follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Xero Limit
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge

Off-Topic Lounge For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List
go_a_way1, MisterSheep

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-07-2016, 11:08 PM   #155
Springs1
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Drives: Blue
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[quote=Tcoat;2501849]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springs1 View Post
Many of your "facts" are simply opinions of other people that you agree with so call them "fact". Your "proof" are small snippets of one guy with no context to support his statements nor your quotes.
NO, they are *FACTS* and you know it. It's a *FACT* that servers can and HAVE brought out my condiments BEFORE WELL BEFORE the food arrived at my table. It is a *FACT* that the server can notice something without touching the food that is wrong with the food or something missing on the plate such as a sauce or wrong side dish or missing side dish.

Quote:
If your sole purpose of joining this forum was to write abusive essays the please just go awaygo away.
NO, my sole purpose was to STOP the LIARS of the world of servers and people like you that don't have COMMON SENSE when it comes to things like this.

If you are at your own house, your significant other cooks for you and your friend. You ask your friend what does he want. He says he wants his dressing on the side for his salad. You are the person serving the food, because your significant other is cooking. You bring out the salad without the dressing on the side. HOW can you NOT FAULT YOURSELF that ******YOU FORGOT IT FROM THE KITCHEN******, HUH???

This isn't *ANY* DIFFERENT than a server and customer relationship. You leave one room with a pen, go into another without it but meant to bring it, ****YOU FORGOT THE PEN******, NOT someone else even if your friend hands you a pencil. NOW you see why what I am saying are *******FACTS********, HUH??

Also, why would a waiter say I was right? Because he knew that when he didn't check the food he had to go all the way back and that was a pain to have to do(a lot more walking for nothing and time wasted). It was much less work to notice the issue BEFORE he went to the customer's table and most likely made more money by not messing up nearly as much.

It's proof that a person that did the job actually is saying I am right and HE did the job, so WHY would you say he's wrong, huh? He did the job, I have only done counter help work in a donut shop as far as food service jobs go back in 1998-2002 off and on a little over 2yrs worth. I wasn't an actual server before, but HE was. He is saying it SAVES time and gives BETTER SERVICE to the customer by simply taking 30 seconds per plate or less to notice something is wrong. It takes literally 5-10 SECONDS to notice a side of ranch isn't with an appetizer, LITERALLY. To have to go all the way back to the kitchen from the customer's table and then all the way back to the customer's table again is A LOT LONGER than that.
Springs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 11:14 PM   #156
Springs1
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Drives: Blue
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 904FRSlow View Post
I work at the top rated restaurant in my area and the chefs are the ones who handle the sauces since some are made from scratch.
So when you bring out my food, ARE YOU BLIND OR ILLITERATE that you can't compare YOUR WRITTEN ORDER to the food to notice that the sauce is not there? That is what you are saying. It's not the chef's fault **********YOU******************** left the kitchen without something. Just like if you were at your own house, you wanted to leave your bedroom with a pen, but forgot it when you went to dining room, *YOU* forgot that item, NOT ANYONE ELSE, BUT *************YOU**************************! I don't care if someone else hands you a scissors, you were there to get a pen, but left without it, understand my point here?

It's no different than *YOU* forgetting a sauce that you are supposed to bring from the kitchen to the customer's table. It's THE SAME THING. It's a missing item you can *SEE* WITHOUT TOUCHING THE FOOD*!

If another server brings me the food, as I said before, I know people would want their order right and you know it. You'd rather have a bad tip to have an order wrong just because in your opinion it's unprofessional? That's just crazy. NO ONE wants their order wrong. I don't care WHO you are.
Springs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 11:16 PM   #157
Tcoat
He who smelt it...
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 14 FRS Hot Lava
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 55,827
Thanks: 49,595
Thanked 77,779 Times in 35,206 Posts
Mentioned: 2035 Post(s)
Tagged: 49 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
Some of you need to chill. I still have my ban hammer out from this morning, so if anyone want to chill out from the forum for few days LMK
[quote=Springs1;2502079]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post

NO, they are *FACTS* and you know it. It's a *FACT* that servers can and HAVE brought out my condiments BEFORE WELL BEFORE the food arrived at my table. It is a *FACT* that the server can notice something without touching the food that is wrong with the food or something missing on the plate such as a sauce or wrong side dish or missing side dish.

Did you read the above? Do you understand the significance of the red font in the user name?

NO, my sole purpose was to STOP the LIARS of the world of servers and people like you that don't have COMMON SENSE when it comes to things like this.

If you are at your own house, your significant other cooks for you and your friend. You ask your friend what does he want. He says he wants his dressing on the side for his salad. You are the person serving the food, because your significant other is cooking. You bring out the salad without the dressing on the side. HOW can you NOT FAULT YOURSELF that ******YOU FORGOT IT FROM THE KITCHEN******, HUH???

