follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Specific topics relating to wheels and tires.

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2020, 12:41 PM   #15
Soloside
-Phil's BIGGEST FAN BOI

Drives: 2014 Greddy Turbo BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by juniorrr View Post
No I have the money to pay it in full but if I could finance it over time with 0% interest over a short period that would be a lot better. Builds my credit as well as I don’t have to pay the money in full right away. I’ve called and every time I do I’m on hold for 20min plus so that’s why I thought I’d ask here. Don’t comment if your gunna try to give me advice financially... I’m financially stable obviously if I’m trying to widebody my car... LOL
looked at your previous threads and found that you were buying an IKONMOTORSPORTS rep v1 kit.

I guess financial stability is a 245$ kit.

LOL.

FUCK.

But to answer your question, I don't think forgestar as a company does, but a few of their vendors will finance it. Off the top of my head, try asking modbargins, I remember seeing they had a cookie cutter rbv1 setup listed.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Soloside For This Useful Post:
ATL BRZ (01-17-2020), KR-S (01-17-2020), NWFRS (01-18-2020), Shizuka (01-16-2020), spike021 (01-16-2020), Tristor (01-16-2020)
Old 01-16-2020, 12:59 PM   #16
J1Avs

Drives: 2018 BRZ tS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
PayPal also will finance things, but I'm sure it depends on your credit as well...
Old 01-16-2020, 01:28 PM   #17
juniorrr

Drives: Scion Frs
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soloside View Post
looked at your previous threads and found that you were buying an IKONMOTORSPORTS rep v1 kit.

LOL.

FUCK.

But to answer your question, I don't think forgestar as a company does, but a few of their vendors will finance it. Off the top of my head, try asking modbargins, I remember seeing they had a cookie cutter rbv1 setup listed.
Wasn't that post like a year ago???
So I'm a welder for Cheveron, i got in through my uncle and I make very good money lol... Im also still going to school for mechanical engineering and im graduating in a year and half. So yeah I am financially stable and life is good. I wonder if you guys could say the same things for yourselfs (:
Like I said I was just wondering if they finance for the previous reason. I dont understand why people on the internet assume so much?

P.S. that ikon motorsports kit is SOOOO fucking good. And the price is out of this world...
Old 01-16-2020, 01:46 PM   #18
HaXx

Drives: jrsc_brz
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
if you are doing this to build credit, go to a bank and talk to someone about a personal loan. that way you can open that line of credit, buy the wheels in full with the banks money, and pay the bank back over time, with a low interest rate.

when i buy wheels, i use a credit card so i can get that $~2-$3k of credit, and pay it off in the first month from my debit account.

believe it or not, the best way to build your credit is to charge ~30% of your limit and pay it the first month. they dont like to see you maxing out your cards. it would seem to make more sense to max out your card every month and pay it off every month, but thats not whats best for building credit
The Following User Says Thank You to HaXx For This Useful Post:
wparsons (01-16-2020)
Old 01-16-2020, 01:50 PM   #19
HaXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soloside View Post

LOL.

FUCK.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo not a rep kit!!!!!!! why???????? you can get a rallybacker for 2 grand! why rep??????????? you can even just get the 4 rocketbunny fender flares for 500 each corner, 2k total.
The Following User Says Thank You to HaXx For This Useful Post:
Shizuka (01-16-2020)
Old 01-16-2020, 02:00 PM   #20
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,813 Times in 16,424 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
This story reminds me of my youngest son when he was 16. I bought him an old car. We checked the brakes and they were shot, so I sent him up to the auto parts store to buy a set of brake pads and shoes.

When he returned, he said that they didn't have the brake parts in stock, but he bought a "racing" steering wheel. I told him to take the steering wheel back and get his (my) money back, then call around till he found the brake parts and go get them!

Yes, he did turn out OK. He got his degree plus a masters degree and works for the Defense Intelligence Agency and is assigned to a position in Hawaii.

So, juniorrr , good luck with your studies -

humfrz
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
Impureclient (01-16-2020), NWFRS (01-18-2020), spike021 (01-16-2020), Tristor (01-16-2020), wparsons (01-16-2020)
Old 01-16-2020, 02:13 PM   #21
YamahaR86
JDM Vaping Stance Nation

Drives: 2013 White
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
This story reminds me of my youngest son when he was 16. I bought him an old car. We checked the brakes and they were shot, so I sent him up to the auto parts store to buy a set of brake pads and shoes.

