follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 01-27-2015, 06:43 PM   #1
dssence

Drives: Toyota FT/MT 86
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Stock FRS stereo on Toyota 86 - Wiring problem position lights turn on/off the stereo

Hi guys well basically I wanted to switch my stock stereo on my toyota 86 FT for the Scion FRS stock stereo. Problem is when I turn on the dashlights the stereo turns on and off. A friend of mine told me the wiring should be different and that I'm using the position lights circuitry to power on the stereo which is plain wrong.
any of you have the wiring schematic for the stock audio set on the FRS I mean the plugs with the colors, voltages and so on.
thanks.
dssence is offline   Reply With Quote