This isn't *ANY* DIFFERENT than a server and customer relationship. You leave one room with a pen, go into another without it but meant to bring it, ****YOU FORGOT THE PEN******, NOT someone else even if your friend hands you a pencil. NOW you see why what I am saying are *******FACTS********, HUH??

Also, why would a waiter say I was right? Because he knew that when he didn't check the food he had to go all the way back and that was a pain to have to do(a lot more walking for nothing and time wasted). It was much less work to notice the issue BEFORE he went to the customer's table and most likely made more money by not messing up nearly as much.

It's proof that a person that did the job actually is saying I am right and HE did the job, so WHY would you say he's wrong, huh? He did the job, I have only done counter help work in a donut shop as far as food service jobs go back in 1998-2002 off and on a little over 2yrs worth. I wasn't an actual server before, but HE was. He is saying it SAVES time and gives BETTER SERVICE to the customer by simply taking 30 seconds per plate or less to notice something is wrong. It takes literally 5-10 SECONDS to notice a side of ranch isn't with an appetizer, LITERALLY. To have to go all the way back to the kitchen from the customer's table and then all the way back to the customer's table again is A LOT LONGER than that.
Did you read the above? Do you understand the significance of the red font in the user name?


It is apparent that you can not have a calm nor rational debate so I will bow out now.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tcoat For This Useful Post:
904FRSlow (01-07-2016), Cmorris8848 (01-07-2016)
Old 01-07-2016, 11:23 PM   #158
Springs1
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Drives: Blue
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 904FRSlow View Post
My point is that sometimes the cooks make mistakes and servers tips are penalized so you shouldn't always assume its the servers fault.
Sometimes they are, but a lot of times it's OBVIOUS ERRORS like missing condiments, wrong or missing side dishes, obvious errors like bbq sauce on ribs that the customer ordered NO bbq sauce on their ribs, etc. You'd still serve me a plate that had let's say you could clearly see fries or onion rings that had black as tar look like they were burnt? I think you would the way your attitude is about "it's not my fault" attitude. If the lettuce was brown or red(meaning it's going bad) that you could see without touching the food on a salad that had dressing on the side(not dressing on the salad itself), you'd still serve it to the customer? I bet you'd serve me a roach on my food if you saw it, because you feel like you will just take the plate and don't care. That's what you are acting like.

You have to go in mind that "WOULD I EAT IT IF I WERE THE CUSTOMER."

So if I order cheese fries that come with ranch according to the menu, you bring me the fries without the ranch, well you should have either known the menu better or compared the menu to the plate of food to make sure you have COMPONENT A, B, C, ETC. **********BEFORE*********** YOU LEAVE THE KITCHEN. That's your job to ************************SERVE IT CORRECTLY AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN CONTROL*******!

Servers can always control condiments not being with the food. Even more so, if my own server brings me my food. You aren't blind, please don't act like you are and that you can't read. If I ask for honey mustard with chicken tenders, you should make sure my plate has the honey mustard because I am *****PAYING YOU A TIP TO NOT MAKE ME SIT AND WAIT*********. I am not paying you to not care if my order doesn't look correct. The idea of a tip at the end is an incentive to get it right the FIRST time around. At least *TRY* is all I am getting at and your attitude is NOT trying at all.
Springs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 11:23 PM   #159
904FRSlow
Senior Member
 
904FRSlow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Drives: '13 FR-S Whiteout
Location: Saint Augustine
Posts: 304
Thanks: 39
Thanked 87 Times in 59 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springs1 View Post
So when you bring out my food, ARE YOU BLIND OR ILLITERATE that you can't compare YOUR WRITTEN ORDER to the food to notice that the sauce is not there? That is what you are saying. It's not the chef's fault **********YOU******************** left the kitchen without something. Just like if you were at your own house, you wanted to leave your bedroom with a pen, but forgot it when you went to dining room, *YOU* forgot that item, NOT ANYONE ELSE, BUT *************YOU**************************! I don't care if someone else hands you a scissors, you were there to get a pen, but left without it, understand my point here?

It's no different than *YOU* forgetting a sauce that you are supposed to bring from the kitchen to the customer's table. It's THE SAME THING. It's a missing item you can *SEE* WITHOUT TOUCHING THE FOOD*!

