follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 03-03-2016, 06:31 PM   #29
Drakiv
Project Shadow

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Installed my Seibon CF hood today, going to do the hood pins in a bit.

Instagram: Drakiv
Drakiv is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Drakiv For This Useful Post:
MisterSheep (04-13-2016)
Old 03-14-2016, 12:06 AM   #30
Drakiv
Project Shadow

Garage
I installed my Aerocatch hood pins finally, they came out pretty good. I will take some more pictures once I wash the car and get it all cleaned up this weekend because it has been raining so I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Let me know what you guys think. I also used the JDM password sandwich plates for extra security since they are aluminum. It was much easier securing the Aeocatch itself since I didn't have use the nuts due to the plate having threaded holes for the screws.

austinbrz (03-14-2016)
Old 04-07-2016, 09:21 PM   #31
Drakiv
Project Shadow

Garage
Just got my rims in, going to try and install them on Saturday. Waiting on my lug nuts and center caps to arrive, until then here is a teaser shot.

MisterSheep (04-13-2016)
Old 04-12-2016, 09:35 PM   #32
Drakiv
Project Shadow

Garage
Had to push the wheels back a few days, will have them on Thursday. Also got my name on the list at Jacks Transmissions for the gear set install in June. Car will start to come together after that. Full suspension will be around June/July including corner balancing. Stay tuned, should start ramping up in the next couple months then slow back down towards the end of the year until next year around April when I send the car over to FBM to have them do everything at once.

Old 04-12-2016, 10:04 PM   #33
Sigh-on-Rice
Waited 5 years for this

Drives: '18 MX-5 Club
Garage
Just FYI. 真夜中 is read "Ma Yo Na Ka". It's not "Makoto Yonaka".

夜中(yonaka) itself is between 11:00 PM and 2:59 AM, according to an educational website.
真夜中 is the mid point of night. So, there is no set time for it. If the night starts at 8 PM and ends at 6 AM, then 真夜中 for that day at that location is 1 AM. If the night starts at 6 PM and ends at 7 AM, then 真夜中 for that day at that location is 12:30 AM. That's the actual meaning of 真夜中, but no one use it that way. People just use it to simply mean the middle of the night. It's definitely not 0 AM, like how American understand "midnight" as. To me, 真夜中 is more like 1:00 AM to 2:00 am. But 真夜中 could mean different from people to people. Like if I Google search "what time is 真夜中" in Japanese, then everyone answers differently.
Sigh-on-Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 11:06 PM   #34
Drakiv
Project Shadow

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigh-on-Rice View Post

夜中(yonaka) itself is between 11:00 PM and 2:59 AM, according to an educational website.
真夜中 is the mid point of night. So, there is no set time for it. If the night starts at 8 PM and ends at 6 AM, then 真夜中 for that day at that location is 1 AM. If the night starts at 6 PM and ends at 7 AM, then 真夜中 for that day at that location is 12:30 AM. That's the actual meaning of 真夜中, but no one use it that way. People just use it to simply mean the middle of the night. It's definitely not 0 AM, like how American understand "midnight" as. To me, 真夜中 is more like 1:00 AM to 2:00 am. But 真夜中 could mean different from people to people. Like if I Google search "what time is 真夜中" in Japanese, then everyone answers differently.

I was just going by a translator (not google) and that's what it gave me. I was told the translation from Google was actually incorrect including the English spelling which is what you just gave me, the incorrect version.

MisterSheep (04-13-2016)
Old 04-14-2016, 04:48 AM   #35
Drakiv
Project Shadow

Garage
Got the tires mounted, balanced, and finally on the car. Car is pretty dirty and I wasn't able to wash the car tonight, so I will tomorrow and take more pics. The rims look really good, gotta get new lug nuts though. Had Kic R40's and they do not fit, going to try to Volk's since I was told those ones fit and I can get a set in bronze color. Again, these are 18x8.5 +35 wrapped in 245/35/18 up front and 18x9.5 +40 wrapped in 265/35/18 in back on stock suspension with no rubbing even at full lock.

MisterSheep (04-14-2016)
Old 04-14-2016, 05:50 PM   #36
Drakiv
Project Shadow

Garage
Here is a nicer shot of the hood now that it's clean, along with some better shots of the wheels on the car.

