follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
FT86 Motorsports
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Subaru BRZ > Subaru BRZ General Forum

Subaru BRZ General Forum All discussions about the Subaru BRZ coupe


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-10-2012, 01:07 PM   #393
#3onthelist
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Drives: subaru brz
Location: austin tx
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Austin Subaru in Texas was great to deal with, besides the wait but that is the story with every dealership. Brent the GM was very helpful. I work in sales and he knew it, so there was no bullshit about the advantages of upgrades and things of that nature. I stress this, NO MARK UP at all. MSRP out the door. I took delivery on Wed. and I love it. The only thing I am going to go back in and get added is the tint job and add on the gold plus warranty. As I recall it is a one time payment of $1240 and it would cover me up to 7 yrs 70k and can be transfered if you sell the car. If you are not modifying the car I would suggest this for one simple fact. This is the first production of the car. It has not been tested on real roads long enough to find potential flaws that might come up 3-4 years down the road. Just a suggestion and something to consider.

Last edited by #3onthelist; 08-10-2012 at 03:20 PM.
#3onthelist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:15 PM   #394
gily25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Drives: Silica BRZ 6MT
Location: 06103
Posts: 650
Thanks: 97
Thanked 115 Times in 92 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'll balance the good with the bad...
Center Subaru in Torrington, CT - great to work with, selling just above invoice, glad I bought here. Joe Kolosky is an awesome salesperson with true passion and knowledge for the BRZ. He told me they shipped some to CA and TX, purchase over the phone.

The bad...Suburban Subaru in Vernon, CT - My brother told me they had a white pearl and when I called after it, they were hosting an auction for the car with a fee to participate...the salesperson told me they were selling all their BRZs this way...agree with the first post it's supply/demand capitalism but what a way to be when there are unspoken for cars sitting on lots...not cool.
gily25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:50 PM   #395
ABQautoxer
Senior Member
 
ABQautoxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: Autocross cars
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 632
Thanks: 53
Thanked 180 Times in 132 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan65 View Post
I dodged the deposit from both Premier Motor Cars in Santa Fe (BR-Z), and Beaver Toyota of Santa Fe (FR-S)
The reason PMC (BR-Z) should be black listed is their Used car manager.
Next time come down to Garcia Subaru in Albuquerque and talk to Josh. You'll get a fair deal all around on a Subaru. I bought my Silver BRZ limited from them and would gladly buy there again.
__________________
TomR
#86 CS 2016 Miata
ABQautoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:44 PM   #396
Spartan65
USMC Veteran Semper Fi
 
Spartan65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Drives: 2010 WR Blue STi
Location: NM it's part of the US
Posts: 955
Thanks: 801
Thanked 378 Times in 243 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQautoxer View Post
Next time come down to Garcia Subaru in Albuquerque and talk to Josh. You'll get a fair deal all around on a Subaru. I bought my Silver BRZ limited from them and would gladly buy there again.
I called Garcia, and they wanted me to kick them a 1k deposit over the phone, before I even drove down. They are like Sharks and blood, they smell a buyer, and with the economy in the Red they throw all common courtesy and customer service to the wind.
As far as I care I have a Subaru / Scion = Scibaru and I bought it from a dealer that didn't add anything on I didn't feel I wanted or needed.
By the way most of the tools selling these have no Idea the technology that's built into them, their just pushing tin.
__________________
Spartan65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:46 PM   #397
ABQautoxer
Senior Member
 
ABQautoxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: Autocross cars
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 632
Thanks: 53
Thanked 180 Times in 132 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan65 View Post
I called Garcia, and they wanted me to kick them a 1k deposit over the phone, before I even drove down. They are like Sharks and blood, they smell a buyer, and with the economy in the Red they throw all common courtesy and customer service to the wind.
As far as I care I have a Subaru / Scion = Scibaru and I bought it from a dealer that didn't add anything on I didn't feel I wanted or needed.
By the way most of the tools selling these have no Idea the technology that's built into them, their just pushing tin.
Weird, I didn't have to do any of that nor have I ever heard of that. Scion here was the same, no issues though they were less than happy when I cancelled my order but I can understand that.
__________________
TomR
#86 CS 2016 Miata
ABQautoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ABQautoxer For This Useful Post:
Spartan65 (08-13-2012)
Old 08-15-2012, 03:48 PM   #398
worfworf
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Drives: Honda Odyssey, Evo X
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Burlingame Subaru has

1 silver limited with diffuser and other options for 29k plus $10,000 Markup!!!
1 blue one in auto also with a bunch of options and 10k markup for a total of 39k!