When he returned, he said that they didn't have the brake parts in stock, but he bought a "racing" steering wheel. I told him to take the steering wheel back and get his (my) money back, then call around till he found the brake parts and go get them!

Yes, he did turn out OK. He got his degree plus a masters degree and works for the Defense Intelligence Agency and is assigned to a position in Hawaii.

So, juniorrr , good luck with your studies -

humfrz

Did he go back after and get that racing steering wheel though? Brakes are useless if you aren't going fast, and that racing component adds more powa.
humfrz (01-16-2020), soundman98 (01-16-2020), spike021 (01-16-2020), Ultramaroon (01-16-2020)
Old 01-16-2020, 02:25 PM   #22
VIP BRZ

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I financed a couch when i was first trying to build credit.. go for it

A lot of wheel company's offer financing with %0 interest for a full year in some cases
Otherwise, Paypall credit had %0 interest on payments over $500 if payed off before 6 months
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VIP BRZ For This Useful Post:
juniorrr (01-16-2020), soundman98 (01-16-2020)
Old 01-16-2020, 02:29 PM   #23
humfrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaR86 View Post
Did he go back after and get that racing steering wheel though? Brakes are useless if you aren't going fast, and that racing component adds more powa.
I think he finally did. My position was to buy each kid an old car when they turned 16. I would tune it up, replace the brakes and put new tires on it and pay for the insurance. Anything else, including gas and oil, was up to them to buy.

humfrz
Old 01-16-2020, 02:51 PM   #24
HaXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
I think he finally did. My position was to buy each kid an old car when they turned 16. I would tune it up, replace the brakes and put new tires on it and pay for the insurance. Anything else, including gas and oil, was up to them to buy.

humfrz
humfrz, i like you a lot man. but i dont know why you sign each post with your nametag, when there is a big blue nametag directly to the left of your post. it reminds me of when my dad used to sign his texts with "dad", even though the caller id/contact file was named dad.

im sure old habits are hard to break.

i like you a lot man. i especially liked your story of when you would take the sick family cat out to the woods and kill it with a hammer.

Last edited by HaXx; 01-16-2020 at 04:52 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HaXx For This Useful Post:
humfrz (01-16-2020), Impureclient (01-16-2020), JoeC (01-16-2020)
Old 01-16-2020, 03:21 PM   #25
juniorrr

Drives: Scion Frs
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaXx View Post
if you are doing this to build credit, go to a bank and talk to someone about a personal loan. that way you can open that line of credit, buy the wheels in full with the banks money, and pay the bank back over time, with a low interest rate.

when i buy wheels, i use a credit card so i can get that $~2-$3k of credit, and pay it off in the first month from my debit account.

believe it or not, the best way to build your credit is to charge ~30% of your limit and pay it the first month. they dont like to see you maxing out your cards. it would seem to make more sense to max out your card every month and pay it off every month, but thats not whats best for building credit
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIP BRZ View Post
I financed a couch when i was first trying to build credit.. go for it

A lot of wheel company's offer financing with %0 interest for a full year in some cases
Otherwise, Paypall credit had %0 interest on payments over $500 if payed off before 6 months
My credit last time i checked was at 755 which is really good not the greatest i guess but i want to raise it as high as possible for the future.
I have financed so many car parts over the years with 0% interest up to 1 year because my credit was good. And only on those terms would i finance.. I'm not retarded for crying out loud... Again with the assumptions
And yeah that is good literally almost a hundred people told me it was amazing before i got it and now that i do have it and mocked it up. The fitment is incredibly good and only needs to be shaved a bit in the rear and the gas cap. I even took this to 3 shops and they said that the fitment was really good and its ABS so its stronger than fiberglass as well. So if you don't have the kit than your opinion is invalid.
Old 01-16-2020, 04:23 PM   #26
wparsons

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S Manual
Thanked 3,351 Times in 2,134 Posts
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by juniorrr View Post
No I have the money to pay it in full but if I could finance it over time with 0% interest over a short period that would be a lot better. Builds my credit as well as I don’t have to pay the money in full right away. I’ve called and every time I do I’m on hold for 20min plus so that’s why I thought I’d ask here. Don’t comment if your gunna try to give me advice financially... I’m financially stable obviously if I’m trying to widebody my car... LOL

