follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 04-14-2013, 01:43 PM   #183
TouchMyHonda
Vtec Jesus

Drives: 13 BRZ, 13 Golf R, 15 Audi S4
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm really diggin this header. I've had every famous, legit, and best power making header(s) ever made for Honda b series engines. By the looks of this one if say it has to be about the best out there. One thing I don't wish to have on this header is the loop. I understand its for turbo upgrade later (which I would do boost in like 5 years). However, can you by request make one that's as straight out the ass end as possible?
TouchMyHonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:12 PM   #184
Hawaiian
That guy

Drives: Ultramarine mt FR-S
Thanked 1,389 Times in 730 Posts
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchMyHonda View Post
I'm really diggin this header. I've had every famous, legit, and best power making header(s) ever made for Honda b series engines. By the looks of this one if say it has to be about the best out there. One thing I don't wish to have on this header is the loop. I understand its for turbo upgrade later (which I would do boost in like 5 years). However, can you by request make one that's as straight out the ass end as possible?
They've done custom stuff for circuit jerk, i'm sure it's not a problem.
Jr Tuned 506whp @17psi (e73)
Hawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:20 PM   #185
Gary in NJ

Drives: WR Blue BRZ, 240Z
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchMyHonda View Post
One thing I don't wish to have on this header is the loop. I understand its for turbo upgrade later (which I would do boost in like 5 years). However, can you by request make one that's as straight out the ass end as possible?
I may be wrong about this, but the loop is in place to create a "long tube" header. Long tube headers are typically used to increase low to mid-range torque...which is exactly what this header provides.
Gary in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:31 PM   #186
Hawaiian
That guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary in NJ View Post
I may be wrong about this, but the loop is in place to create a "long tube" header. Long tube headers are typically used to increase low to mid-range torque...which is exactly what this header provides.
The loop is there to bring it back down to the overpipe after routing it to the front for a front mounted turbo.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:56 AM   #187
Jive Turkey
the tuna, no crust.

Drives: 2014 Hachiroku of the year
Thanked 1,770 Times in 761 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
anyone have dyno's on pump with header back done? curious if it's worth to get this or keep waiting...
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:58 AM   #188
Hawaiian
That guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
anyone have dyno's on pump with header back done? curious if it's worth to get this or keep waiting...
First page, green line on the dyno. It's pump + stock tune full header back, then Pump + header full header back, Then Pump + visconti full header back.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hawaiian For This Useful Post:
Jive Turkey (04-15-2013)
Old 04-15-2013, 11:16 AM   #189
Huehuecoyotl
Banned

Drives: Perrin/VORTECH Supercharger TestBRZ
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...350#post865350

I tracked the snot out of it this weekend. Go buy this thing guys.
Huehuecoyotl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Huehuecoyotl For This Useful Post:
P&L Motorsports (04-15-2013), TouchMyHonda (04-17-2013)
Old 04-17-2013, 10:56 AM   #190
Hawaiian
That guy

So, I was at P&L yesterday talking to Paul and Dylan about them setting up a groupbuy for the header. Some of the things we talked about were a the usual scaling % discount, with the more people in on the buy, the deeper the discount, and also possibly a Deep discount on their overpipe when bought with the header groupbuy for those of you who don't yet have one.

There is a strong possibility that they will, but, I think they need a little bigger push from you guys. I don't need to worry about it, I already have mine, but if you're interested just respond in the thread and mention @P&L Motorsports in the reply. If you show them the interest is there, I'm sure they will get one up.

Last edited by Hawaiian; 04-17-2013 at 12:52 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:04 AM   #191
naikaidriver

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S AT Asphalt
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian View Post
So, I was at P&L yesterday talking to Paul and Dylan about them setting up a groupbuy for the header. Some of the things we talked about were a the usual scaling % discount, with the more people in on the buy, the deeper the discount, and also possibly a Deep discount on their overpipe for those of you who don't yet have one.

There is a strong possibility that they will, but, I think they need a little bigger push from you guys. I don't need to worry about it, I already have mine, but if you're interested just respond in the thread and mention @P&L Motorsports in the reply. If you show them the interest is there, I'm sure they will get one up.
Mahalo!
You can count me in!

I can't imagine how my car will sound with this header, Perrin overpipe, Invidia catted front pipe and my Buddy Club Spec II! There's a word for it.... what was it? Oh yeah!

DEAFENING!!!!

Looks like I may have to buy another daily driver. lol!

Scott
Old 04-17-2013, 11:06 AM   #192
Hawaiian
That guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikaidriver View Post
Mahalo!
You can count me in!

I can't imagine how my car will sound with this header, Perrin overpipe, Invidia catted front pipe and my Buddy Club Spec II! There's a word for it.... what was it? Oh yeah!

DEAFENING!!!!

Looks like I may have to buy another daily driver. lol!

Scott
Hah, I've heard the buddy club up close, and it will be something I guarantee, although @CircuitJerk and his SRT is pretty impressive as well.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:26 AM   #193
ebielat

Drives: Whiteout MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
So, I was at P&L yesterday talking to Paul and Dylan about them setting up a groupbuy for the header. Some of the things we talked about were a the usual scaling % discount, with the more people in on the buy, the deeper the discount, and also possibly a Deep discount on their overpipe for those of you who don't yet have one.

Cool, I'd be in for the @P&L Motorsports overpipe. Will do the catted headers in the future also, but overpipe for now.
ebielat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:54 AM   #194
Ingen

Drives: Ultramarine FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I'd love to hear what kind of sound you get from the catted P&L header and some sort of high-flow cat on the secondary, but then out the stock exhaust?

I can't lie, the idea of a 'sleeper' car is appealing! and I don't need to draw any more attention to myself than I already do in this car

Car Received: 10/18. Break in ended: 10/28

Goal: Openflash UEL headers, Stage II 93 oct, TRD intake, arm rest :P
Ingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:42 PM   #195
Tim_Asphalt_FRS
Is it fast? No.

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Manual-Asphalt
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:

I'd be interested in an overpipe group buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013 (Rebadged) Toyota GT-86 {Perrin intake tube, aFe dry air filter, custom 2.5" exhaust, PLM overpipe, Kartboy crank pulley, Hotchkis springs, custom Flossy grip tape shorty, TRD shifter, Berk HFC, Whiteline Sway-bars}
[Wanted: Delicious Stg 2 tune, Bilstein struts]
Tim_Asphalt_FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:48 PM   #196
Hawaiian
That guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebielat View Post
Cool, I'd be in for the @P&L Motorsports overpipe. Will do the catted headers in the future also, but overpipe for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Asphalt_FRS View Post
I'd be interested in an overpipe group buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmm I must of phrased it wrong, I edited the other post to be more clear. The overpipe discount was for an overpipe + header combo purchase, although the overpipe is on sale on their website.