follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 02-02-2017, 12:24 AM   #673
Docmattic

Drives: GT 86
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hey Guys,

I have the Sprintex 210 kit on my 86. I am using the tune that was supplied with the car from Bullet/MRT in Australia.

Knowing that you guys helped them with their tune, is there much difference between their tune and your tune?
Docmattic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 02:31 PM   #674
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Drives: Edelbrock Equipped - Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,682 Times in 581 Posts
Mentioned: 403 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docmattic View Post
Hey Guys,

I have the Sprintex 210 kit on my 86. I am using the tune that was supplied with the car from Bullet/MRT in Australia.

Knowing that you guys helped them with their tune, is there much difference between their tune and your tune?
We did not help them with their tune at all, actually! We were the sole developers for the Innovate CARB tune, which was for USDM cars only and has not been in circulation for quite a while.

I haven't run across any Bullet/MRT tunes, but I have had a few guys from your side of the pond purchase our tune after running theirs for awhile. Try it out, I'm sure you'll like it.

Sincerely,

Zach
Delicious Tuning
DeliciousTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 09:45 PM   #675
Super Dave
Stuck In a Sandbox

Drives: FRS RS1.0
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Possibly a dumb question. But im running this FnG tune on my FRS. How do I enable the extra goodies like Flat foot shifting and autoblip? I haven't been able to find where I do that at...
Super Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Super Dave For This Useful Post:
CHMBRZ (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 04:47 PM   #676
dejahboi

Drives: 13 FRS - Boosted
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Dave View Post
Possibly a dumb question. But im running this FnG tune on my FRS. How do I enable the extra goodies like Flat foot shifting and autoblip? I haven't been able to find where I do that at...
Have you tried changing setting via cruise control?

With the car on, pull the cruise control towards you and hold. you'll notice the rpm needle go to a stand still on what setting you're on. By default it should be on one, release the cruise control and move it up or down. My settings inorder is : 1 - auto blip 2 - Flat foot shifting 3 - launch control 4 - Trac control.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
dejahboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 07:30 PM   #677
continuecrushing

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FRS
Thanked 2,144 Times in 1,003 Posts
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
also, as far as maps go I'd do this: flat foot shift and launch control on EVERY MAP

You have to be very deliberate to activate either one, so you might as well have them on all maps!

But up to you of course
continuecrushing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 12:48 PM   #678
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

We've been getting a few folks lately running into specific CELs, namely P0201-P0204. These are injector hard circuit codes, and are not related to the tune, no matter who your tuner is. As the description of the code suggests, these are a faulty circuit between the fuel injector and the chassis's electrical harness. When this code occurs, your fuel injectors are losing power and connection with the ecu, and this will cause the injector to shut off.

This problem occurs solely on aftermarket injectors with adapter harnesses in place. Luckily, we have a fix for this issue in the form of hard connectors that eliminate the need for any poorly wired, aftermarket adapter harnesses. These connectors are available here: https://www.delicioustuning.com/node/437

As a general reminder, check engine lights are not always, and really rarely an indication of a tuning issue. Check engine lights exist to warn the driver of a mechanical issue. If you run into a light and you aren't sure what is causing it, the best course of action is to ask your tuner what might be the cause, so they can give you guidance in diagnosing and fixing the issue.

Sincerely,

Zach
Delicious Tuning
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
-Phil (02-17-2017), 86 South Africa (09-18-2017), BigFatFlip (02-17-2017), Irace86 (02-18-2017), Jasonbot (02-17-2017), Kris86 (02-20-2017)
Old 02-18-2017, 10:48 AM   #679
COO86L

Drives: 2015 86 GTS + Mitsi Lancer GSR
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docmattic View Post
Hey Guys,

Unsure where that info came from but keen to find out!

MRT do all their own tuning. Bullet claim to do their own tuning but I believe they source their base map from a different tuner in Brisbane.
The non-EcuTek tune you can get from Sprintex was actually developed by them using Alientech software.

I wouldn't use the MRT tune, notoriously bad name. I used the Sprintex tune and it was alright but hesitated (found the reason, load cell was mis-scaled). I swapped to the Delicious tune and boy oh boy I did not regret it!! Had a lot of people drive my car and say how amazing it was and couldn't believe it was supercharged with the amount of power it was putting down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sales@delicioustuning.com View Post
We've been getting a few folks lately running into specific CELs, namely P0201-P0204. These are injector hard circuit codes, and are not related to the tune, no matter who your tuner is. As the description of the code suggests, these are a faulty circuit between the fuel injector and the chassis's electrical harness. When this code occurs, your fuel injectors are losing power and connection with the ecu, and this will cause the injector to shut off.

This problem occurs solely on aftermarket injectors with adapter harnesses in place. Luckily, we have a fix for this issue in the form of hard connectors that eliminate the need for any poorly wired, aftermarket adapter harnesses. These connectors are available here: https://www.delicioustuning.com/node/437

As a general reminder, check engine lights are not always, and really rarely an indication of a tuning issue. Check engine lights exist to warn the driver of a mechanical issue. If you run into a light and you aren't sure what is causing it, the best course of action is to ask your tuner what might be the cause, so they can give you guidance in diagnosing and fixing the issue.

