follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 12-11-2016, 09:05 AM   #1
FlipperBizkut

Drives: 2017 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
2017 BRZ - Transferring single phone contact

I just got my 2017 BRZ, and I am trying to transfer my phone contacts to the audio system. I have paired my phone, and I can control it through the head unit just fine except for transferring a single contact.

I am following the user guide / on-screen instructions, but still no joy. It will allow me to transfer all my contacts in one fell swoop, but I am only wanting a couple to be stored. When I try to send a single contact, it just times out, and my phone says that the transfer fails.

I have an android based ZTE ZMax Pro phone (which has the proper protocols for contact sharing). Any ideas on what I can try to get a single contact in there?
FlipperBizkut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 12:41 PM   #2
DandoX
Senior gif poster

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipperBizkut View Post
I just got my 2017 BRZ, and I am trying to transfer my phone contacts to the audio system. I have paired my phone, and I can control it through the head unit just fine except for transferring a single contact.

I am following the user guide / on-screen instructions, but still no joy. It will allow me to transfer all my contacts in one fell swoop, but I am only wanting a couple to be stored. When I try to send a single contact, it just times out, and my phone says that the transfer fails.

I have an android based ZTE ZMax Pro phone (which has the proper protocols for contact sharing). Any ideas on what I can try to get a single contact in there?

Hey first off congrats on the new BRZ. Sorry I don't have any direct advice since I have a 13 FRS with the base head unit. I had the same issue and it seriously took months before I figured out how to get everything sync'd. Just don't give up eventually you'll get a contact on their. I ended up having to sync all contacts in order to get speed dial to work. Try googling your head unit and android to see if that helps. Honestly I think your stuck having to sync all contacts. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
DandoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 03:17 PM   #3
ryoma

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited CWP
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
this might seem like a tiring way to do it, but have you tried syncing all your contacts then removing them on the HU until you only have the ones you want?
Old 12-11-2016, 03:39 PM   #4
Peaty
Scooby***s Guy

Drives: 2019 Impreza Sport - MT
Garage
This is what worked for me with my Galaxy S7 in my 2016

To send single address over with the S7. Select contacts, import contacts, then single contact (not exact wording but something like that) on the head unit getting it ready to accept a number, next open the contact you want to send on your phone, at the top right pick share card, select BT for share, select the head unit then send. That will send it over. After it's in go to the next one and so on.

At first I sent my whole address book over but for some reason that made the voice command stop working. I think it overwhelmed the system, I have a lot of contacts I suppose.

2019 Impreza 5 Dr - MT, 2013 OBW - Premium, 2001 Forester S, 1999 Miata MT
Peaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 05:59 PM   #5
FlipperBizkut

Drives: 2017 BRZ Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandoX View Post
Hey first off congrats on the new BRZ
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoma View Post
have you tried syncing all your contacts then removing them on the HU until you only have the ones you want?
I had that same idea, but I don't think that you can delete just one contact. Seems very strange, but I think that is how it is supposed to be. If I'm wrong, that would make me quite happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaty View Post
To send single address over with the S7. Select contacts, import contacts, then single contact (not exact wording but something like that) on the head unit getting it ready to accept a number, next open the contact you want to send on your phone, at the top right pick share card, select BT for share, select the head unit then send. That will send it over. After it's in go to the next one and so on.
That's the same procedure that I attempted. Every time I try to send the contact from my phone, it fails. Like I said though, it will send them all, so I know it is properly communicating. I just can't get it to communicate with just one.
FlipperBizkut is offline   Reply With Quote