follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Old 09-16-2012, 06:54 PM   #1387
Mr.Jay

Drives: FRS :D
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatoni View Post
i wouldnt take that bet. i agree with what you are saying. the problem is that saying that it does nothing in the way of saying that changing tires is fair and changing shocks is unfair.
I really feel like you are auguring for the sake of it. I also like how you criticize others for ignoring your point when all you have been doing is ignoring everyone else's rebuttals and reciting your own point again without address what people have brought up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbowned View Post
The 370Z is not that big. It's not even that heavy. It's lighter than the 350Z and 300ZX Z32 before it, and makes more horsepower.

Oh, and the Genesis Coupe is F***ING RUBBISH as a sports car, I don't care what anyone says! No need for explanation. They'll hopefully make major improvements with the next generation car, but right now it's rubbish. They can't make a good-handling, fun-to-drive car, yet. Not with the Genesis, not with the Veloster, not with the Elantra GT or whatever it's called. Keep trying!
Actually the very base model of the 350z weight less than the base of a 370z. 3,188 lbs vs 3,232 lbs according to wiki. I actually assumed the same as I made the same point but was corrected by a 350z owner haha I do agree with everything else. The GC will be great in like 2 more updates maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo! View Post

1The FR-S is what the last gen Celica should have been TWELVE YEARS AGO.

2I love the FR-S/BRZ. But I want it to be more. I want Toyota to offer more. I want Toyota to build a car that rivals cars 1.5 to 2x the price in all three of the attributes I noted.

They didn't do that so I am bummed. I'd be shopping for one right now if they had, or if they had at least made factory options to take it there.

3And I predict that unless they really turn up the wick on the next gen, you will start to see many other similar competitors (e.g., "baby" Camaro) that will demolish it.
1) Your timing is everything comment is hilarious since this is the best timing ever. Every review is saying how this is a throw back to the great sports cars of the 90's and early 2000's so had Toyota release it back then it wouldn't have been as well received as there were many more driver focused cars back then.

2) You do realize that Toyota set out to make a car with enthusiast and grass root racers aka people who like to work on their cars, change them to suit their own needs and change parts on their cars. They also do have different trims levels but just not here so blame Scion for that. This is also the 1st year of the car to say no special trims as a negative is just nit picking give it some time then you can complain if it never happens.

3) Have you ever driven the new Camaro? Its terrible my friend owns one and I have driven it. For a car that large there really isn't much room on the inside. Its a freaking whale and even if the made a baby Camaro it would still be a pig cause of the type of car it is.

I can't believe this thread is still going on
Old 09-16-2012, 07:12 PM   #1388
jellygorilla

Drives: Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Another thing annoys me is when people say "FOR THAT MONEY YOU COULD HAVE BOUGHT A V6 MUSTANG BRUAH.."
jellygorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:47 PM   #1389
Jordo!
Enjoy it, destroy it.

Drives: Datsun Racing Hen
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Jay View Post
I really feel like you are auguring for the sake of it. I also like how you criticize others for ignoring your point when all you have been doing is ignoring everyone else's rebuttals and reciting your own point again without address what people have brought up.

Actually the very base model of the 350z weight less than the base of a 370z. 3,188 lbs vs 3,232 lbs according to wiki. I actually assumed the same as I made the same point but was corrected by a 350z owner haha I do agree with everything else. The GC will be great in like 2 more updates maybe

1) Your timing is everything comment is hilarious since this is the best timing ever. Every review is saying how this is a throw back to the great sports cars of the 90's and early 2000's so had Toyota release it back then it wouldn't have been as well received as there were many more driver focused cars back then.

2) You do realize that Toyota set out to make a car with enthusiast and grass root racers aka people who like to work on their cars, change them to suit their own needs and change parts on their cars. They also do have different trims levels but just not here so blame Scion for that. This is also the 1st year of the car to say no special trims as a negative is just nit picking give it some time then you can complain if it never happens.

3) Have you ever driven the new Camaro? Its terrible my friend owns one and I have driven it. For a car that large there really isn't much room on the inside. Its a freaking whale and even if the made a baby Camaro it would still be a pig cause of the type of car it is.

