf/Brz_Acc.pdf - its package on the last page

was there any performance goodies offered with your 2017?
No wonder.

Actually if really 4 k for everything in the brochure then confirm very worth it.

No goodies offered.
I got the STI performance package at 4k.

But what they give is not the same as the brochure from Japan.

So you should get the actual list from a sales agent instead.
psionix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 11:23 PM   #311
funeralpolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by psionix View Post
No wonder.

Actually if really 4 k for everything in the brochure then confirm very worth it.

No goodies offered.
I got the STI performance package at 4k.

But what they give is not the same as the brochure from Japan.

So you should get the actual list from a sales agent instead.
yeah I also thought can't be. so what is in the STI performance pack?

do we get the 2017 model drivetrain changes for the 6MT?
Old 06-02-2017, 01:24 AM   #312
psionix

Drives: 2017 WRBP BRZ MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by funeralpolis View Post
yeah I also thought can't be. so what is in the STI performance pack?

do we get the 2017 model drivetrain changes for the 6MT?
There are 8 items, one of which is useless to me:
1. Front under spoiler
2. Front under spoiler lip
3. Side Skirts x 2
4. Rear under spoiler x 2
5. Trunk spoiler
6. Gear Knob
7. Trunk Mat
8. Fuel Cap Sticker => ugly and costs $150 :$

If you are referring to the change in gear ratios, the sales agent was unable to confirm that, or I forgot.

But we definitely do not get the Red Aluminium Intake Manifold as well as the 5 horsepower and Nm torque increase. Similar to UK models.
And if we take UK models as reference, they get all the changes, such as gear ration changes and only do not get the red intake manifold and increase in power and torque, then going by that logic, SG models should get the new revised gear ratios as well...
psionix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 01:30 AM   #313
daniel.yrh

Drives: Subaru BRZ
does the local version offers the 2017 rear aluminium spoiler too?

I went to MI showroom at Alexandra after the auto show, they brought in a white 2017 BRZ (notable revised front bumper) but the unit does not come with the pedestal-style rear spoiler.
daniel.yrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 02:04 AM   #314
liquidsky44

Drives: AVO Turbo Subaru BRZ / Subaru WRX
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel.yrh View Post
does the local version offers the 2017 rear aluminium spoiler too?

I went to MI showroom at Alexandra after the auto show, they brought in a white 2017 BRZ (notable revised front bumper) but the unit does not come with the pedestal-style rear spoiler.

MI will only bring in the bare minimum. I doubt they will have the spoiler. They don't even have the update aluminium red manifold or revised final drive on the car.
AVO Turbo|Essex AP Sprint Kit|AVO Overpipe|HKS Hi-Power Spec L Catback|Cusco Engine Mounts|Whiteline Bushings|KW Clubsport|Defi Advance ZD|AEM Wideband Failsafe Gauge|Greddy ProFec Boost Controller|Tomei 2Way LSD|AEM Water/Meth Kit|PBM Angle Kit + Kunckles|Flatwell LCA|HKS Oil Cooler|Greddy High Cap. Diff Cooler|Sard ATF Oil Cooler|CSF Radiator|
liquidsky44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 03:17 PM   #315
cypork

Drives: NA
Hi all,
I was considering the 86 and have spoken to several PIs. Unfortunately, none are interested in bringing in the 86. There is one PI who is willing to bring in though but the price is very high. Comparing that price to brz, it seem to make more sense to get the brz. I have visited the MI showroom in both LK and TPY but both the SEs do not have much knowledge about the specifications of the car.

I am wondering if any one here has gotten a brz from MI and have worked with a knowledgeable SE. If you don't mind, perhaps you could PM me your SE details. I have not provided my IC or details to any SE so I am still free to change SE.

Appreciate your help. Thanks.
cypork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 07:57 AM   #316
jamomatt

Drives: Toyota 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by cypork View Post
Hi all,
I was considering the 86 and have spoken to several PIs. Unfortunately, none are interested in bringing in the 86. There is one PI who is willing to bring in though but the price is very high. Comparing that price to brz, it seem to make more sense to get the brz. I have visited the MI showroom in both LK and TPY but both the SEs do not have much knowledge about the specifications of the car.

I am wondering if any one here has gotten a brz from MI and have worked with a knowledgeable SE. If you don't mind, perhaps you could PM me your SE details. I have not provided my IC or details to any SE so I am still free to change SE.

Other than cosmetic changes and the cluster gauge the MI BRZ is still the exact same specs as the old 2012 model.

Sadly, from the members who have bought from mi, they are pretty much one of the most useless dealership in Singapore and do not know anything as usual.

Last edited by jamomatt; 06-25-2017 at 08:09 AM.
jamomatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 11:50 PM   #317
BRZ@SGP

Drives: BRZ MY17
Quote:
Originally Posted by cypork View Post
Hi all,

I got my white 2017 brz from this MI agent, collected in Jan 2017. Waited for a good 6 months for the car to come in due to the facelift gap. Mine is probably the first white 2017 here. Not as knowlegeble as one should (i think no one is quite an expert in brz at MI), but helpful enough to find out for u. Overall happy deal. After dealing with me, i guess he is now quite knowledgeble via my many questions asked. Nice guy.

2017 model feels much better interior wise due to the leather in replacement of the plastics.

PM me if u need help or the contact of the MI sales agent.
BRZ@SGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 11:56 PM   #318
cypork

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamomatt View Post
Other than cosmetic changes and the cluster gauge the MI BRZ is still the exact same specs as the old 2012 model.

Sadly, from the members who have bought from mi, they are pretty much one of the most useless dealership in Singapore and do not know anything as usual.
Sad that they are bringing the Euro version that does not have the updated power plant and transmission.

If only PI could bring in the 86/brz at a lower price.
Old 06-25-2017, 11:59 PM   #319
cypork

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZ@SGP View Post
I got my white 2017 brz from this MI agent, collected in Jan 2017. Waited for a good 6 months for the car to come in due to the facelift gap. Mine is probably the first white 2017 here. Not as knowlegeble as one should (i think no one is quite an expert in brz at MI), but helpful enough to find out for u. Overall happy deal. After dealing with me, i guess he is now quite knowledgeble via my many questions asked. Nice guy.

2017 model feels much better interior wise due to the leather in replacement of the plastics.

PMed.

Thank you!.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:52 PM   #320
daniel.yrh

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZ@SGP View Post

Mind if I ask if MI is helpful in terms of customizing the car to your liking? E.g the pedestal-stype rear spoiler, STI trims/rims? I guess customization should be ok since the BRZ is on indent basis only?
daniel.yrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 03:10 PM   #321
funeralpolis

looking to get the 2017 pedestal spoiler too. think they only have the sti spoiler which is part of the sti catalogue. will need to ask them to source or special order

when will MI typically begin orders for MY2018 cars?

Last edited by funeralpolis; 06-28-2017 at 03:25 PM. Reason: edit
Old 07-01-2017, 01:40 AM   #322
BRZ@SGP

Drives: BRZ MY17
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel.yrh View Post
Mind if I ask if MI is helpful in terms of customizing the car to your liking? E.g the pedestal-stype rear spoiler, STI trims/rims? I guess customization should be ok since the BRZ is on indent basis only?
The customization available is based on their catalogue in their system. Pretty lmited options. You can ask agent to show u the list.
BRZ@SGP is offline   Reply With Quote