follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Specific topics relating to wheels and tires.

User Tag List

Old 11-15-2017, 12:11 AM   #1
leevanf

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited A/T
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Volks CE28N Are these wheels legit?

Seller posts they are “17x7.5 5x100 Bronze 2003 +50 offset”
They are currently on a Forester.

I noticed there are-
(1) 3 stamps on the wheel - 4x100, 5x100, and 4x114.5
(2) 2 stickers inside, usually there are 4 right?

And can you chime in if they seem original to you guys?
Also, will I need some sort of spacer or adjustment to fit this +50 offset? Will be using 215/45 or 225/45 tires.
He’s selling for about 1000 USD

They look real so far - but i see so many varieties online its hard to just be 100% sure
Here are photos

Attached Images

Last edited by leevanf; 11-16-2017 at 02:02 AM.
leevanf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 08:09 AM   #2
Laika
When In Doubt...

Drives: Slowww
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Those look to be real.

The stampings for bolt patterns are done before the wheel is drilled so Rays lists the max weight for the wheel on each type of fitment beforehand.

There are indeed usually 4 stickers. It’s not uncommmon to see them without any stickers.
in the barrel.

The best of the fakes will have all this but tend to say RAYS ENC instead of RAYS ENG on the barrel where the bolt patterns are. But those will rarely have a metal valve stem.

Lastly, yes they’ll fit.

Join the Galaxy Blue Silica BRZ registry below:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2c&usp=sharing
Laika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 08:25 AM   #3
8RZ
The Gunshine State

Drives: '14 BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,163 Times in 587 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Legit.

Current DD: M235i
8RZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 02:04 AM   #4
leevanf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laika View Post
Those look to be real.

The stampings for bolt patterns are done before the wheel is drilled so Rays lists the max weight for the wheel on each type of fitment beforehand.

There are indeed usually 4 stickers. It’s not uncommmon to see them without any stickers.
in the barrel.

The best of the fakes will have all this but tend to say RAYS ENC instead of RAYS ENG on the barrel where the bolt patterns are. But those will rarely have a metal valve stem.

Lastly, yes they’ll fit.
Hi Laika, quick, question - seller sent me a photo of the sticker and i noticed that it is in exceptional condition and made in 2003. Is there any real difference and watchout for a CE28 made in 2003 vs now? 2003 is a LOOONG way..
Old 11-16-2017, 05:56 AM   #5
churchx

Drives: 2014 GT86
Thanked 2,084 Times in 1,435 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Stickers on wheels look at pristine condition. Were these wheels used at all during years since manufacturing? Dirt, brake dust and yet like new? :/
Of course, it's not as if it's bad thing, if they had been stored for that that long unsold or unused and/or on car hardly driven, just better condition then most wheels that old.
Wheels look legit, about the only thing i'd like less in them, their deep offset is more common to older subarus, thus wheels might look as sunken in as stock are (wheels wider both in and out by 6.3mm, but offset more by 2mm, so outside will be just 4mm more out), if that matters to you (many getting aftermarket wheels do so for looks reasons). Of course, not something spacers cannot fix.
churchx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 11:21 AM   #6
leevanf

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchx View Post
Stickers on wheels look at pristine condition. Were these wheels used at all during years since manufacturing? Dirt, brake dust and yet like new? :/
Of course, it's not as if it's bad thing, if they had been stored for that that long unsold or unused and/or on car hardly driven, just better condition then most wheels that old.
Wheels look legit, about the only thing i'd like less in them, their deep offset is more common to older subarus, thus wheels might look as sunken in as stock are (wheels wider both in and out by 6.3mm, but offset more by 2mm, so outside will be just 4mm more out), if that matters to you (many getting aftermarket wheels do so for looks reasons). Of course, not something spacers cannot fix.

He did mention the lip area was repainted/reconditioned due to some scratches, but no dents/bends ever occured. I guess theres no way of finding out. but for about 1,000 USD.. Maybe ill try negotiating down to 825 as I see plenty of ebay ads for that price.
Old 11-16-2017, 11:45 AM   #7
dowroa
Old Guy

Drives: 16 STi, 22 MX-5 RF BBS, 04 OBS RPA
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I think you should post this eBay link.... for Science.
dowroa is offline   Reply With Quote