I can't believe this thread is still going on
1. I predict the story will become less favorable by 2014... car reviewers are a very fickle lot.

The Z, which many of you seem to dislike for whatever reason, was called "the best sports car on the planet" for under 40 grand when it came out. Suddenly, it's not so awesome in the eyes of reviewers.

2. Nice idea, but the tuner hot hatch era has indeed passed. This car would have been staggering brilliance 10+ years ago. It came out a decade too late to the party.

"Pretty idiot" may be a bit harsh (sorry), but no one liked the designation "sporty coupe" either, so skins could be thicker around here.

3. I mean the concept RWD car Chevy has, which was dubbed a "baby Camaro". The current Camaro is a horrendous POS.

And to whomever feels you can't love something and see its faults for what they are, you have a lot to learn about the real world... just because you like something that doesn't put it above critique.

The 370Z is heavier -- by a bit more than the best of the last versions with the Nismo trimming. But... it also blows it away in power, handling, etc.

Still, too fat. Nissan is right to try and slim it down on the next gen.
Jordo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:36 PM   #1390
SnapOv3st3r

Drives: 400whp Scion tC
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
<----does not dislike the 350 or 370z. Everything is great until something else comes out and dethrones it.
SnapOv3st3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:45 PM   #1391
jstans84
Banned

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
^^^ Exactly.
jstans84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:49 PM   #1392
Turbowned

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Perf Pack 6MT
Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,150 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
The Z, which many of you seem to dislike for whatever reason, was called "the best sports car on the planet" for under 40 grand when it came out. Suddenly, it's not so awesome in the eyes of reviewers.
Called that where and by whom?

Current: 2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S 6MT
Previous: 2 BRZ's, 997 C2S, C5 RS6, C4 S6, B8 S4, GDB STi, S30 240Z, FC3S RX-7 TII, AW11/SW20 MR2, E30 318is/325i, etc.
Turbowned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:09 AM   #1393
Mr.Jay

Drives: FRS :D
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
1. I predict the story will become less favorable by 2014... car reviewers are a very fickle lot.

2. Nice idea, but the tuner hot hatch era has indeed passed. This car would have been staggering brilliance 10+ years ago. It came out a decade too late to the party.

"Pretty idiot" may be a bit harsh (sorry), but no one liked the designation "sporty coupe" either, so skins could be thicker around here.

3. I mean the concept RWD car Chevy has, which was dubbed a "baby Camaro". The current Camaro is a horrendous POS.

And to whomever feels you can't love something and see its faults for what they are, you have a lot to learn about the real world... just because you like something that doesn't put it above critique.

The 370Z is heavier -- by a bit more than the best of the last versions with the Nismo trimming. But... it also blows it away in power, handling, etc.

Still, too fat. Nissan is right to try and slim it down on the next gen.
1) I actually like the Z and still do just wish it lose weight but lets no go crazy and make grand claims here. I remember when I Z can back, it got rave reviews but never did anyone call it the best car under 40 that I can remember (It starts at 40 here up North). It fact a quick search yields a few unfavourable reviews for the 350z. Losing to the RX8 when compared by insideline and losing to the S2k when Fifth Gear gave them a go.

2) I don't find this to be true. I get the sense its more so cars have gone a different direction as well as a movement into more expensive cars mainly luxury cars. I do agree this car would of been a monster 10 years ago however I think its a god sent in this ear of portly cars and muscle rebith. Nissian and Honda both agree too considering they have both commented on watching the FRS and seeing how it does.

3) Ohhh you must mean the Code 130R a 1.4T with 150HP and 148TQ from a GM is not going to destory a collaboration from 2 car companies with both racing heritage and funds especially considering the projected price of 25K starting and the lack of driving focus design.

I don't really understand why we try so hard to feel correct since most of this is POV
Old 09-17-2012, 02:33 AM   #1394
switchlanez
Glorious BRZ Master Race

Drives: Subaru Libird
Thanked 2,718 Times in 1,079 Posts
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Quote:
Not at all.