If all you want to do is build credit, then just use your credit card to buy literally everything and pay it off when the bill comes. Almost every single thing we buy (even bill payments where it makes sense) go on our credit card. The only bills that don't go on it are the ones that charge more of a premium than we get in cash back (ie 2% cashback but they charge 3% extra to pay by CC). Not only does it keep your credit rating up, but if you get a good card you can also get a good chunk of cash back every year (or travel points, etc). We typically end up with about $1000 back each year, just for buying stuff we'd be buying anyway.

99% of people asking if something can be financed don't have the money for it, or they'd just use a credit card like a normal person. You might also be shocked to see how many people will modify a car with bank loans, it's A LOT more common than you think.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to wparsons For This Useful Post:
ATL BRZ (01-17-2020), JoeC (01-16-2020), KR-S (01-17-2020), Leonardo (01-16-2020), NWFRS (01-18-2020), soundman98 (01-16-2020), spike021 (01-16-2020), Summerwolf (01-16-2020), Tristor (01-17-2020), Vital (01-17-2020), why? (01-17-2020)
Old 01-16-2020, 06:54 PM   #27
humfrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaXx View Post
humfrz, i like you a lot man. but i dont know why you sign each post with your nametag, when there is a big blue nametag directly to the left of your post. it reminds me of when my dad used to sign his texts with "dad", even though the caller id/contact file was named dad.

im sure old habits are hard to break.

i like you a lot man. i especially liked your story of when you would take the sick family cat out to the woods and kill it with a hammer.
Good point. I really don't know why I sign off on my forum post.

Maybe I do that to remind myself that I was done with that post, in case I have a senior moment and forget what I was doing -

humfrz
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
HaXx (01-16-2020), NWFRS (01-18-2020), spike021 (01-16-2020), wparsons (01-17-2020)
Old 01-16-2020, 07:32 PM   #28
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,471 Times in 3,207 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Hey @juniorrr,

I know you think doing the widebody + stance with fancy wheels thing is so cool and will get you a lot of clout but you should reeeally reconsider in terms of finance (mostly like everybody is saying) for a few different reasons.

I live in an area with a lot of people who try to go widebody and who have bought 4000+ dollar sets of wheels (insanity imo but it is what it is).

You don't wanna know how many times I've seen people order a set that they later realize they won't be able to use for some reason or another (decided not to widebody, widebody ended up not being a good fit, car got confiscated, got into accident, got broken into, etc.). What if your job at chevron or wherever suddenly gets cut or your school stuff causes you to need to suddenly quit or work less hours? And then you can't keep up with car payments, rent, etc.

And then they wind up trying to sell that set of wheels for weeks or even months, because once the order is submitted and/or the set is received, they can't cancel, and nor can they use them.. But, not many people want to buy a set of wheels like that on a whim since at that point show-y builds become suuuper unique and it becomes more like "well that's a fancy set of wheels but it won't fit my build" and then that money of yours goes down the drain. And then if anything, they start dropping the price of the wheels to try enticing people to buy.

But, then your investment becomes less and less value than what it was originally worth. Not a very good situation .

If you really want to build credit, I'd do it with _normal_ stuff, not these special one-off purchases. Like, you're not really gonna get that big a boost probably from a set of wheels you pay off in a year. Because the longer a loan goes and the more consistent you are in paying it off is usually how you get more value out of it.

But then again, I graduated college with 0 credit (long story, but just never had credit cards or loans till after graduation) and bought my BRZ by getting a co-signing by family on my loan. Great financial decision, eh?

But then again, I knew I would be able to pay it off in 2 years and could've even sooner due to my post college job situation and doing well saving throughout college other than living expenses.

TBH I would highly recommend saving all this money that you "have" and waiting till after graduation and have a very steady flow of money where you know you won't have to worry about the chance of having a useless box of 4k+ just wasting away in a garage.
It sounds to me like the delicate, metallic sounds of piston skirts slapping against the cylinder walls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Now, if it was three feet long and you were using all that leverage
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spike021 For This Useful Post:
humfrz (01-16-2020), Tristor (01-17-2020)

Closed Thread