follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 09-17-2015, 09:21 PM   #1
ATaraxias

Drives: 1994 Geo Metro Hatchback
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Concept Z Performance (CZP) will steal from you, literally.

Really, it is that simple.

Over the weekend, I spoke with @Mike@CZP who told me that he could ship a Berk Overpipe & a Berk hi-flo catted Frontpipe to me for a combined special price of 390 dollars. After receiving my payment, Mike@CZP informed me that the Berk Frontpipe shipment would be delayed until at least mid-October, but that the overpipe had already shipped.

I informed Mike@CZP that I was unwilling to wait until November to receive my frontpipe, especially considering that other vendors have the item currently in-stock for a similar price. I further informed Mike@CZP that I was unwilling to take receipt of a partial order of only the minimally discounted overpipe with a cost of 30 dollars in shipping. I gave Mike@CZP the option of sourcing the frontpipe from another vendor with the part in-stock, such as CounterSpace Garage (http://counterspacegarage.com/berk-hfc.html) or substituting a similar frontpipe from another manufacturer. He declined both options.

However, Mike@CZP did inform me that he would be adding an additional 50 dollar charge on my credit card if I initiated a credit card dispute with my bank.

So that's Concept Z Performance for you. Probably best to avoid them and pay a few bucks more for items from a legitimate company.

Update: Mike decided to leave me negative ft86 forum trader feedback for being "unreasonable" when he won't source the frontpipe from another vendor who has it in stock for roughly the same price as what he charged me. I've decided to wait until November for my frontpipe to arrive from Berk via CZP, the best option out of a bunch of terrible options provided by CZP. I'll update the thread if it ever arrives.

Last edited by ATaraxias; 09-18-2015 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Update
ATaraxias is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ATaraxias For This Useful Post:
Freeman (09-17-2015)
Old 09-18-2015, 09:52 AM   #2
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
Thanked 5,759 Times in 3,055 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to King Tut
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATaraxias View Post
However, Mike@CZP did inform me that he would be adding an additional 50 dollar charge on my credit card if I initiated a credit card dispute with my bank.
I would inform your bank of this statement. They do have this Return Policy on their website which mentions a $50 dollar charge. It looks like you should be able to return the part no problem, but you are on your own with shipping charges.

Quote:
Return Policy

Stocking items can be returned within 30 days of purchase. Items returned outside the 30 day return window can still be returned, but will only be issued their value in store credit, less a 25% restocking fee. Special order items cannot be returned. Please contact us if you're not sure if your item is returnable.

All returns are subject to inspection. Any part that, in our opinion, shows evidence of being used or installed contrary to manufacturer's instructions and/or subjected to improper handling, packaging, or shipping by the customer will not be eligible for exchange, refund, or warranty consideration. We reserve the right to charge a restocking fee or refuse any exception.

Concept Z Performance will not accept any product that appears to have been used unless there is a valid warranty issue as defined by the manufacturer/vendor. An inspection process may take place to verify the product meets the warranty criteria. Products used in racing or off road conditions are only warranted against manufacturer defects prior to installation.

Inspections of returned merchandise are completed within 4-6 days of receipt of the return. Additional time may be needed if the merchandise must be returned to the manufacturer/vendor for further testing.

Concept Z Performance is not liable for any labor or repair fees under any circumstance. Any defective product must be reported immediately, and go through the manufacturers warranty and policy process.

Concept Z Performance cannot accept returns of special or custom ordered parts. Programming or Software are non-refundable. We reserve the right to refuse any exceptions.

Credit Card Disputes: Do not file a credit card dispute if you have any issues or problems with your orders, there is a $50 Chargeback fee plus shipping fees for documents that is not refundable. Please contact us to resolve any issues before you file any disputes.
Old 09-18-2015, 09:57 AM   #3
raven1231

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S, 2016 DGM WRX
Thanked 3,118 Times in 1,667 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Would have made a lot more sense to have called you before sending out a partial order....
raven1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 12:09 PM   #4
Mike@CZP

Drives: Scion
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Hey Aaron,

I hope I can clear this up. As I stated in our emails, I would gladly receive all the parts back to me with no penalty to you at all. (100% refund, no shipping fees, etc.) I even offered to credit you back for the missing part with additional money to find the part from another vendor.

Our policies on our site show that there is a $50 chargeback fee if a dispute is made. I tried to let you know that so that you do not get charged $50. I have tries to help in every situation, but I am being accused of stealing. I have offered to receive everything back to with no fees to you.

I tried to get the other half of the order from being shipped, but it shipped directly from the manufacturer, and it was already too late.

If you check my feedback, you will see that I have no negative revewis (pending this whole transaction), and there is a reason for that.

I do apologize for any inconvenience to you, and am always ready to help you (even receiving all the parts back with no fees to you)
Mike@CZP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike@CZP For This Useful Post:
MisterSheep (04-05-2016)
Old 09-18-2015, 12:51 PM   #5
ATaraxias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@CZP View Post
Hey Aaron,

I hope I can clear this up. As I stated in our emails, I would gladly receive all the parts back to me with no penalty to you at all. (100% refund, no shipping fees, etc.) I even offered to credit you back for the missing part with additional money to find the part from another vendor.

