follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 01-19-2014, 11:56 AM   #127
s2d4

Drives: R32 GTR, AW11 MR2 SC, GTS86 R
Thanked 1,223 Times in 708 Posts
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsguy83 View Post
And on an AFR gauge that is not calibrated to differentiate from pumpgas or E85 it will show the same 14.7
Pretty sure I saw you running through the maths somewhere before.
I actually learned this about e85 from that very thread.
Cheers man.
s2d4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to s2d4 For This Useful Post:
Sportsguy83 (01-19-2014)
Old 01-19-2014, 01:28 PM   #128
FA20Club.com
Banned

Drives: 2013 White Out FR-S
Thanked 1,162 Times in 501 Posts
Mentioned: 323 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by woode View Post
For those wondering, I spent the day installing the turbo! It took all day because I had to repeatedly run to the hardware stores tracking down fittings and adapters since the few things Toni DID send were wrong. Also, the piping had some wrong angles and lengths.. its almost all fixed now but FUCK FA20Club garbage. I think I could have fabbed up my own kit by now.

I'll post up some pictures tomorrow. I JUST got it to a running point.. still need to put the crash beam on, bumper, etc.

That and I forgot the damn wastegate metal seal so it is stuck open at idle a little bit.. gotta take that off and re install.

Also, anyone know what the AFR is at idle normally? It is sitting at ~19. This seems high but I'm not sure if I am getting a bad reading, the wastegate being open is affecting it (dump pipe), or if it can't even compensate for the turbo at idle (i can't imagine that being it)? When I give it a little rev it drops to 13-15ish, which seems more reasonable. I really would like to be able to drive it (carefully staying out of boost) to the tuner but if it is running too lean even out of boost i'll just rent a truck/trailer.

Your car is idling 17-18s because you forgot to install the valve seat. That crates a major exhaust leak. Once you install the valve seat you car should idle in the 14s normally.
FA20Club.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 01:38 PM   #129
FA20Club.com
Banned

Update: Woode was offered a full refund but he decided to continue on the project on his on. I have continued to post replies to the selective bits he has put into his paypal dispute and have been attempting to work it through. Things can always be fixed or replaced as we have done in most cases at the customers request. though not flawless we have always replaced or refunded individuals for parts they werent happy with. Including shipping items back from out of the country on our own dime.

Although he seems capable of fixing things on his own it would have been. He opted to post his issues on the forum rather than contact us. we learned of his issues via the forum and no form of direct contact. He states ive ignored his contacts when in fact i have gone over my inbox repeatedly and have not gotten any emails from him since the 8th of this month which we replied to and most recently on this past Wedesday when he asked a question regarding the base map which i replied and sent him our standard tune google doc to fill out so i can create the file for him which he didnt fill out. Considering the how he has acted toward me recently I was surprised he would even contact me for the base file and was still willing to work out the kinks and get him sorted out none the less. So unless you were sending messages to a ghost inbox I have not avoided your emails or failed to speak to you. I also have no PM's from you either. What contact you have initiated you were replied to. And this is the main reason why I opted to use the PayPal dispute console to communicate with you instead so that all correspondence would be via a mutual party.
Old 01-19-2014, 02:03 PM   #130
shaunsweeney

Drives: 2014 FR-S MT Asphalt Grey
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
This still doesn't explain how you let SHIT like that leave your shop. If you expect to last, not sure you do considering your history, you better tighten up that QC. Everyone here should be very leery of you at this point. I've been on many forums and seen many vendors like this.
shaunsweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shaunsweeney For This Useful Post:
mike_ekim1024 (01-20-2014)
Old 01-19-2014, 02:09 PM   #131
FA20Club.com
Banned

We are working on QC. I Admit that I am not always able to go over each item prior to shipment and leaving that to a stand-in has some serious follow through at this point. There is no reason I would not have replaced the unit if I was notified. Even if i Next Day Air'd it would have still been there in time for the weekend installation on thursday, but I wasnt offered the opportunity to replace the item prior to woode modifications or even sent anynotification.
Old 01-19-2014, 02:10 PM   #132
s2d4

Drives: R32 GTR, AW11 MR2 SC, GTS86 R
Thanked 1,223 Times in 708 Posts
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
I don't believe a single thing you say.
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55263
s2d4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 02:19 PM   #133
shaunsweeney

Drives: 2014 FR-S MT Asphalt Grey
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
How about you answer for some of the stuff you've pulled in the past on several forums. If anyone here trusts you at this point, they will get what they deserve. I don't care if you pay to be on this site. Your integrity is seriously questionable.
shaunsweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:07 PM   #134
stevo_12v