Why would someone spend 40k on this car?

Also saw 2 Wrb getting delivered.

Have fun
worfworf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:57 PM   #399
tylerhasaphone
Member
 
tylerhasaphone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Drives: 2006 rsx type s
Location: Dublin Ca
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by worfworf View Post
Burlingame Subaru has

1 silver limited with diffuser and other options for 29k plus $10,000 Markup!!!
1 blue one in auto also with a bunch of options and 10k markup for a total of 39k!

Why would someone spend 40k on this car?

Also saw 2 Wrb getting delivered.

Have fun
Thats beyond ridiculous
tylerhasaphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:39 PM   #400
Zaggeron
Senior Member
 
Zaggeron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: '13 BRZ Limited '10 370ZR
Location: Austin
Posts: 221
Thanks: 16
Thanked 48 Times in 36 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #3onthelist View Post
Austin Subaru in Texas was great to deal with, besides the wait but that is the story with every dealership. Brent the GM was very helpful. I work in sales and he knew it, so there was no bullshit about the advantages of upgrades and things of that nature. I stress this, NO MARK UP at all. MSRP out the door. I took delivery on Wed. and I love it. The only thing I am going to go back in and get added is the tint job and add on the gold plus warranty. As I recall it is a one time payment of $1240 and it would cover me up to 7 yrs 70k and can be transfered if you sell the car. If you are not modifying the car I would suggest this for one simple fact. This is the first production of the car. It has not been tested on real roads long enough to find potential flaws that might come up 3-4 years down the road. Just a suggestion and something to consider.
I know this is a thread for shady dealers, but I wanted to say something positive about my dealer

I too had a good experience with Austin Subaru. Picked mine up Sat the 4th. Salesman hadn't dealt much with preorders so he didn't know you could go back in to the ordering system once the options became known to further specify the order. So I didn't get my homelink mirror. But actually I'm glad he didn't do it. Since the auto-dim and the compass are valueless to me, I would have spent $300 bucks on a garage door opener . So my car was a vanilla 6mt Limited. Got MSRP and 2 yr/24K courtesy service for free. They also had their porter drive my old car down to Carmax while I followed in my BRZ when they wouldn't match the Carmax offer on my trade-in. All in all a fairly pleasant experience -- though waiting around just to go through the warranty sales pitches was kind of a drag, but you gotta expect that.
__________________
2013 GBS Subaru BRZ Limited 6MT
2010 PG 370z Roadster: Sport/Touring 6MT
Zaggeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:41 PM   #401
xjohnx
Grip>Slip
 
xjohnx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: 13 SWP BRZ Ltd - Innovate Powered!
Location: RVA
Posts: 3,540
Thanks: 655
Thanked 1,687 Times in 1,021 Posts
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DP82 View Post
Well, to be honest Southern States in Raleigh, NC is the closest dealership to me, less than 3 miles away, but they simply refused to make pre-orders because marking it up was their ultimate intention so they refused to work with me. I then went to Johnson Subaru in Cary and placed my order. The management at Southern States simply sucks for BRZ potential customers! Even if I have to wait an extra day or even a week to have my car serviced elsewhere I'll do it... I fully detest that dealership and would love to see it lose the Subaru brand. Alas, it'll never happen... So I hope they lose out with receiving only 2-3 BRZs this year... Suckers!
heh, small world. I actually picked my BRZ up from Johnson Subaru in Cary just over 3 weeks after you made your post. No preorder. Apparently they had a white limited coming in that even they didn't know about until I saw it on their website as incoming. I called placed my deposit, and was called a few days later once it arrived. I worked with Godfrey there, he was great.
xjohnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:31 PM   #402
#3onthelist
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Drives: subaru brz
Location: austin tx
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Where you at? Around Austin or in Austin? I live south Austin but work off of Spicewood Springs and Mopac. I have not seen another yet. Quick question since I am guessing that you drive approximately around where I do. What gas mileage are you getting mpg? I am getting a little less than expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaggeron View Post
I know this is a thread for shady dealers, but I wanted to say something positive about my dealer

