follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 07-15-2015, 12:53 PM   #421
yomny

Drives: 2013 FRS Whiteout
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxscaxx View Post
Yeah I wasn't aware of that lol. JDL had told me to set it up this way, and I could have sworn I passed it by Delicious but I must not have. I'm just glad it held up and didn't give me a window in my block.
Update if the delicious diagram solved the over boost, hopefully.
Old 07-15-2015, 12:56 PM   #422
xxscaxx

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yomny View Post
Update if the delicious diagram solved the over boost, hopefully.
Assuming it will. Just sucks because I AN fitting'd everything, routed things in a certain way and cut the lines down to be exactly how I wanted. I may have to reorder 4an line now, and I also have to route the one line from the EBCS to the intake port which I currently have hooked up to my catch can.

I'm just going to run the CCV line to the intake as it is and put a filter on the hose that was going to the intake and vent it. Not sure what else to do with it at this point. I can't tap the intake hose for another port because its chromed too.
xxscaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 01:25 PM   #423
yomny

Quote:
Assuming it will. Just sucks because I AN fitting'd everything, routed things in a certain way and cut the lines down to be exactly how I wanted. I may have to reorder 4an line now, and I also have to route the one line from the EBCS to the intake port which I currently have hooked up to my catch can.

I'm just going to run the CCV line to the intake as it is and put a filter on the hose that was going to the intake and vent it. Not sure what else to do with it at this point. I can't tap the intake hose for another port because its chromed too.
Damn, sorry to hear about that. With these things I guess nothing's ever for sure until tested.
Old 07-15-2015, 01:26 PM   #424
xxscaxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomny View Post
Damn, sorry to hear about that. With these things I guess nothing's ever for sure until tested.
I really can't complain. I'm lucky nothing broke lol. I thought I had saw my boost gauge spike to 22psi but I honestly thought it had to be a mistake.
Old 07-15-2015, 02:24 PM   #425
yomny

Quote:
I really can't complain. I'm lucky nothing broke lol. I thought I had saw my boost gauge spike to 22psi but I honestly thought it had to be a mistake.
Happened to me but to a lesser degree when installing my boost controlled saw the gauge leap through and over 14, supposed to be at 10. lol.
Old 07-15-2015, 02:38 PM   #426
xxscaxx

at least it was 4 psi, not 7-8 like me
Old 07-15-2015, 03:07 PM   #427
nelsmar

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,361 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 345 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
at least it was 4 psi, not 7-8 like me
Is there no boost cut in your rom? *cringe*.

I don't have any gauges in mine... I have my ecu kill the throttle if I overboost.
Old Setup: Vortech Supercharged 360WHP/262WTQ @ 11.5psi
My build thread - WTF happened to nelsmar's car thread
nelsmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 03:09 PM   #428
xxscaxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsmar View Post
Is there no boost cut in your rom? *cringe*.

I don't have any gauges in mine... I have my ecu kill the throttle if I overboost.

Honestly I was under the impression there was boost cut along with fuel cut in my tune. I'm waiting to hear back on that. I mean at the end of the day its up to the driver to be responsible for their car but its really hard trying to log or view multiple variables at once. Trying to keep your eye on AFR, Boost, Fuel trims, etc is tedious and the logger sucks ass trying to read anything (especially on a damn laptop that you have to literally look over at).
Old 07-15-2015, 03:12 PM   #429
nelsmar

Quote:
Honestly I was under the impression there was boost cut along with fuel cut in my tune. I'm waiting to hear back on that. I mean at the end of the day its up to the driver to be responsible for their car but its really hard trying to log or view multiple variables at once. Trying to keep your eye on AFR, Boost, Fuel trims, etc is tedious and the logger sucks ass trying to read anything (especially on a damn laptop that you have to literally look over at).
Your talking to the wrong guy... I do this near daily... lol Minus the fuel trims thats the least of my worries and reviewed after. Knock, pressure, AFR are all i really care about (and audio).

I have ~ 2,200 flashes on my personal ECU roughly 90% of which I did street testing with lol.
Old 07-15-2015, 03:15 PM   #430
xxscaxx

Quote:
Your talking to the wrong guy... I do this near daily... lol Minus the fuel trims thats the least of my worries and reviewed after. Knock, pressure, AFR are all i really care about (and audio).