If another server brings me the food, as I said before, I know people would want their order right and you know it. You'd rather have a bad tip to have an order wrong just because in your opinion it's unprofessional? That's just crazy. NO ONE wants their order wrong. I don't care WHO you are.
When did I ever say that the sauce was not there? Obviously if its not on the plate, I would say something. Try rereading my previous post. I'm talking about a chef messing up and putting sauce on the food when it was asked to be put on the side. Also, I don't want an order wrong but the chefs are not going to cook another $35 plate that will take around 20 minutes unless the customer has to have the sauce on the side. To help you get this scenario through your thick skull, I'll give you an example. I was working breakfast and asked for the whip cream for the french toast to be on the side. My boss who is cooking in the kitchen forgets but doesn't want to completely cook another order and make the customer wait another 10 minutes decides to tell him to send it how it is and if they say anything, then I will take it back and tell him to make another. Now back to my point... my boss told me to send it that way and my tip might have been penalized.
904FRSlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 11:24 PM   #160
Springs1
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Drives: Blue
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[quote=Tcoat;2502086]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springs1 View Post

Did you read the above? Do you understand the significance of the red font in the user name?


It is apparent that you can not have a calm nor rational debate so I will bow out now.
Again, you will not understand how I am saying facts and how wrong you are. I haven't said any opinions. My server is at fault for missing condiments no matter WHO serves the food.
Springs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 11:29 PM   #161
Springs1
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Drives: Blue
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 904FRSlow View Post
When did I ever say that the sauce was not there? Obviously if its not on the plate, I would say something. Try rereading my previous post. I'm talking about a chef messing up and putting sauce on the food when it was asked to be put on the side.
But if it's on the food, you should still NOTICE even a MORE BIGGER DUH. If I order ribs without any bbq sauce. The food is ready, you bring me a plate with my ribs that have bbq sauce on them, I would think if you were my server that either A. You would be dumb or B. You didn't check your written order with the food. The reason, that's an easy like duh.

You wouldn't serve that I would hope is my point? You would have said something when you picked up the food that it didn't look right instead of trying to serve it to me is my point.

Now, the part of my wait wouldn't be your fault if you put in the order right ******AS LONG AS YOU DIDN'T ACTUALLY BRING IT TO ME WRONG********* IS MY POINT! If you bring me the ribs with slathered bbq sauce when I ordered none on the ribs, then THAT PART of serving it to me OBVIOUSLY WRONG only for me to send you right back to the kitchen WOULD be wasting my time. Understand that the part of you bringing it to me wrong and going back to the kitchen would be your fault as far as time and getting the customer pissed off, huh?

The time that it has to be redone isn't your fault if you put in the order right, but serving it to me wrong rather than correcting the kitchen is the issue here.

I really hope you wouldn't be so stupid to bring out the ribs full of bbq sauce in this example that you would have asked the kitchen staff to correct the issue, right?
Springs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 11:30 PM   #162
904FRSlow
Senior Member
 
904FRSlow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Drives: '13 FR-S Whiteout
Location: Saint Augustine
Posts: 304
Thanks: 39
Thanked 87 Times in 59 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springs1 View Post
Sometimes they are, but a lot of times it's OBVIOUS ERRORS like missing condiments, wrong or missing side dishes, obvious errors like bbq sauce on ribs that the customer ordered NO bbq sauce on their ribs, etc. You'd still serve me a plate that had let's say you could clearly see fries or onion rings that had black as tar look like they were burnt? I think you would the way your attitude is about "it's not my fault" attitude. If the lettuce was brown or red(meaning it's going bad) that you could see without touching the food on a salad that had dressing on the side(not dressing on the salad itself), you'd still serve it to the customer? I bet you'd serve me a roach on my food if you saw it, because you feel like you will just take the plate and don't care. That's what you are acting like.

You have to go in mind that "WOULD I EAT IT IF I WERE THE CUSTOMER."

So if I order cheese fries that come with ranch according to the menu, you bring me the fries without the ranch, well you should have either known the menu better or compared the menu to the plate of food to make sure you have COMPONENT A, B, C, ETC. **********BEFORE*********** YOU LEAVE THE KITCHEN. That's your job to ************************SERVE IT CORRECTLY AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN CONTROL*******!

Servers can always control condiments not being with the food. Even more so, if my own server brings me my food. You aren't blind, please don't act like you are and that you can't read. If I ask for honey mustard with chicken tenders, you should make sure my plate has the honey mustard because I am *****PAYING YOU A TIP TO NOT MAKE ME SIT AND WAIT*********. I am not paying you to not care if my order doesn't look correct. The idea of a tip at the end is an incentive to get it right the FIRST time around. At least *TRY* is all I am getting at and your attitude is NOT trying at all.
Nice job putting words in my mouth. If you asked for no sauce then obviously I'd have to tell the kitchen. Thats why I said sometimes.. also too long to read the rest while typing on my phone so I'll just leave it at that
904FRSlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 11:31 PM   #163
904FRSlow
Senior Member
 
904FRSlow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Drives: '13 FR-S Whiteout
Location: Saint Augustine
Posts: 304
Thanks: 39
Thanked 87 Times in 59 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springs1 View Post
But if it's on the food, you should still NOTICE even a MORE BIGGER DUH. If I order ribs without any bbq sauce. The food is ready, you bring me a plate with my ribs that have bbq sauce on them, I would think if you were my server that either A. You would be dumb or B. You didn't check your written order with the food. The reason, that's an easy like duh.