Our policies on our site show that there is a $50 chargeback fee if a dispute is made. I tried to let you know that so that you do not get charged $50. I have tries to help in every situation, but I am being accused of stealing. I have offered to receive everything back to with no fees to you.

I tried to get the other half of the order from being shipped, but it shipped directly from the manufacturer, and it was already too late.

If you check my feedback, you will see that I have no negative revewis (pending this whole transaction), and there is a reason for that.

I do apologize for any inconvenience to you, and am always ready to help you (even receiving all the parts back with no fees to you)

Hi Mike,

In the scenario where I send everything back and you refund my card, the time spent on mailing the package and the cost of shipping the Berk piece(s) back to you from the manufacturer are both penalties to me.

In the scenario where I keep the Berk overpipe and source the frontpipe from another vendor, the loss of a combination deal and additional shipping charges are both penalties to me. Your offer of a 10 dollar credit didn't help this scenario too much.

In the scenario where I refuse delivery and do a merchant chargeback, you'll take more of my money, hold my money currently with you pending the outcome of the chargeback and I still won't have an overpipe or frontpipe, all penalties to me.

I was serious when I said I would have gone with another vendor had you told me about the frontpipe delay. Your shipping of a partial order has prevented me from exercising that option. I have simply asked you to provide me with an option which does not penalize me further, something you are currently unwilling to consider.
Old 09-18-2015, 01:03 PM   #6
Mike@CZP

Option 1:

I just checked the tracking number and saw that it was delivered on 9/17 (overpipe). I can go ahead and email you a return label for the overpipe. You will have to pay for nothing. The package will arrive back to me in 2-3 business days, and the refund will show up 1-2 days after that. You will be fully refunded. You can order the combo from another vendor that has the front pipe in stock.

Option 2:

Receive credit back for the Front Pipe + $10. I quoted you much lower than CSG (Over $250 when you add shipping and taxes). It is not my fault that my quote was much lower. I cannot credit you back for more than what you paid for the item.

Option 3

Wait for the front pipe to arrive.

Quote:
Hi Mike,

In the scenario where I send everything back and you refund my card, the time spent on mailing the package and the cost of shipping the Berk piece(s) back to you from the manufacturer are both penalties to me.

In the scenario where I keep the Berk overpipe and source the frontpipe from another vendor, the loss of a combination deal and additional shipping charges are both penalties to me. Your offer of a 10 dollar credit didn't help this scenario too much.

In the scenario where I refuse delivery and do a merchant chargeback, you'll take more of my money, hold my money currently with you pending the outcome of the chargeback and I still won't have an overpipe or frontpipe, all penalties to me.

I was serious when I said I would have gone with another vendor had you told me about the frontpipe delay. Your shipping of a partial order has prevented me from exercising that option. I have simply asked you to provide me with an option which does not penalize me further, something you are currently unwilling to consider.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike@CZP For This Useful Post:
8R6 (11-30-2015), Daedex (03-02-2018), raven1231 (09-18-2015), Sportsguy83 (09-21-2015)
Old 09-18-2015, 01:09 PM   #7
raven1231

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S, 2016 DGM WRX
Thanked 3,118 Times in 1,667 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Seems reasonable enough to me
raven1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to raven1231 For This Useful Post:
Daedex (03-02-2018), Mike@CZP (09-18-2015), MisterSheep (04-05-2016)
Old 09-18-2015, 01:47 PM   #8
ATaraxias

Quote:
Option 1:

I just checked the tracking number and saw that it was delivered on 9/17 (overpipe). I can go ahead and email you a return label for the overpipe. You will have to pay for nothing. The package will arrive back to me in 2-3 business days, and the refund will show up 1-2 days after that. You will be fully refunded. You can order the combo from another vendor that has the front pipe in stock.

Option 2:

Receive credit back for the Front Pipe + $10. I quoted you much lower than CSG (Over $250 when you add shipping and taxes). It is not my fault that my quote was much lower. I cannot credit you back for more than what you paid for the item.

Option 3

Wait for the front pipe to arrive.

From my perspective, Option 1 is an unnecessary hassle that was entirely created by you. It would have been better had I never ordered from you in the first place, which is what I would have done, had you told me the truth about your frontpipe delay before taking my money. I am not in the business of fixing other people's screw-ups for free, especially when the person who screwed-up is holding my money until I fix his screw-up for him.

Option 3 is "deal with it." Thanks bro.

As for Option 2, had I gone with CSG, I would have had my parts by now. I think that says enough about paying a couple dollars more and going with a superior company versus your company.

It also speaks volumes that you are unwilling to acknowledge your mistake, eat maybe a 30 dollar difference, and just order from another vendor who has the part in stock. You're still making money on the deal, just less than you intended.

As for me, I will wait and see if a frontpipe ever arrives from your company. I'll update the thread when/if that happens.
Old 09-18-2015, 01:57 PM   #9
Mike@CZP

I never claimed that we did not make a mistake. The manufacturer told me it was in stock, but then it was not when we placed the order. They shipped it out and told me afterward. It was our fault, so we have tried to fix it numerous times, but you will not accept the standard procedure of a full refund with no penalty to you.

