follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 02-18-2019, 07:11 PM   #10697
Phillipbpruitt

Drives: 2015 limited brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
is he still making/selling kits?

im looking for a phantom supercharger and was curious if he still made/sold these or if anyone has one.
Phillipbpruitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 01:11 AM   #10698
churchx

Drives: 2014 GT86
Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,436 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
No. He stopped making those. Only way to get one now, is buying from someone parting from it.
churchx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 12:24 PM   #10699
ward00

Drives: 2003 Honda Element
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Anyone considering selling their electric supercharger/setup?
ward00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 12:33 PM   #10700
BlOody_BoOger

Drives: Hot lava FRS Monogram Charizard
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ward00 View Post
Anyone considering selling their electric supercharger/setup?
Torqamp makes a very similar set up. Only thing you would need a custom tune, idk if shiv from oft would be able to help with a custom tune. I don't see how it would be any much different than a custom phantom tune. Anyways check out their videos on youtube they actually claim to make more boost than the phantom

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
BlOody_BoOger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 12:35 PM   #10701
BlOody_BoOger

The Following User Says Thank You to BlOody_BoOger For This Useful Post:
WNDSRFR (03-14-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 08:30 AM   #10702
WNDSRFR

Drives: FR-S,GTI
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Here's the whole Phantom story if you don't like reading. Start at the 20:00 minute mark if you want to skip everything you already know.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBiHg5feKIU[/ame]
WNDSRFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 02:16 PM   #10703
Thatruth2001

Drives: Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
I was one of the first adopters of the phantom ESC system and did a few beta test for Rob a few years ago. Today I am going to begin the process of parting out the ESC before selling my FRS in the coming months. I have approximately 45,000 miles on the unit. Parts include the control unit, auxiliary charger with cooling fans. If you have any interest in purchasing the system send me a direct message.
Thatruth2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 11:48 AM   #10704
BlOody_BoOger

Just a random thought. What do you guys think would happen if we put two phantom superchargers together?

Old 04-09-2019, 12:03 PM   #10705
86TOYO2k17

Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Thanked 1,188 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlOody_BoOger View Post
Just a random thought. What do you guys think would happen if we put two phantom superchargers together?

Could be interesting Twin charging, like compound boost? or have one blower feed 2 cylinders one on each side?

Either way you would probably want 4+ batteries in the trunk to pull it off. Not sure how the recharge time would be effected either with twice as many batteries in the setup.
86TOYO2k17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 11:48 PM   #10706
BlOody_BoOger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86TOYO2k17 View Post
Could be interesting Twin charging, like compound boost? or have one blower feed 2 cylinders one on each side?

Either way you would probably want 4+ batteries in the trunk to pull it off. Not sure how the recharge time would be effected either with twice as many batteries in the setup.
I'm thinking having both blowers blowing to a single pipe. And having them both connevted to one controller using the procede so that they both turn at the same time as much as possible. I was wonder too if the 4 batteries would be too much for the aleternator? You think with the added air flow its safe to assume you would produce more hp?

Old 04-10-2019, 12:10 AM   #10707
86TOYO2k17

Quote:
I'm thinking having both blowers blowing to a single pipe. And having them both connevted to one controller using the procede so that they both turn at the same time as much as possible. I was wonder too if the 4 batteries would be too much for the aleternator? You think with the added air flow its safe to assume you would produce more hp?

I would have one blowing into the other. If both blow at 5psi you’ll be at close to 12psi out the second, or maybe run one battery to the first or change the gearing to blow 3psi into the 5psi for about 9.5psi.

Not sure the max output of the alternator could try smaller pulley to overdrive it.

Not sure if having them both blow in tandem to the same pipe if they would be fighting each other trying to push air out the other blower or if they would end up flowing together perfectly for about 10psi. Would really make this system feel like a true alternative to nos without having to refill and heat up bottles if you got two working together though. Cool idea.
Old 04-10-2019, 12:43 AM   #10708
BlOody_BoOger

Quote:
I would have one blowing into the other. If both blow at 5psi you’ll be at close to 12psi out the second, or maybe run one battery to the first or change the gearing to blow 3psi into the 5psi for about 9.5psi.

Not sure the max output of the alternator could try smaller pulley to overdrive it.

Not sure if having them both blow in tandem to the same pipe if they would be fighting each other trying to push air out the other blower or if they would end up flowing together perfectly for about 10psi. Would really make this system feel like a true alternative to nos without having to refill and heat up bottles if you got two working together though. Cool idea.
I wonder if you had one blower blowing into the other one. Would you still need the other one to be connected? Wouldn't the first blower act as the exhaust gasses, spinning the second blower faster than the motor can spin and possibly making more boost? Lol am I making sense here...

Old 04-10-2019, 01:19 AM   #10709
Target70

Drives: 2013 Asphalt 6spd
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:

I don't know how the rest would work out, but I have been running 4 of the original powersonic batteries in the engine compartment (starter battery relocated to trunk), powering just one phantom charger since July 2014, for about 17,000 miles. Still running the original batteries, and I haven't had any issues. It may have helped longevity due to demanding only half the charge/discharge load per use of the phantom of the single battery set.

I never ran just the single setup so I don't know how it compares, but I just assume they drain at half speed due to having twice the capacity. And charging should take close to the same amount of time. The Phantom is demanding the same amount of current in either case, but is able to utilize slightly more current than the single pack could produce, which is why he developed the 1.5 pack.

If you power each of the two chargers with their own 24v pack. It would use twice the current, and require twice the charging, that "may" be too much for the alternator, but since Rob developed the alternate charger that also ran off the alternator to charge up the batteries twice as fast, it may not be an issue
Old 04-10-2019, 11:20 AM   #10710
86TOYO2k17

Quote:
I wonder if you had one blower blowing into the other one. Would you still need the other one to be connected? Wouldn't the first blower act as the exhaust gasses, spinning the second blower faster than the motor can spin and possibly making more boost? Lol am I making sense here...

I think that would result in less boost, I think you will lose energy through the system not create more. Only way to “create” more would be adding more energy to the system or multiplying the boost by stacking them. If 1st one pushes 5psi the second one is now getting 19.7 atmospheric pressure and compressing that, making 11psi output. Either run them in tandem maybe with longer runners one blowing out by one port side and the other on the other side but with a whole merged intake to catch excessive air pressure. Or have one blow into the intake side of the other blower to multiply the boost.

Tags
26$ / wtq, affordable boost, better than turbo, brz electric supercharger, do want, dumbass freddy, electric shrimpage, electric supercharger, electronic supercharger, epic thread tag, fanboy circle jerk!, freddy keyboardwarrior, frs electric supercharger, get a real blower, haters gonna hate, hows the battery life?, lol, moar powa, nos with battery, one gear race champion, only pulls hard once, phantom charge, pm-robftss to order!, release date=not yet, release it already!, released!, rice, shut up and take our $$$, snake oil claims, street only, super pursuit mode, the price isn't known yet, tq300 plzkkthxbai, wooshy noise, yes turbo is better, yes turbo is expensive