follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Specific topics relating to wheels and tires.

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2020, 07:41 PM   #29
Shizuka

Drives: 2018 BRZ PP (Modified)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yeah financing wheels ($2000 purchase) ≠ building credit... not sure where that logic came from. Simplest way to build credit is to just have a credit card, make most of your purchases on it, and pay in full each month. If you truly can afford to get the wheels as you stated, just buy them with a credit card and pay in full at the end of the month if you're worrying about building credit.

Financing a large purchase like a new car builds credit because it shows banks/lenders that you're responsible enough to make those payments each month on something that you could not afford to purchase all at once. You won't gain much, if anything at all, by financing a purchase this small.

That aside, I'd like to see some pics of the Ikon widebody and F14s when it's done... Not many people are brave enough to come on this forum and show off a replica widebody. Would be interested to see how fitment/quality compares to the real deal. GL with the build!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shizuka For This Useful Post:
KR-S (01-17-2020), Tristor (01-17-2020), why? (01-17-2020), wparsons (01-17-2020)
Old 01-16-2020, 08:12 PM   #30
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
granted taken is that you?
humfrz (01-16-2020), KR-S (01-17-2020), Tristor (01-17-2020)
Old 01-16-2020, 10:41 PM   #31
Impureclient
Banned

Drives: 2015 FR-S
Thanked 2,903 Times in 1,282 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaXx View Post

i like you a lot man. i especially liked your story of when you would take the sick family cat out to the woods and kill it with a hammer.
In the context he wrote it at the time it didn't seem funny because it wasn't intended to be but reading you reflecting on what he wrote,
that struck me as pretty much one of the funniest things I've read in here. Read it as you and cats just don't get along for some reason.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Impureclient For This Useful Post:
HaXx (01-17-2020), soundman98 (01-17-2020)
Old 01-16-2020, 11:39 PM   #32
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,813 Times in 16,424 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
granted taken is that you?

humfrz
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (01-17-2020), wparsons (01-17-2020)
Old 01-17-2020, 12:02 AM   #33
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,513 Times in 18,917 Posts
Mentioned: 1106 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
...Defense Intelligence...
Riiiiiiiiiiiight
Old 01-17-2020, 12:43 AM   #34
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,813 Times in 16,424 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
Riiiiiiiiiiiight
Well, it's not as bad as military intelligence -

humfrz
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (01-17-2020)
Old 01-17-2020, 02:58 AM   #35
86MLR

Drives: 2002 VX Commodore SS LS1 Auto
Thanked 2,185 Times in 1,111 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Well, it's not as bad as military intelligence -

humfrz
I resemble that

Double thumbs up, you know it
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to 86MLR For This Useful Post:
humfrz (01-17-2020)
Old 01-17-2020, 03:03 AM   #36
juniorrr

Drives: Scion Frs
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post
Hey @juniorrr,

I know you think doing the widebody + stance with fancy wheels thing is so cool and will get you a lot of clout but you should reeeally reconsider in terms of finance (mostly like everybody is saying) for a few different reasons.

I live in an area with a lot of people who try to go widebody and who have bought 4000+ dollar sets of wheels (insanity imo but it is what it is).

You don't wanna know how many times I've seen people order a set that they later realize they won't be able to use for some reason or another (decided not to widebody, widebody ended up not being a good fit, car got confiscated, got into accident, got broken into, etc.). What if your job at chevron or wherever suddenly gets cut or your school stuff causes you to need to suddenly quit or work less hours? And then you can't keep up with car payments, rent, etc.

And then they wind up trying to sell that set of wheels for weeks or even months, because once the order is submitted and/or the set is received, they can't cancel, and nor can they use them.. But, not many people want to buy a set of wheels like that on a whim since at that point show-y builds become suuuper unique and it becomes more like "well that's a fancy set of wheels but it won't fit my build" and then that money of yours goes down the drain. And then if anything, they start dropping the price of the wheels to try enticing people to buy.

But, then your investment becomes less and less value than what it was originally worth. Not a very good situation .

If you really want to build credit, I'd do it with _normal_ stuff, not these special one-off purchases. Like, you're not really gonna get that big a boost probably from a set of wheels you pay off in a year. Because the longer a loan goes and the more consistent you are in paying it off is usually how you get more value out of it.

