follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Mid-Atlantic

Mid-Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA, WV

User Tag List

Old 02-14-2012, 08:28 PM   #43
Zaku
-Proud of Brzerhood-

Drives: '17 BRZ CWP LMT.
Thanked 1,725 Times in 790 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Great you two, it's nice to hear that you were able to get it. If you know spots please share it with others in the area who may be interested. Thank you!

"The BRZ Section's fine wine" -Zgrinch
Zaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:26 PM   #44
Tbxgz

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
GC pricing came out today... and it's really pointing to the FRS being 25K since it's priced to compete...hmm.... this is so confusing.
I disagree Zaku. The 2012 GC is more inline with the FR-S which was priced around 22.5. I think the 2013 price justification came from the performance upgrades (which is obviously way more impressive than the FR-S). With the GREAT year Hyundai just had, I think that price jump was expected. Not sure if the FR-S can hang with the GC if it starts at 25k.

Plus if the FR-S is 25k, then the BRZ P has to be around 27k. Thats 2k over the WRX?! I have a hard time seeing that.... although I guess its possible since NAV and HIDs are standard... damnit I think I just worried myself...
Old 02-14-2012, 09:31 PM   #45
Zaku
-Proud of Brzerhood-

I think Subaru will use the Hyudai's thing more than SCION they need the FRS. But all this fiasco about the 2 car per dealer thing is kinda....annoying. what is going on?

Old 02-14-2012, 09:38 PM   #46
Tbxgz

Quote:
I think Subaru will use the Hyudai's thing more than SCION they need the FRS. But all this fiasco about the 2 car per dealer thing is kinda....annoying. what is going on?
Ahh then yes I totally agree with you. And yes this pricing info is crazy! I dont know what to think.. I've been in contact with 2 sales people fairly often. Both are telling me pre orders will be taken and this "allocation rumor" has no legs as far as they are concerned. If this 2 per dealer rumor is in fact true, I'm not sure how I'm going to play my cards...
Old 02-14-2012, 09:39 PM   #47
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Drives: Attitude
Thanked 4,889 Times in 2,902 Posts
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Lotta bullshit going on, that's what. It happens when there's a dire lack of information provided to the market. Subaru's always hush-hush about what they do. At this point, it's really obnoxious. We should just contact Cherry Hill and say a dealer's lying out their ass. That way, they would either confirm or deny the dealer's claims.
OrbitalEllipses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:40 PM   #48
Tbxgz

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses View Post
Lotta bullshit going on, that's what. It happens when there's a dire lack of information provided to the market. Subaru's always hush-hush about what they do. At this point, it's really obnoxious. We should just contact Cherry Hill and say a dealer's lying out their ass. That way, they would either confirm or deny the dealer's claims.
I'm 100% on board with this idea.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:44 PM   #49
Zaku
-Proud of Brzerhood-

You know what I'll do just that, I will contact the people I know at HQ and ask them directly. But like I posted Guff said something that was along the same as the cali dealer except he's in Texas... we will see what's up soon. I want a BRZ but I want to be with an honest company as well, doesn't matter how expensive the car is if they don't have my trust I don't want to do business with them. I don't mind I could always get something else. But I've waited for so long alittle longer isn't going to hurt me.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:10 PM   #50
Alex

Drives: Subaru Impreza 2.5RS & Porsche 911
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Alex
Quote:
Originally Posted by ette View Post
dang that was fast. I was at RK last week and nobody was on the list yet. Same with Perry. I want to see your BRZ when you get it! Did they ask you to choose a trim or anything when you put the deposit down?
I called last Tuesday and I spoke with Lynn. She said I was the third to call in about it on Tuesday, but when I came in on Saturday, I was the 2nd to walk in and pre order one. Told me a 60+ year old man was #1. Lynn was pretty familiar with the car already, so it was quite easy to understand and get everything together.

We discussed the color I would like(WRB), 6-Speed Manuel, and which version I would want. I chose the Limited which is est at $27,000. She ran my credit report and estimated my monthly payments based on the est price(it could change of course knowing the price isn't set) and how much I would be putting up as a down payment on the car($5000). Also, she took my info(place of work, address, etc.). After all that, I wrote a deposit check of $300 and shook hands. There wasn't anything to discuss about the trim or options because it just either the premium($24k) or the limited($27k). She said as soon as she can place orders on the car from Subaru, then my order would be put in. If you are looking to pre-order one...I would talk with her.

I'm hearing rumors about 1 premium, 1 limited per dealer...idk how much of this info is true at this point or if the man ahead of me chose limited as well...I can only wait for now.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:49 PM   #51
ette
the enforcer

Drives: MKV GTI
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Garage
Glad to hear your so high up on the list. MT WRB Limited is actually the exact same one that I want. I don't remember exactly who I spoke with, but if I have anymore questions I'll definitely get in contact with her. I'm surprised the deposit check was $300 and not $500. So far I haven't seen many people active on the forum from our area either.

Looks like you're going to have the car for a long time before me though. I've been reading up on it and planning to get one for the past year, but won't be able to afford it when I'm at college getting my next degree :/ Just bought my GTI two days ago actually because it was more in my price range. Hopefully I can buy one when I get out. I'm looking forward to seeing how many BRZs are going to be around here though.
ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:56 PM   #52
Alex

Garage
Quote:
Glad to hear your so high up on the list. MT WRB Limited is actually the exact same one that I want. I don't remember exactly who I spoke with, but if I have anymore questions I'll definitely get in contact with her. I'm surprised the deposit check was $300 and not $500. So far I haven't seen many people active on the forum from our area either.

Looks like you're going to have the car for a long time before me though. I've been reading up on it and planning to get one for the past year, but won't be able to afford it when I'm at college getting my next degree :/ Just bought my GTI two days ago actually because it was more in my price range. Hopefully I can buy one when I get out. I'm looking forward to seeing how many BRZs are going to be around here though.
I'm hoping that I'll get one. Those rumors are sketching me out, so idk if I will even get one. Yeah, I guess #2 is a good spot, but still, anything could happen. When I spoke to her on the phone she said the minimum deposit would be like $200-300. So I just put down $300 when I was there. I could have definitely put more down at the time, but she said that was the minimum, so that's what I went with. If I do happen to get one when it comes out, then I'll probably bring it out to the Freedom Wash meet ups in VA Beach.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:20 PM   #53
ette
the enforcer

Drives: MKV GTI
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Garage
If you get one, bring it cars and coffee
ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:24 PM   #54
Alex

Garage
Quote:
If you get one, bring it cars and coffee
Forgot about that. I've never been to one, mostly because I don't wake up that early on saturdays, haha...but If I do get one, I will be there.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:30 PM   #55
Tbxgz

I put down WRB Manual Limited as well. WRB seems like the most popular color option.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:21 PM   #56
Homemade WRX
Pro Subie Engine Nerd

Drives: BRZ has a reserved space
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
dang that was fast. I was at RK last week and nobody was on the list yet. Same with Perry. I want to see your BRZ when you get it! Did they ask you to choose a trim or anything when you put the deposit down?
When I spoke with both of them about 6 weeks ago, they were oblivious about a deposit. Basically was told they weren't doing it yet. I'll probably bring it up next time I'm down at Perry...picking up more parts.
Homemade WRX is offline   Reply With Quote