follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 04-11-2014, 05:28 AM   #1
rfross

Drives: 2007 GMC Canyon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any difference beween the BRZ and FR-S rear spoiler mounts?

I'm not usually a rear spoiler type of guy but if I purchase a BRZ later this summer I would want the Limited for it's heated seats/mirrors. But that also means I get the rear spoiler with it and I don't particularly like the looks of the BRZ spoiler.

From what I've seen, the FR-S spoiler is a little less spoiler looking than the BRZ unit so I'm wondering if the mounting holes are the same between the two cars? I don't want to swap trunk lids but I would consider swapping just the spoiler with somebody.

Does anyone know about the mounting between the two cars?
rfross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 01:50 AM   #2
N1rve

Drives: 2019 BMW ///M4
Thanked 1,167 Times in 714 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfross View Post
I'm not usually a rear spoiler type of guy but if I purchase a BRZ later this summer I would want the Limited for it's heated seats/mirrors. But that also means I get the rear spoiler with it and I don't particularly like the looks of the BRZ spoiler.

From what I've seen, the FR-S spoiler is a little less spoiler looking than the BRZ unit so I'm wondering if the mounting holes are the same between the two cars? I don't want to swap trunk lids but I would consider swapping just the spoiler with somebody.

Does anyone know about the mounting between the two cars?
Why not just get an FRS Monogram? I believe they come with the heated seats and mirrors as well.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
N1rve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 02:17 AM   #3
extrashaky

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Thanked 5,618 Times in 2,266 Posts
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
Why not just get an FRS Monogram? I believe they come with the heated seats and mirrors as well.
For one thing, it'll probably cost more. The BRZ sticker price is a couple hundred bucks higher, but because of that Pure Price crap at Scion, they're not as likely to deal. In my area the out the door price for the BRZ Premium runs $1500 to $2K less than the equivalent Scion.

Besides that, not everyone wants to drive a car badged as a Scion. The way the brand is marketed makes it kind of douchey.
extrashaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 02:50 AM   #4
FiRStsc10n
Canadian FR-S Member

Drives: FR-S '10 Series'
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Holes are different.

OEM FRS - 4 Holes along middle. 1 hole on each end

BRZ Limited - 3 holes along middle + 2 rubber inserts. 2 hole on each end.

BRZ photo courtesy of @Area86
FiRStsc10n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:07 PM   #5
rfross

Thanks for the detail and the photos, FiRStsc10n!

Looks like a trunk swap is in order. While I don't plan on driving the car during Michigan winters it is nice to have heated seats and mirrors for colder days. But then again, spending an extra $2k for something that I will probably rarely use may not be the best use of funds. Still thinking on this one...

And as far as the why not an FR-S? I prefer the Subaru brand for pricing and also that my local, and closest, Subaru dealer is on the good dealer white list. While I haven't purchased from this dealer before I've been in there several times in the past when car shopping and they were always pleasant to deal with. Having them on the good guys list makes a big difference. Oh, they also participate in the Costco Auto purchase program.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:15 PM   #6
funwheeldrive

Drives: BANNED FOR TELLING THE TRUTH
Thanked 3,022 Times in 1,409 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfross View Post
Thanks for the detail and the photos, FiRStsc10n!

Looks like a trunk swap is in order. While I don't plan on driving the car during Michigan winters it is nice to have heated seats and mirrors for colder days. But then again, spending an extra $2k for something that I will probably rarely use may not be the best use of funds. Still thinking on this one...

And as far as the why not an FR-S? I prefer the Subaru brand for pricing and also that my local, and closest, Subaru dealer is on the good dealer white list. While I haven't purchased from this dealer before I've been in there several times in the past when car shopping and they were always pleasant to deal with. Having them on the good guys list makes a big difference. Oh, they also participate in the Costco Auto purchase program.

I would just wait and see what you think of the spoiler when you actually have the car. You might grow to like it.
funwheeldrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:23 PM   #7
rfross

Quote:
Originally Posted by funwheeldrive View Post
I would just wait and see what you think of the spoiler when you actually have the car. You might grow to like it.
That's what I'd do but I always like having a plan B in hand. You're right - I might grow to like it!