But then again, I graduated college with 0 credit (long story, but just never had credit cards or loans till after graduation) and bought my BRZ by getting a co-signing by family on my loan. Great financial decision, eh?

But then again, I knew I would be able to pay it off in 2 years and could've even sooner due to my post college job situation and doing well saving throughout college other than living expenses.

TBH I would highly recommend saving all this money that you "have" and waiting till after graduation and have a very steady flow of money where you know you won't have to worry about the chance of having a useless box of 4k+ just wasting away in a garage.
1) I don't do ANYTHING for anyone.. I just love building cars and I have since I was younger and I'll continue to do it til the day I die lol. This widebody is for me.. for all the hard work i've put at work and at school.
2) I CAN Afford just buying it all in cash with the install and paint if I wanted to. Why does everyone assume that just because i want to build my credit a little bit more on car parts that all of a sudden I'm broke??? Dude i have a good amount saved up in my bank account and could do this build 4 times over if I wanted and im not BULLSHITTING or just blowing smoke here.
3) Building cars is my hobby and mostly what I buy aside from computer stuff I suppose so its in my best interest to raise my credit in this way since I dont spend it anywhere else.
4) Yes I understand the boost isn't alot but from the beginning i kept implying that If i could raise it up a lil more with 0% interest that is definitely the BEST option possible and only on those terms will I do it.
5) I understand where your coming from dude I get it... But im keeping this car probably for as long as I can or until its totaled lol. It was my first car and I plan to continue building it even after the engine dies. I have alot of big things planned for this car once I graduate as a Mechanical Engineer.
6) I just asked one simple questions and everyone is blowing it out of proportion.. assuming things left and right.. the internet is a stupid place lol.
Old 01-17-2020, 03:08 AM   #37
juniorrr

Drives: Scion Frs
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizuka View Post
Yeah financing wheels ($2000 purchase) ≠ building credit... not sure where that logic came from. Simplest way to build credit is to just have a credit card, make most of your purchases on it, and pay in full each month. If you truly can afford to get the wheels as you stated, just buy them with a credit card and pay in full at the end of the month if you're worrying about building credit.

Financing a large purchase like a new car builds credit because it shows banks/lenders that you're responsible enough to make those payments each month on something that you could not afford to purchase all at once. You won't gain much, if anything at all, by financing a purchase this small.

That aside, I'd like to see some pics of the Ikon widebody and F14s when it's done... Not many people are brave enough to come on this forum and show off a replica widebody. Would be interested to see how fitment/quality compares to the real deal. GL with the build!
It does boost my credit a little bit at a time. How do i know this? because i've financed parts over the years with 0% interest rate and last november I did a credit report which showed me these results...
Yes i know its not the best way to improve your credit but I already knew that going in obviously... If i can boost my credit with a simple purchase WHY not do it? Its so simple i dont understand how people dont get this simple logic.
As far as the Ikonmotorsports I made a post on the facebook page where literally almost 100 people posted saying how AMAZING that replica is showing pics and all that jazz. Now that i have the kit I can even tell how good this kit is. Like i said i went to 3 body shops on their opinion of the kit and they said it was one of the best if not best replica kit they've ever seen. People on here just talk out of their ass without knowing the facts but thats the internet what can you do
Old 01-17-2020, 06:30 AM   #38
why?
Only happy when it rains.

Drives: series.blue
Thanked 1,263 Times in 749 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
The human race is stupid and moronic. There are more wide bodied cars out there that were completely financed than there were bought outright. Stupid kids think something is cool and do stupid crap to replicate it.

If you have already financed it for 0% than you know who to talk to to do it again. It still won't help much. I did that with my car and had the bank auto pay the loan the entire length of the loan, when I paid it off it didn't change the score at all.

Your score isn't going to get much higher without a mortgage payment on your record.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to why? For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (01-17-2020), wparsons (01-17-2020)
Old 01-17-2020, 08:43 AM   #39
J1Avs

Drives: 2018 BRZ tS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Actually, frequently opening up accounts and closing them, rather than having long standing lines of credit actually hurts your credit. How do I know this? Because I play the credit card sign-up bonus game for miles and hotel points to boost my travel/upgrade capabilities. Now, does it have an actual long-standing damage on high score, not really, but when I look at my report the only negative influence is the frequency of credit checks and new accounts. Credit agencies want to see established credit, and you ability to manage the line of credit you have available.