I have ~ 2,200 flashes on my personal ECU roughly 90% of which I did street testing with lol.
I normally just look for AFR, boost and knock as well. Thats nuts man, I thought I had a lot at like 80

All I want to do is get home and fix these lines. Its driving me absolutely nuts. Had to order new fittings and crap too for everything, but will makeshift something together just to put my mind at ease about driving around on the wrong setup.
Old 07-15-2015, 03:30 PM   #431
nelsmar

Quote:
I normally just look for AFR, boost and knock as well. Thats nuts man, I thought I had a lot at like 80

All I want to do is get home and fix these lines. Its driving me absolutely nuts. Had to order new fittings and crap too for everything, but will makeshift something together just to put my mind at ease about driving around on the wrong setup.
I would just disconnect your mounted solenoid and test it, then zip tie it to something and verify it works before making new lines. Build, test, clean up. :P
Old 07-15-2015, 03:35 PM   #432
xxscaxx

Quote:
I would just disconnect your mounted solenoid and test it, then zip tie it to something and verify it works before making new lines. Build, test, clean up. :P
Thats basically what ill be doing, I should have enough slack to just easily be able to swap two lines (have to get the damn push-loc fittings off first though) and not reroute anything, but that one line having to go to the intake port forces me to move a bunch around. I also had JDL weld a 6an fitting on there, and my EBCS lines are 4. Right now i'm just going to use a plastic reducer to test, but bought a 6an-4an reducer so I can run it cleanly to the intake pipe. Then I will just remove the rest of the line and put an air filter on the radium catch can. I was going to run a Y at the intake but it will look too cluttered and shitty so I decided against it lol.
Old 07-15-2015, 03:41 PM   #433
nelsmar

Quote:
Thats basically what ill be doing, I should have enough slack to just easily be able to swap two lines (have to get the damn push-loc fittings off first though) and not reroute anything, but that one line having to go to the intake port forces me to move a bunch around. I also had JDL weld a 6an fitting on there, and my EBCS lines are 4. Right now i'm just going to use a plastic reducer to test, but bought a 6an-4an reducer so I can run it cleanly to the intake pipe. Then I will just remove the rest of the line and put an air filter on the radium catch can. I was going to run a Y at the intake but it will look too cluttered and shitty so I decided against it lol.
For the third port on the solenoid just disconnect it.... leave it venting to atmosphere for a test. Hell I have never hooked my third port up to the intake... Right now I'm running it as a 2 port setup and the third one is just chilling. You "should" route it behind a filter element to keep dirt out of the system but running the boost solenoid for a test drive without a filter element isn't going to cause an issue.

Also they do make small little stone or foam based filters (i forget i remember its rather hard) that can go right into the solenoid's third port if you are using it in a 2 port configuration.
The Following User Says Thank You to nelsmar For This Useful Post:
xxscaxx (07-15-2015)
Old 07-15-2015, 03:44 PM   #434
xxscaxx

Quote:
For the third port on the solenoid just disconnect it.... leave it venting to atmosphere for a test. Hell I have never hooked my third port up to the intake... Right now I'm running it as a 2 port setup and the third one is just chilling. You "should" route it behind a filter element to keep dirt out of the system but running the boost solenoid for a test drive without a filter element isn't going to cause an issue.

Also they do make small little stone or foam based filters (i forget i remember its rather hard) that can go right into the solenoid's third port if you are using it in a 2 port configuration.
I actually thought about this but just assumed it had to go to the intake...either way one line will go to it, its either that one or my catch can line that is meant for the CCV. With this stuff I usually just "listen to the tuner" as I don't want any issues to pop up where its going to be finger pointing at something that wasn't done based off their recommendation (not saying that would happen, but has happened in the past with other tuners).

Thanks for the help man. That will definitely help me in just testing everything out and even driving it for a day or two until the other fittings come. Now I can just simply swap the two lines and do some testing just to make sure everything is good, and not worry about rerouting that 3rd port and the CCV line from the catch can.
The Following User Says Thank You to xxscaxx For This Useful Post:
nelsmar (07-15-2015)