Drives: Mazda MX-6 Turbo, Toyota GTS86 37J
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaiseric View Post
Me likey TNG..
This thread and some others remind me of this
[ame]http://youtu.be/-WmGvYDLsj4[/ame]
The Following User Says Thank You to stevo_12v For This Useful Post:
clayrush (01-19-2014)
Old 01-19-2014, 04:27 PM   #135
clayrush

Drives: FRS,09 370z, 00 CelicaGT-S, 85 300Z
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo_12v View Post
Me likey TNG..
This thread and some others remind me of this
(High five fellow TNG fan)
clayrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:35 PM   #136
woode
Boosted Member

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via MSN to woode
[QUOTE=FA20Club.com;1462887]Update: Woode was offered a full refund but he decided to continue on the project on his on. The paypal refund was requested by me and just approved yesterday.. too late I said fuck it. Before that you were unresponsive on a refund that I asked for several times.I have continued to post replies to the selective bits he has put into his paypal dispute and have been attempting to work it through. You haven't posted a single thing?Things can always be fixed or replaced as we have done in most cases at the customers request. Time is money. Sure you might replace it, but after how long of having a down car? weeks and months is not acceptable and it takes weeks just to get a response out of you let alone a part wheres my new air filter? oh, its in my car because I bought a new one at autozone for $44 this morning.. no thanks to you.though not flawless we have always replaced or refunded individuals for parts they werent happy with. Including shipping items back from out of the country on our own dime.
2010 Subaru Impreza WRX PRM SSM
woode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:10 PM   #137
phloozy

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
[quote=woode;1463523]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FA20Club.com View Post
Update: Woode was offered a full refund but he decided to continue on the project on his on. The paypal refund was requested by me and just approved yesterday.. too late I said fuck it. Before that you were unresponsive on a refund that I asked for several times.I have continued to post replies to the selective bits he has put into his paypal dispute and have been attempting to work it through. You haven't posted a single thing?Things can always be fixed or replaced as we have done in most cases at the customers request. Time is money. Sure you might replace it, but after how long of having a down car? weeks and months is not acceptable and it takes weeks just to get a response out of you let alone a part wheres my new air filter? oh, its in my car because I bought a new one at autozone for $44 this morning.. no thanks to you.though not flawless we have always replaced or refunded individuals for parts they werent happy with. Including shipping items back from out of the country on our own dime.
@woode do you have any proof of these messages or attempts at a refund? I believe you but it would be nice to see if Toni is lieing or not. I know sometimes when things get heated and customers get upset they exaggerate though. Just a request, its none of my business though so i understand if you dont want to.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:16 PM   #138
woode
Boosted Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by phloozy View Post
@woode do you have any proof of these messages or attempts at a refund? I believe you but it would be nice to see if Toni is lieing or not. I know sometimes when things get heated and customers get upset they exaggerate though. Just a request, its none of my business though so i understand if you dont want to.
I have the ones he responded to, and the lies (they are obvious.. I can post those like where he said it had shipped several times but actually hadn't). But the initial ones I sent were via the contact us form on his website and it doesn't CC me a copy of my own message.

There are also his own replies in my other post that he gets caught in his own lies in even. I think its around page 5 or 6 of my other post. He states stuff has shipped, posts tracking, it comes in as a vent instead of a turbo kit.. then he overnights a package 3 days later to make it seem like nothing happened.. etc..

If I never made all these posts and paypal claims, I would probably still be waiting on a turbo kit or refund.. and shit outta luck.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:18 PM   #139
woode
Boosted Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgi View Post
is this is the last thread on fa20club issues. other frs300 thread either deleted or will be soon.
I'm sure this will be deleted, and then in a couple months there will be more people like me getting fucked over because there aren't threads like this to see issues. I know immediately after I ordered my kit I had several people PM me about problems with FA20Club and to run away.. and what do ya know..
The Following User Says Thank You to woode For This Useful Post:
slicktop (01-20-2014)
Old 01-19-2014, 08:19 PM   #140
phloozy

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by woode View Post
I have the ones he responded to, and the lies (they are obvious.. I can post those like where he said it had shipped several times but actually hadn't). But the initial ones I sent were via the contact us form on his website and it doesn't CC me a copy of my own message.

There are also his own replies in my other post that he gets caught in his own lies in even. I think its around page 5 or 6 of my other post. He states stuff has shipped, posts tracking, it comes in as a vent instead of a turbo kit.. then he overnights a package 3 days later to make it seem like nothing happened.. etc..

If I never made all these posts and paypal claims, I would probably still be waiting on a turbo kit or refund.. and shit outta luck.
Understandable, thanks for the feedback

Tags
c'mon man, doyen brown aka toni, epic thread tag, fa20isthenewikea, fab-worx/rda limited, fixitagaintoni, i like to weld things, i like turtles, some assembly required, spattered sparrow shit, time for a new company, toni ten times, tunerfail, welded the jail bars, welding 101, welding with toni, weldingfordummies