follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 12-29-2017, 03:45 PM   #253
Side

Drives: 2018 BRZ tS
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hey everyone, I'm working with Carter Subaru in Ballard on a BRZ. I'm happy to see all of the positive experiences with Carter Subaru in Shoreline, and that I found no mention of Carter Subaru in the blacklist thread. Anyone have additional insight into both Carter Subaru locations? Thank you.
Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 06:34 PM   #254
Tristor

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Howdy,

I just wanted to post a quick endorsement of North Park Subaru in San Antonio, TX. I see they've already been mentioned in the thread several times. I originally worked with them back in 2012 to order a very heavily SPT factory-customized WRX STI, which for reasons I won't get into I was unable to take delivery of. They refunded my deposit without issue and I helped them find a buyer. I promised I'd come back if I ever bought a Subaru, and so I did. I bought my 2017 BRZ there in December just the week before Christmas and they were superb.

I've now had my first service (~3k miles) a few weeks ago and I was really pleased with the service experience as well. Not only did they take good care of my vehicle, but they were willing to go a few steps extra for me at no cost such as collecting oil for me for a used oil analysis and providing me a loaner vehicle even though I only needed basic service completed. All around I'm very happy with my experience working with North Park Subaru.

Cheers
Tristor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 04:34 PM   #255
TurboLag23

Drives: 2018 BRZ w/Performance Package
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Felt the need to comment here... Frank Subaru in San Diego, CA.

I ordered my 2018 BRZ through them in December 2017, and purchased the car this last February. The car was special-ordered about one month before the 2018 configurator even went live on the Subaru website, and mine was one of the first 2018's to hit their lot.

The dealership fully granted my special requests for the car upon arrival, including no holes drilled in the front bumper for a license plate bracket, and retention of the factory protective wrapping. This was the first car I had purchased new, and my salespersons were very helpful, accommodating, and professional with walking me through the buying process.

It should also be noted that my friend purchased his new 2017 WRX here as well, and was also pleased with his experience.

I have yet to return to them for service, but I will update as necessary once I do!
TurboLag23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 10:41 PM   #256
Some Random Guy

Drives: 2018 BRZ 50th edition
[MO] - [Ballwin] - [Dean Team Subaru/Volkswagen] - [sales]

Sales: [Dayo]
Service: [N/A]
Story: I've been considering a BRZ as a third car for a few years, and had a Miata in my town get knocked down to $27k for a GT trim. I test drove it, and it was great fun. Luckily, I was patient and made my way to St. Louis. The Mazda dealership there was sitting on a huge stock of MX-5's and I thought I could get a steal. First, I wanted to test drive the BRZ. I knew I'd pay more if I loved it, but I also got a few extra features that were fairly significant (Apple Carplay and backup camera). They only had a 50th anniversary edition in stock which I wasn't excited about paying extra for. Mine won't be a track car, so the performance package was unnecessary. I didn't make it to the Mazda dealership. Dayo was great on the test drive, letting me take it for an extra loop to get on the highway (which sold me on the car). A bit of back and forth, and we got to a price I thought was more than fair for what I was getting, and barely above what I was originally willing to pay for a BRZ (but I got some extras). If I wasn't moving all the way to New York, I'd come back when we cycle out my wife's car later this year. The team was respectful and patient when I got some terms backwards, making sure we were all on the same page. Reading this forum after the fact, I appreciate the deal we worked out even more.
Some Random Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 03:27 PM   #257
atomicalex

Drives: 2018 BRZ Limited Perf Pack
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
LaFontaine Subaru in Farmington Hills, MI was great to work with.

Sat down and said I wanted to order, they said "come back about 60-70 days before you want the car, give us $500, and we will get it into the system for you". It was completely the opposite of the other dealer I tried to order from.

Ask for Lisa Fender. She was awesome.
atomicalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 03:29 PM   #258
Lukav

Drives: 2017 BRZ
Great experience at Sport Subaru South - Orlando, FL

FL - Orlando - Sport Subaru South

Sales: Doug Rowland, Ben, Eli
Service: N/A
Story: This dealership was recently taken over by a new owner and the salesmen were very transparent and honest about the purchase. I had looked at several BRZs in the space coast/treasure coast and was very happy with how I was treated here. I got a great deal on a left over 2017 limited/perf. No pressure on the sales side, they let me walk away hassle free after the first test drive and encounter. I would definitely go to this dealer again!
Lukav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:17 AM   #259
fxo

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ Limited
NV - Carson City - Michael Hohl Subaru - Sales

Sales Manager - Parker Backstrom (several years of experience at this dealer)