Old 04-14-2016, 08:29 PM   #37
Pointmutation

Drives: 2016 ZC6
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
^^ This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakiv View Post
I was just going by a translator (not google) and that's what it gave me. I was told the translation from Google was actually incorrect including the English spelling which is what you just gave me, the incorrect version.
The kanji 真 could be individually read as "Makoto," but in 真夜中 it is read as "ma yo naka." More or less gets the point across as midnight, but your Makoto Yonaka reading of it is wrong. Individual kanji characters can have different sounds/readings in Japanese, especially when combined with other kanji (this isn't Chinese where one character = one reading).

For example, 夜中 you read as yonaka and not yoru-naka or yoru-chu. 夜 is yoru but in this usage it's just read as yo. And 中 is naka, but also 中 can be read as chu (but not in this usage). Like 中トロ chu-toro.

Go ask a Japanese teacher how to pronounce 真夜中 if you don't agree. Not bashing you or anything, just trying to help correct your Japanese reading. Cool I guess if you like reading it weird like that but the people who can read it will just think you're just another dude with a wrong reading done online. I assume the Makoto yonaka reading was online translated. If it was an actual Japanese person reading that, did you show them the whole 真夜中 or just the 真 character?
Pointmutation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 08:40 PM   #38
Sigh-on-Rice
Waited 5 years for this

Drives: '18 MX-5 Club
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointmutation View Post
^^ This.

The kanji 真 could be individually read as "Makoto," but in 真夜中 it is read as "ma yo naka." More or less gets the point across as midnight, but your Makoto Yonaka reading of it is wrong. Individual kanji characters can have different sounds/readings in Japanese, especially when combined with other kanji (this isn't Chinese where one character = one reading).

For example, 夜中 you read as yonaka and not yoru-naka or yoru-chu. 夜 is yoru but in this usage it's just read as yo. And 中 is naka, but also 中 can be read as chu (but not in this usage). Like 中トロ chu-toro.

Go ask a Japanese teacher how to pronounce 真夜中 if you don't agree. Not bashing you or anything, just trying to help correct your Japanese reading. Cool I guess if you like reading it weird like that but the people who can read it will just think you're just another dude with a wrong reading done online. I assume the Makoto yonaka reading was online translated. If it was an actual Japanese person reading that, did you show them the whole 真夜中 or just the 真 character?
He said Google is incorrect.
He said I'm incorrect.
Now, he's going to say you're incorrect. :p

Last edited by Sigh-on-Rice; 04-14-2016 at 10:09 PM.
Sigh-on-Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 08:03 PM   #39
Drakiv
Project Shadow

Garage
Quote:
He said Google is incorrect.
He said I'm incorrect.
Now, he's going to say you're incorrect. :p

I fixed it because I'm tired of getting so many different answers for something I obviously do not have any knowledge in. I feel like my entire build thread was on this lol. I'm obviously wrong, so until I actually learn Japanese it's probably better not trying it lol. My bad everyone, my bad.

Last edited by Drakiv; 04-24-2016 at 08:24 PM.
Old 04-24-2016, 09:51 PM   #40
Drakiv
Project Shadow

Garage
Had the car detailed finally as a Birthday present and it looks pretty good!

Old 05-02-2016, 01:35 AM   #41
Drakiv
Project Shadow

Garage
A couple days ago I installed my new Raceseng Ashiko Charcoal grey translucent shift knob and switched over to E-85 on an updated OFT stage 2 UEL e85 map. Everything is right in the world.

Old 05-23-2016, 01:10 AM   #42
Drakiv
Project Shadow

Garage
Just put in a decent sized order. Ordered a set of SPL PRO End Links for the rear, Hotchkis End Links for the front, FT-86 SpeedFactory Adjustable Toe Arms (Rear) by Velox with the ride height correction kit, SPL Bumpsteer Adjustable Front Tie Rod Ends, SPL Trailing Arms, and finally a ST Suspensions Sway Bar Kit (Front / Rear). I am going to pick up a set of Feal 441 coilovers at the end of next month and have it all installed around July. I will post some pictures once I get the parts in and of course before and after pics of the install. Then Hopefully sometime in July, depending on when my gear set arrives, I will have my transmission worked on and get that taken care of. Then the next thing after that will be the motor, turbo, diff kit.