follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs)

Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) Wash, Wax, Details, Repairs

User Tag List

Old 04-17-2018, 06:42 PM   #1
IndyBRZed

Drives: 2017 BRZ Limited Auto
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone use any of the Wheel Ceramic or Nano

I was going to have a Pro Detailer who specializes with Adam's waxes. Wheel ceramic my wheels. His quote was $200.00 a set

He is already going to do a detail with a single stage polish and then apply the ceramic to the body

I was hunting around on Autogeek and then checking out individual supplier websites for tech. Mckees 37 has a wheel coating and Blackfire had one too. I can get a bottle of the mckees37 for $40 or blackfire for $60. I went on both sites and Mckees had a special for $60 that is the coating and wheel cleaner, plus applicator, towels, and free tire gel. Plus shipping included. So wheels are new never used, thought it would be a good time.

Looking forward to easier cleaning.
IndyBRZed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 06:57 PM   #2
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,816 Times in 16,425 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
They're JUST wheels !!......

OK,OK .......I'll go away ......

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
Kimsey47 (04-17-2018)
Old 04-18-2018, 07:57 PM   #3
OfficeWorker

Drives: 2018 WRX STI
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
McKee's 37 is the real deal. Thus far I have used their ceramic wheel coating, iron remover, clay bar, rinseless wash, Sio 2 wash, High Def Paint Sealant, and spray polymer wax - each and every product is IMO class-leading, and they have several innovative products that are completely absent from other makers' lineup.

In regards to their ceramic wheel coating, it is very easy to apply and it makes removing brakedust and buildup incredibly easy (literally just hitting them with a hose + spray nozzle without any cleaner removes virtually everything - mist the wheels with a little bit of Sonax Full Effect and you can literally clean the wheels beautifully without having to even touch them.) I cannot speak to longevity yet, but can say that the coating does a good job resisting salt. Before applying, I recommend decontaminating and clay baring the wheels because the end result will look and function better (if you have waxed your wheels, this is arguably an absolute necessity before application).

(Blackfire has a great reputation but my experience is very limited.)
OfficeWorker is offline   Reply With Quote