March 10, 2019 - Purchase of New 2018 Subaru BRZ Limited MT

Story: Good A+ experience with both Sales and Finance, no pressure, I had to revise certain things and that was no problem. A+ Experience overall. Totally as advertised in all cases. Only money making efforts by the dealer is to sell you Zurich body and fabric protection, I had this removed from the Invoice. Their documentation fee of $400 is on the high side but I have seen this high from other dealers as well.
fxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 12:22 PM   #260
Prodigalson
NotNewToImports

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ WRB PP
Minnestota - Rochester Subaru -

Sales person - Sarah Nguyen

April 20, 2019 - Purchased a new 2018 Subaru BRZ Limited MT, PP

Story: Car was showroom kept. All of the arrangements were made over the phone. We negotiated a price, figured out shipping, and the car was sent as per my instructions (no dealer prep, etc). There were no surprise fees, all was above board and I got a great price ($26.3K before TTL). Would deal with again!
Prodigalson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 12:23 PM   #261
Prodigalson
NotNewToImports

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ WRB PP
I work probably 2 miles away from them, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicalex View Post
LaFontaine Subaru in Farmington Hills, MI was great to work with.

Sat down and said I wanted to order, they said "come back about 60-70 days before you want the car, give us $500, and we will get it into the system for you". It was completely the opposite of the other dealer I tried to order from.

Ask for Lisa Fender. She was awesome.
Prodigalson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Prodigalson For This Useful Post:
atomicalex (04-16-2019)
Old 04-26-2019, 08:30 PM   #262
8luedragon

Drives: 2014 Pearl white limited BRZ
I bought my brz from st.cloud Subaru in st. Cloud minnesota....I drove it for four or five months and noticed the synchro in 4th,5th, started to just not work at high rpms....I also noticed I had leaky taillights...they replaced both with no fuss and 2 free car washes...plus they switch to my summer tires for free....all had to do was have a service tech verify my issues in a ride along.....I was impressed with the service...and didn't pay a thing.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
8luedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 02:35 PM   #263
TeeJayHoward

Drives: 2019 BRZ Limited
Heuberger Subaru in Colorado Springs, CO. Got my pricing from USAA. Walked in, showed the printout, pointed at the car, and drove off a few hours later. Salesman was great - James Youngblood. Every question I asked was answered quickly and correctly. I even wanted to know weird stuff like how the dealership lifts up the BRZ on their 2-post lifts since there's just a pinch weld and no lift points (different adapters for the lift - Bought some for my home lift after this discussion). This is my second Subaru from them, and it's been a great experience both times. They tried to sell me the usual GAP/Windshield/Tire protection/Extended Warranty/etc, but a quick "No" was enough, and there was little to no pressure. If it weren't so busy (thanks to it being about 5PM, I'm sure) I feel like I could have been in-and-out in under an hour.

Plus, free drinks and a nice environment. Always a plus.
TeeJayHoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 09:34 PM   #264
ElijahF
Not funny

Drives: 2019 Subaru BRZ Premium
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax View Post
TX - Houston - Subaru of Clear Lake - Sales

Sales: Luis Pena

Story: Very accommodating, not too pushy. Luis even crammed himself into the backseat of the BRZ when I brought my husband back for the test drive, and then again when I had to drive the specific car I was purchasing (It was in the showroom, so they didn't drive it out of there until we signed the deal.. but I had to drive THAT car before closing the deal).

Paid sticker price so I could get 0% financing, but they met me where I wanted to be in haggling on my old car's trade value... so in the end, it was a wash. They were willing to come $1500 off sticker, but then I would not have been eligible for the 0%... so I asked for $1500 more on my trade. They gave me $1300.

Finance department was super simple, explained the warranties to us but did not go crazy-pressure. We purchased the 6 year coverage which came with lifetime oil changes, well worth it since I am not a change-your-own-oil girl and the dealership is very near my home.

Overall VERY satisfied with the level of customer service on the sales floor.
Lol, got my car from same place.
To me, the FT-86 is a 85% complete package. The driver is supposed to fit the last few items in accordance with his personal preference. As stock, it shows potential, but distinctly deficient and cries out for the 'finishing touch'.
ElijahF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 03:48 PM   #265
Jdmuscle

Drives: Supra, Viper, Z06, GT350 and GX460
Denver: Auto Nation Subaru of Arapahoe

Salesman was amazing, finance manager was amazing. Kept their promise and delivered on everything I asked and I’m super happy with my purchase.
Tristor (06-29-2019)
Old 07-14-2019, 04:11 PM   #266
aoVI

Drives: 2019 CWP MT BRZ Ltd
yeah

Last edited by aoVI; 04-25-2022 at 10:02 PM.
aoVI is offline   Reply With Quote