I loved my 2000 Celica GT-S (marketed, appropriately enough as "looks fast"), and it too was a beautiful, sporty, good handling and braking car.

And one in good repair would rival the much newer FR-S/BRZ in every regard, except which wheels are turning.

That's my complaint.

The FR-S is what the last gen Celica should have been TWELVE YEARS AGO.

The last gen Celica, like the FR-S/BRZ, was a "pretty idiot" of a car. It would have been brilliant had it been built at the same time the last gen Integra was first released instead of during its last model year.

Then the RSX came out, and showed what a pretty fool the Celica was.

Timing is everything, and performance metrics matter.

Would I want a numb turd of a car that cannot handle, brake, or get out of its own way -- no.

But while having 2 out of those 3 features ain't bad for under 20K, it's disappointing at 25+K, especially when for around 5K more, you can own cars that will absolutely destroy it out of the box.

I love the FR-S/BRZ. But I want it to be more. I want Toyota to offer more. I want Toyota to build a car that rivals cars 1.5 to 2x the price in all three of the attributes I noted.

They didn't do that so I am bummed. I'd be shopping for one right now if they had, or if they had at least made factory options to take it there.

And I predict that unless they really turn up the wick on the next gen, you will start to see many other similar competitors (e.g., "baby" Camaro) that will demolish it.

Toyota set the bar too low and the price too high. The car is an amazing success only viewed through a time machine's porthole, with the "way back" dial set to circa 1999. For the 21st century, it's a step in the right direction, but only a single step.
I drove a few 350Zs and a G37 hard on back roads. Felt like a boat through the tight turns in comparison. I eventually got a G35 which had better fit and finish than my precious Celica GT-S of 5 years which it replaced. The G and Z felt like I could only enjoy them if I were on a high speed track with long swooping bends which I hardly had access to. The BRZ is more enjoyable day-to-day.

And the BRZ is NOT just a RWD Celica. In comparison to the Celica, the BRZ has better fit/finish, driver inputs feel WAAAY more positive/neutral steering than the Celica/G/Z, it feels more athletic, more rigid, tidier, is "IIHS top safety pick" safer. It is absolutely NOT a 12 old-like design. It was 4 month Nurburgring bench marked against the current generation Cayman (IMPOSSIBLE to do 12 years ago). It is thoroughly a modern 2013 car that captures classic sports car essence.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:12 AM   #1395
xAgentzero13
Banned

Drives: genesis coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
Probably because he is 12 and he really drives his Huffy...
ahahah your right wolf I'm 12. Thinking your car is a supercar ahahaha another reason why people are going away from this community already cocky idiots
xAgentzero13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:41 AM   #1396
jstans84
Banned

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAgentzero13 View Post
ahahah your right wolf I'm 12. Thinking your car is a supercar ahahaha another reason why people are going away from this community already cocky idiots
The only reason people would be leaving is because of gay little hyundai ***s like you coming in here just to troll. So here is a thought, fuck off.
jstans84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:12 PM   #1397
xAgentzero13
Banned

awww you mad bro?
Old 09-17-2012, 04:38 PM   #1398
wlfpck

Drives: 2015 GTI
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAgentzero13 View Post
awww you mad bro?
^^ Greatly indicates the relative age of user or the mental age of the user.

Again... I'm not taking sides in this arguement but only a handful of people in this thread has posted relavant evidence.

If you (anybody) wants to argue a point, back it up with concrete evidence. Not your own opinions.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:41 PM   #1399
xAgentzero13
Banned

I don't need to hold anyones hand. If they think that a 370z is better than a 2013 genesis 3.8 then fine, its dumb but fine. Genesis more power, more room, better interior, better warranty, better price and overall better value. I will take an FRS and genesis over a 370z. 370z hasn't aged well. I can get an employee deal on one but I just don't like them. FRS and genesis better car for the money.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:00 PM   #1400
Jordo!
Enjoy it, destroy it.

Drives: Datsun Racing Hen
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
"Best sports car on the planet":

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...place-page-5-2

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...370z-road-test

No longer so awesome, "car stagnates":

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...z_first_drive/