Sincerely,

Zach
Delicious Tuning
^^^^ True story, happened to me. Hard connectors are the way to go because those little wires like to rub on nearby components and wear through.
COO86L is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to COO86L For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2017, 12:23 PM   #680
Kris86

Drives: RHD Gt86
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:

As

Sincerely,

Zach
Delicious Tuning
Awesome
Ordering these for my build

461hp on 91octane - JDL turbo GTX3076r GEN 2 - Mazworx CD009 transmission

Last edited by Kris86; 02-20-2017 at 05:53 PM.
Kris86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 05:13 AM   #681
adjusts

Drives: Raven Black Scion FRS
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
quick question.

coming from NA with UEL headers, if I decide to install my c30 JRSC kit and upload the stock JRSC Delicious tune you guys sent me, would the car be drivable? I know i'll need to get revisions to get the most out of my headers, but would it be safe to drive on the stock JRSC tune even if I already have headers installed?

Black (Raven) D4S Scion FRS (Sold)|| Black (CBP) FK8 Civic Type R || Black (BSM) F80 M3 Comp (Sold) || Black (Jet) E46 M3 || Laguna Seca Blue (LSB) E46 M3 (Sold) || Alpine White (AW) E92 M3 || Carrara White 997 GT3RS
adjusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 04:38 PM   #682
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjusts View Post
quick question.

coming from NA with UEL headers, if I decide to install my c30 JRSC kit and upload the stock JRSC Delicious tune you guys sent me, would the car be drivable? I know i'll need to get revisions to get the most out of my headers, but would it be safe to drive on the stock JRSC tune even if I already have headers installed?
Absolutely; the car will be OK to drive right from the get go. Keep in mind, unlike the CARB tune, our tune does require the use of an aftermarket MAP sensor such as our Delicious Tuning MAP sensor, or the Jackson Racing 4 BAR unit. Whichever you choose, the tune will need to be scaled accordingly.

-Zach
Old 07-11-2017, 11:43 PM   #683
leets4uc3

Drives: Sprintex carbon fiber wide body
Hey delicious. I have an intercooled innovate SC with your 69mm pulley, flex fuel, 700cc injector kit and tune. My car has hunting and stalling lately when shifting into nuetral on both 91 and e85, but more so 91. Seems to be more frequent as the outside temp rises. I am in AZ so its been pretty hot lately. The car drives and pulls like normal otherwise. Also, when cold or warm starting the car cranks for a while then barely starts. Have you guys encountered this at all or got any tips?

It threw one mis fire code on cylinder 1 and I swapped injectors hope something would change. Vacuum seems to be fine and boost holds like normal. I plan to do a smoke test and check the battery today.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited by leets4uc3; 07-12-2017 at 09:45 AM.
leets4uc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 05:10 PM   #684
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by leets4uc3 View Post
Hey delicious. I have an intercooled innovate SC with your 69mm pulley, flex fuel, 700cc injector kit and tune. My car has hunting and stalling lately when shifting into nuetral on both 91 and e85, but more so 91. Seems to be more frequent as the outside temp rises. I am in AZ so its been pretty hot lately. The car drives and pulls like normal otherwise. Also, when cold or warm starting the car cranks for a while then barely starts. Have you guys encountered this at all or got any tips?

It threw one mis fire code on cylinder 1 and I swapped injectors hope something would change. Vacuum seems to be fine and boost holds like normal. I plan to do a smoke test and check the battery today.

With these kits, it is nearly always a vacuum leak. That being said, the best thing to do after your smoke test would be to send us a 15 minute idle log from a completely cold startup. Make sure to log Custom Map P Result so we can view precise ethanol content. Email the log to sales@delicioustuning.com.com and I'll get back to you same day.

-Zach
The Following User Says Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
leets4uc3 (07-12-2017)
Old 07-12-2017, 06:29 PM   #685
leets4uc3

Drives: Sprintex carbon fiber wide body
Quote:
With these kits, it is nearly always a vacuum leak. That being said, the best thing to do after your smoke test would be to send us a 15 minute idle log from a completely cold startup. Make sure to log Custom Map P Result so we can view precise ethanol content. Email the log to sales@delicioustuning.com.com and I'll get back to you same day.

-Zach
Awesome. Thank you for your fast response. I will send you a log as soon as I get a some time!

leets4uc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to leets4uc3 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2017, 12:05 PM   #686
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Update:

Our tunes specific for Edelbrock, Cosworth, Harrop, and Innovate/Sprintex superchargers have all been updated.

Changes are as follows:

- Improved VVT for stronger and more consistent low end response.
- Refined throttle mapping in low end and mid range.
- Further optimized Front 02 scaling for better accuracy.
- Finer control over custom closed loop fueling during WOT.
- RaceROM 9.1 added for EcuTek Bluetooth Connect compatibility, with more custom features to come.
- (2017 Specific) - Standard RaceROM features now patched and working appropriately.

Latest version numbers are now as follows:

Edelbrock/Cosworth/Harrop V22.00
Innovate/Sprintex Non-Intercooled - V10.00
Innovate/Sprintex Intercooled - V11.50

Zach
Delicious Tuning
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
frsq5 (10-04-2017), Kenny_LongWrench (10-04-2017)