For Option 1, you would just need to slap a label on the box and drop it off at Kinko's. I am sorry if that is an inconvenience for you. Every online company (Amazon, Ebay, etc) has the same procedure.

You asked for all the options, so I included the option of you keeping your order, which is what you are electing to do because you do not want to pay the extra money to place your order through another vendor.

I given you 2 legitimate options where you get all your money back, and also an option that gives you more money to purchase from somewhere else.

I will update your tracking number for the Front Pipe once it becomes available. Let me know if you would like to cancel your order at any point.

Mike

Quote:
From my perspective, Option 1 is an unnecessary hassle that was entirely created by you. It would have been better had I never ordered from you in the first place, which is what I would have done, had you told me the truth about your frontpipe delay before taking my money. I am not in the business of fixing other people's screw-ups for free.

Option 3 is "deal with it." Thanks bro.

As for Option 2, had I gone with CSG, I would have had my parts by now. I think that says enough about paying a couple dollars more and going with a superior company versus your company.

It also speaks volumes that you are unwilling to acknowledge your mistake, eat maybe a 30 dollar difference, and just order from another vendor who has the part in stock. You're still making money on the deal, just less than you intended.

As for me, I will wait and see if a frontpipe ever arrives from your company. I'll update the this thread when/if that happens.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike@CZP For This Useful Post:
Sportsguy83 (09-21-2015)
Old 09-18-2015, 02:27 PM   #10
ATaraxias

Quote:
I never claimed that we did not make a mistake. The manufacturer told me it was in stock, but then it was not when we placed the order. They shipped it out and told me afterward. It was our fault, so we have tried to fix it numerous times, but you will not accept the standard procedure of a full refund with no penalty to you.

For Option 1, you would just need to slap a label on the box and drop it off at Kinko's. I am sorry if that is an inconvenience for you. Every online company (Amazon, Ebay, etc) has the same procedure.

You asked for all the options, so I included the option of you keeping your order, which is what you are electing to do because you do not want to pay the extra money to place your order through another vendor.

I given you 2 legitimate options where you get all your money back, and also an option that gives you more money to purchase from somewhere else.

I will update your tracking number for the Front Pipe once it becomes available. Let me know if you would like to cancel your order at any point.

Mike

Did you really just suggest that Amazon or Ebay lie to customers about product availability, ship partial orders without warning and then tell the customer to drop it off at Kinko's on their own time if they don't like it?

Because that sounds very unlike either Amazon or Ebay. It sounds more like a fly-by-night dropshipping company which either doesn't communicate with its manufacturer or gets lied to and then passes the problem onto its customers.
Old 09-18-2015, 02:31 PM   #11
Mike@CZP

I do apologize if we have caused inconvenience. If you would like to make any changes in your order or have any other questions, please contact me.

Quote:
Did you really just suggest that Amazon or Ebay lie to customers about product availability, ship partial orders without warning and then tell the customer to drop it off at Kinko's on their own time if they don't like it?

Because that sounds very unlike either Amazon or Ebay. It sounds more like a fly-by-night dropshipping company which either doesn't communicate with its manufacturer or gets lied to and then passes the problem onto its customers.
Old 09-18-2015, 02:36 PM   #12
ATaraxias

Quote:
I do apologize if we have caused inconvenience. If you would like to make any changes in your order or have any other questions, please contact me.

Questions:

Why did you leave me negative trader feedback?

Do you really think "Would not accept refund. Unreasonable" is a fair way of describing this situation?

If I could get a full refund without doing your job for you, I would have already taken that option.
Old 09-18-2015, 02:42 PM   #13
Mike@CZP

PM Sent with option to Return w/UPS/Fedex Pick-up. Let me know.
Old 09-18-2015, 03:03 PM   #14
Joyride86

Drives: 15 FR-S Firestorm MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
I have dealt with Mike@CZP before and I didn't have any issues. The customer service was good and shipping was fast.

I think he has given you several options which all seem reasonable. You stress that he lied and stole money from you, but I don't think that is the case. He quoted you a product based on availability from the manufacturer. He took the order, but later found out it wasn't available. This happened to me with another vendor here. No biggie.

You say that everyone should go with another reputable vendor instead and spend "a few bucks more". $250 doesn't seem like a few bucks more to me. Why don't you take your advice and just send back the part you got? Nothing gets charged to you and you can order it elsewhere. This way everyone can cut ties and chalk it up to a lessons learned.
Diode Dynamics Tail as Turn, LEDs, HIDs | Yospeed Custom Plaque and Frame | Suntek Carbon Tint | Spyder Smoked Side Markers | GrimmSpeed License Plate Relocator and Hood Struts | Five:AD Spoiler | JDM Armrest | Beat-Sonic Backup Cam | Moddiction Anvil 2 | Invidia N2 |
Joyride86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Joyride86 For This Useful Post:
Daedex (03-02-2018), kch (09-23-2015), Mike@CZP (09-21-2015), MisterSheep (04-05-2016), raven1231 (09-21-2015)