I too had a good experience with Austin Subaru. Picked mine up Sat the 4th. Salesman hadn't dealt much with preorders so he didn't know you could go back in to the ordering system once the options became known to further specify the order. So I didn't get my homelink mirror. But actually I'm glad he didn't do it. Since the auto-dim and the compass are valueless to me, I would have spent $300 bucks on a garage door opener . So my car was a vanilla 6mt Limited. Got MSRP and 2 yr/24K courtesy service for free. They also had their porter drive my old car down to Carmax while I followed in my BRZ when they wouldn't match the Carmax offer on my trade-in. All in all a fairly pleasant experience -- though waiting around just to go through the warranty sales pitches was kind of a drag, but you gotta expect that.
#3onthelist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:08 PM   #403
Zaggeron
Senior Member
 
Zaggeron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: '13 BRZ Limited '10 370ZR
Location: Austin
Posts: 221
Thanks: 16
Thanked 48 Times in 36 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #3onthelist View Post
Where you at? Around Austin or in Austin? I live south Austin but work off of Spicewood Springs and Mopac. I have not seen another yet. Quick question since I am guessing that you drive approximately around where I do. What gas mileage are you getting mpg? I am getting a little less than expected.
I live in South Austin and work right at that same intersection. I keep seeing what I think is a WRB limited turn left onto spicewood springs from Woodhollow dr. Is that you?

I'm still in break-in so I'm being pretty gentle right now, but I'm getting around 29-30 MPG on my commute -- around 9 highway/7 city miles -- 16 miles one way

Edit: Actually, that can't be you I see since I've been seeing it for a month and you just got your car a week ago.
__________________
2013 GBS Subaru BRZ Limited 6MT
2010 PG 370z Roadster: Sport/Touring 6MT
Zaggeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:08 PM   #404
#3onthelist
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Drives: subaru brz
Location: austin tx
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaggeron View Post
I live in South Austin and work right at that same intersection. I keep seeing what I think is a WRB limited turn left onto spicewood springs from Woodhollow dr. Is that you?

I'm still in break-in so I'm being pretty gentle right now, but I'm getting around 29-30 MPG on my commute -- around 9 highway/7 city miles -- 16 miles one way

Edit: Actually, that can't be you I see since I've been seeing it for a month and you just got your car a week ago.
I work Spicewood Springs right before Mesa. Usually coming off of mopac. Mine is the Dark Metallic Gray Limited in the area. I guess I am not babying it as much. I have been keeping it at low rpms but had to take a run down 2222. 65 down the whole way no brakes, no fish tailing, and minimal sensation of any body roll. I felt like I could of done it at 80 if there were not any other cars on the road. I guess my avg. mpgs are a little lower since I have a few days on the more curvy roads. They appear that they are steadily going back up. I have yet to see another BRZ but there is a red fr-s that I have seen a few times off of slaughter.
#3onthelist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:24 PM   #405
Zaggeron
Senior Member
 
Zaggeron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: '13 BRZ Limited '10 370ZR
Location: Austin
Posts: 221
Thanks: 16
Thanked 48 Times in 36 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
heheh. 2222 to 360 south is my alt way home if Mopac looks jammed -- sometimes even when it isn't
__________________
2013 GBS Subaru BRZ Limited 6MT
2010 PG 370z Roadster: Sport/Touring 6MT
Zaggeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:04 PM   #406
Chauntalei
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Drives: Non-BRZ
Location: Belmont, CA
Posts: 474
Thanks: 34
Thanked 113 Times in 91 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by worfworf View Post
Burlingame Subaru has

1 silver limited with diffuser and other options for 29k plus $10,000 Markup!!!
1 blue one in auto also with a bunch of options and 10k markup for a total of 39k!

Why would someone spend 40k on this car?

Also saw 2 Wrb getting delivered.

Have fun
That sounds like Serramonte Subaru, they were asking 6k markup, non-negotiable before the car had even been delivered. Absolutely ridiculous.
Chauntalei is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Would you buy a car from a dealer that stuck a dealer (ad) plaque or sticker on cars? HitTheGas Off-Topic Lounge 50 04-29-2013 03:37 PM
Bay Area Subaru Dealer Experiences? MADANT15 Southern California 10 04-01-2012 05:15 AM
Surprise from the dealer in the mail! Pat1usmc Subaru BRZ General Forum 102 03-11-2012 02:35 PM
Please email Subaru to stop price markups Pat1usmc Subaru BRZ General Forum 17 03-01-2012 09:55 PM
SoCal, BRZ GB alternative dealer Subaru Irvine. wu_dot_com Southern California 4 02-20-2012 06:44 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.