If this is the path you want to go, here is my recommendation (if you have a strong enough credit score):

Apply for a Capital One Quicksilver, Chase Freedom Card, etc. that is a card with a $0 annual fee and offers you a 12-15 month 0% intro APR term. That way you are taking out a credit card, not a short-term loan (that if something goes wrong, the APR skyrockets), from an established banking institution, that will likely also give you $200 bucks cash back for your wheels when you purchase them as a sign-up bonus. Additionally, you'll get 1.5% cash back on the wheels, which is a couple extra bucks. This way you have 12-15 months to pay it back, in the unfortunate event something happens, as well as building your credit with an established banking institution.

I'm not going to sit here and tell you how to live your life, but if you ARE going to do something like you were mentioning, the above path would be the safest, and likely best path to go.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to J1Avs For This Useful Post:
ATL BRZ (01-17-2020), soundman98 (01-17-2020), wparsons (01-17-2020)
Old 01-17-2020, 09:57 AM   #40
KR-S
Sporadic Member

Drives: 2016 Halo FR-S M/T
Thanked 3,552 Times in 1,746 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
My god, OP. Drop the arrogance and listen to these people. You may not have asked for the forum's advice, but regardless, it's good advice.

I agree with everybody that said to just use the credit card for everything for the time being. That's what I'm doing now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HueyLooie View Post
Nah, homes. It's your dadda's hot goopey goop.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KR-S For This Useful Post:
Goingnowherefast (01-17-2020), soundman98 (01-17-2020), Will BRZ (01-17-2020)
Old 01-17-2020, 09:58 AM   #41
wparsons

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S Manual
Thanked 3,351 Times in 2,134 Posts
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by juniorrr View Post
1) I don't do ANYTHING for anyone.. I just love building cars and I have since I was younger and I'll continue to do it til the day I die lol. This widebody is for me.. for all the hard work i've put at work and at school.
2) I CAN Afford just buying it all in cash with the install and paint if I wanted to. Why does everyone assume that just because i want to build my credit a little bit more on car parts that all of a sudden I'm broke??? Dude i have a good amount saved up in my bank account and could do this build 4 times over if I wanted and im not BULLSHITTING or just blowing smoke here.
3) Building cars is my hobby and mostly what I buy aside from computer stuff I suppose so its in my best interest to raise my credit in this way since I dont spend it anywhere else.
4) Yes I understand the boost isn't alot but from the beginning i kept implying that If i could raise it up a lil more with 0% interest that is definitely the BEST option possible and only on those terms will I do it.
5) I understand where your coming from dude I get it... But im keeping this car probably for as long as I can or until its totaled lol. It was my first car and I plan to continue building it even after the engine dies. I have alot of big things planned for this car once I graduate as a Mechanical Engineer.
6) I just asked one simple questions and everyone is blowing it out of proportion.. assuming things left and right.. the internet is a stupid place lol.

You keep saying this, but you're ignoring the intelligent advice to just be using a credit card for all purchases if your actual goal is improving your credit score. Like I said before, we get about $1000/year back in cash back just for buying whatever we'd be buying anyway by using our CC's for pretty much everything we can.

Taking out multiple short term loans can hurt more than it'll help because you're having another hard hit credit check done every time you get a new one. A long standing credit card doesn't have the same downfall, and using it and paying it off in full helps more.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wparsons For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (01-17-2020), why? (01-21-2020)
Old 01-17-2020, 09:59 AM   #42
YamahaR86
JDM Vaping Stance Nation

Drives: 2013 White
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizuka View Post
That aside, I'd like to see some pics of the Ikon widebody and F14s when it's done... Not many people are brave enough to come on this forum and show off a replica widebody. Would be interested to see how fitment/quality compares to the real deal.

From the research I did last night on the huge amount of vape bro vlogger videos, the fitment isn't great.

Panel gaps on some, other times it doesn't sit flush. Only if you mold it to the body and paint it will it be decent. I personally don't like wide body but one video, this idiot does a crappy job cutting into his fenders, RTV the edges and uses a 50mm rear 30mm front wheel spacer. Car was pretty much spotless before he started cutting. He has to cut more because the wheels are rubbing.

Last edited by YamahaR86; 01-17-2020 at 10:28 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to YamahaR86 For This Useful Post:
wparsons (01-17-2020)

Closed Thread