You wouldn't serve that I would hope is my point? You would have said something when you picked up the food that it didn't look right instead of trying to serve it to me is my point.

Now, the part of my wait wouldn't be your fault if you put in the order right ******AS LONG AS YOU DIDN'T ACTUALLY BRING IT TO ME WRONG********* IS MY POINT! If you bring me the ribs with slathered bbq sauce when I ordered none on the ribs, then THAT PART of serving it to me OBVIOUSLY WRONG only for me to send you right back to the kitchen WOULD be wasting my time. Understand that the part of you bringing it to me wrong and going back to the kitchen would be your fault as far as time and getting the customer pissed off, huh?

The time that it has to be redone isn't your fault if you put in the order right, but serving it to me wrong rather than correcting the kitchen is the issue here.

I really hope you wouldn't be so stupid to bring out the ribs full of bbq sauce in this example that you would have asked the kitchen staff to correct the issue, right?
Someones getting really worked up over this lol
904FRSlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 11:34 PM   #164
ichitaka05
Site Moderator
 
ichitaka05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Drives: ichi 86 Project
Location: Middle of No where
Posts: 18,065
Thanks: 5,392
Thanked 13,575 Times in 6,298 Posts
Mentioned: 550 Post(s)
Tagged: 25 Thread(s)
This isn't opinion, it's a FACT that someone need to calm down. See you again in 3 days.

& some of you, don't pour an oil into the fire
__________________
ichitaka05 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ichitaka05 For This Useful Post:
904FRSlow (01-07-2016), Cmorris8848 (01-07-2016), Guff (01-08-2016), KR-S 86 (01-08-2016), Tcoat (01-08-2016)
Old 01-07-2016, 11:37 PM   #165
904FRSlow
Senior Member
 
904FRSlow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Drives: '13 FR-S Whiteout
Location: Saint Augustine
Posts: 304
Thanks: 39
Thanked 87 Times in 59 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I'm dipping out too before he breaks his keyboard and blames me 😆
904FRSlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 12:18 AM   #166
LOLS2K
/scion
 
LOLS2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Drives: '13 86 M/T
Location: PHX-LAX
Posts: 1,488
Thanks: 1,030
Thanked 1,394 Times in 784 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 904FRSlow View Post
Take 10% of the bill and double it = 20%. 44.15 * .1 = 4.41 * 2 = 8.82.
Well, I give a range because sales tax varies depending on where you are.
__________________
"Practice makes better. Only Senna is perfect." - CSG Mike


LOLS2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 12:44 AM   #167
Guff
Now w/ over 400 womprats!
 
Guff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Drives: BRZ LZR
Location: Texas/Illinois
Posts: 4,761
Thanks: 10,388
Thanked 3,331 Times in 1,405 Posts
Mentioned: 290 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Garage
It's amazing how even the most harmless of off topic threads can become a Broadway play about feces.
__________________
"Sweet Subaru, sweet Subaru, send your BRZ unto me, for the roads of the unworthy must be baptized in speed and glory."
- The Ancient BRZ Sacrament
by Zaku
Guff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guff For This Useful Post:
KR-S 86 (01-08-2016), Tcoat (01-08-2016)
Old 01-08-2016, 12:47 AM   #168
KR-S 86
Sporadic Member
 
KR-S 86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Drives: 2016 Halo FR-S M/T
Location: Earth
Posts: 2,663
Thanks: 4,370
Thanked 2,945 Times in 1,464 Posts
Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
My god. Springs gets that worked up on a thread like this? It was a good thing for me to stay out of this one and watch the drama unfold from afar.

Oh, and I nominate this thread for 2016 Thread of the Year.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by klearfade View Post
Is that gel in your hair?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HueyLooie View Post
Nah, homes. It's your dadda's hot goopey goop.
KR-S 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KR-S 86 For This Useful Post:
Bobblehead (01-08-2016), chaoskaze (01-08-2016)
Reply

Tags
don't skimp on the pate, just the tip, oh man, tag b4 lock

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any thoughts? imjuice Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) 16 05-17-2014 01:35 PM
New injectors and pump, idle dip when tipping in the throttle? HRTROB Forced Induction 22 05-12-2014 01:31 PM
Thoughts on this. Style Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) 24 08-03-2012 01:59 AM
Brief thoughts on my new FR-S mickey177 Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 8 06-17-2012 03:37 AM
What are your Second Thoughts? slizoth Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 22 04-05-2012 06:13 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.