follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 02-05-2016, 03:32 PM   #43
go_a_way1
Not Bаnned Anymore

Drives: Heavily Modified FRS
Thanked 8,274 Times in 4,797 Posts
Mentioned: 355 Post(s)
Tagged: 374 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by winsanity View Post
That is true. but when the used car dealer writes a statement saying that the rear differential has never been modified and it clearly has been, they're lying and that's why it's not being covered under warranty.

They told me they spoke to the previous owner offered to take the car to his shop for free to open up the diff to see whats wrong with it. But the reason why Subaru is saying it's not covered is because it was improperly resealed. They just want to open it up and tell me I burnt it so they don't have to cover anything.

In some cases manufacturers will step up to help customers. I've seen it quite a bit where I work. But I don't blame Subaru for not doing it but it would have been a good gesture for a first time customer with only 20,000km on the vehicle.

Now my fight is with the used car dealer. The evidence I've been finding points to the car being modified and tracked before and the dealer knowing about it before selling the car to me. In that case, if they knew the car was previously modified and knew Subaru wouldn't cover those parts that were modified and still advertised the vehicle as stock with remainder of factory warranty, then that's not right.
If you actually have a written statement from them then your golden. And your right the dealer really should step up to help out. But as far as it being sold as stock if it had all the stock parts technically it is still stock even though it was modified at one point But your right to fight with the used car dealer and I think you have 90 days (no idea how long you have had your car) to return it. You do not get any payments you made back but you get everything else back. Its some lemon law they have.
go_a_way1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 01:36 PM   #44
HeadBanger

Drives: '14 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
When did you buy the vehicle, and when did you get it checked? I think there's a 30 day guarantee when you buy a vehicle from a used car lot.