follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 03-24-2015, 05:31 PM   #15
srizzors25
Daedalus Moto

Drives: 05 LGT Wagon, 08 R6 Race Bike
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hmm I will have to think about that, haven't considered a tune to date.

Sorry he ended up buying them and plastidipping them haha he really likes bright things: (just needed a 5mm spacer up front)

Also installed the stoptech pads, rotors and lines all around saturday. Feels good!

My new wheels came
Old 03-24-2015, 05:39 PM   #16
Koa
Sweeper

Drives: '02 RA Bugeye | '15 FRS
Thanked 1,488 Times in 788 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by srizzors25 View Post
On the STI, basically what happened is I got played haha

Was looking for a car for awhile after I sold my 330i. Found that one, was listed for 10.5k which was a really good deal (should have been the first red flag!) had around 110k miles something like that. I test drove it with a friend and it was pretty nice. Clearly needed some work which is why I wasn't completely scared off by the low price. mechanically it was solid. Body needed a little love. It was obvious it had been rear ended and fixed at some point, had a super janky exhaust, really tasteless paint inside and out (lime green calipers, blue and green spray paint under the hood and blue matched accents inside the car). Was fairly dirty inside. It drove well but it really needed some tlc.

So I bought it! but here was the second red flag. The problem was I too anxious to get a car and it bit me. He told me he had a lien on the car, needed some cash to pay it off. So I paid him half, and he gave me the car. He later said that if I gave him the rest of the money (said the title was paid at this point and on its way) he would take some off the total and call it good. Great I thought (stupid in hindsight). Drove the car for a couple months, started to clean things up etc. I keep on him about the title (even got it insured and all) but nothing really. Couple months go by, I get a call that his check supposedly bounced to the dealer where he bought it, and now they have to reposes the car. Well that's awesome. Says he'll bring cash with him and come take the car back. Supposedly there wasn't another option

So he shows up, with his "dad" and girlfriend. Turns out he didn't have money on him so stupid me (again with the hindsight) write up an agreement for him to pay me back and full and like an idiot I let him take the car.

We keep talking keep trying to meet up for money he keeps putting it off, making excuses, etc that sort of stuff. Last time he supposedly has a friend coming to help me, we meet downtown but he never shows up. I keep calling/texting him while I wait , no answer no reply that stuff. Leave him a nice message letting him know what I think of the situation and that was that.
Next day I get a call from the police, supposedly they called the cops on me for harassment. They tell me to stop calling and get someone else to deal with it.

I file a police report with the Westminster PD end up dealing with a very nice detective who is very helpful. Turns out the guy is a repeat felon on minor things (around 10 cases lol and he's 24 like me ...) Detective gets the guy and his girlfriend in, gets their story as well.

Turns out they bought the car, financed it or something through a dealer, ended up buying the car about 2 weeks before I bought it which means they intended to use the car as bait to rip someone off. Their down payment check bounced and they were force to self repo the car or get in big trouble. Turns out both the guy and his GF can both be in trouble for title fraud or something like that.
However, the cop tells me to go to civil court because criminal cases take forever and won't guarantee me any money back.

So I've been dealing with civil court for awhile. its a pain but has been relatively easy. They never show up to court so everything has been ruled in my favor.

The case finally closed last week which is awesome, currently in the process of getting information from them (court mandated) about where they work/bank/what cars they own/any property/houses owned etc. I can basically empty their bank accounts, put liens on property and garnish their wages until I get my 10k back.

It sucks and it'll take time but I'm finally en route to getting my money back. Not fun and I'll never be an idiot like that again. An expensive mistake on my part but hopefully I can get a decent portion back in a reasonable amount of time.

Luckily I had that legacy to sell in the meantime and was able to finance the BRZ so I'm happy with my car situation now and I have a nice paying job (engineer!) so I'm not hurting too bad but it would be super nice to get that money back asap
wow. I just read this...

brother. so glad you got the court on your side and yes, we all do foolish things when a "too good to be true" offer comes our way.

What a piece of trash for trying to do that to you..

Hope all is well
Koa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 10:13 AM   #17
srizzors25
Daedalus Moto

Yea it hasn't been fun. Quite the learning experience but super crappy. Submitted the final paperwork, just need to serve their place of work an collect a tiny amount of money every month
Old 03-30-2015, 11:58 AM   #18
srizzors25
Daedalus Moto

New wheels installed! Still need to mess around with suspension. Little bit of rubbing in the rear. The street basis Doesn't go super low so I don't think I can bring the front down much but we'll see later today.

Needs a little more camber in the rear and some camber in the front. If I can't bring the front down, I'll raise the rear a bit to level it. These nittos have a pretty fat sidewall and they fill the wheels pretty well.

I think I'm happy with them ha just a bit shinier than I thought they'd be but hey, its different which I like a lot

ESM 007 18x8.5+35 Platinum w/ 245/40/18 Nitto NT01. Huge thanks to @GuerillaRacing for helping me out, he was super patient with me when I sent a flurry of messages his way ha

I'll try and whip out the camera later this week and get some real photos. Just took some quick phone shots yesterday
Old 03-30-2015, 12:30 PM   #19
GuerillaRacing

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Garage
Looks sick!! Thanks for the photos. Love the meaty look.
GuerillaRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GuerillaRacing For This Useful Post:
srizzors25 (03-30-2015)
Old 03-30-2015, 05:06 PM   #20
TWMPerformance
Banned

Drives: Manual Transmission, All the Way!
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Proper fitment and wheel/tire setup

Renato
Team TWM Performance
TWMPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 08:02 PM   #21
srizzors25
Daedalus Moto

Thanks @TWMPerformance! I didn't want to go too crazy as I have to daily this thing everywhere on crappy roads haha

Sorry if you don't like the decals I love stickers haha if you couldn't tell

Old 04-07-2015, 04:12 PM   #22
TWMPerformance
Banned

Drives: Manual Transmission, All the Way!
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by srizzors25 View Post
Thanks @TWMPerformance! I didn't want to go too crazy as I have to daily this thing everywhere on crappy roads haha

Sorry if you don't like the decals I love stickers haha if you couldn't tell
The decals looks great! Dailies are the most fun though!

Renato
Team TWM Performance
TWMPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TWMPerformance For This Useful Post:
srizzors25 (04-07-2015)
Old 04-13-2015, 11:42 AM   #23
srizzors25
Daedalus Moto

Had it leveled and aligned! Now sitting at -1.5* front and -2.5* rear camber. These tires are so fat it's not like its even that crazy of a setup. Still rubs in the rears occasionally!

Old 05-04-2015, 10:45 AM   #24
srizzors25
Daedalus Moto

From yesterday's show

The bike looking fresh now

Old 05-04-2015, 06:08 PM   #25
GuerillaRacing

Garage
Saw you! We were one row over. Our FR-S had the vinyl removed and new wheels so probably didn't recognize it.
srizzors25 (05-05-2015)
Old 05-05-2015, 02:42 PM   #26
srizzors25
Daedalus Moto

Oh I did see it did not know that was you guys! That's awesome the car looked super good. Stats on the wheels? Thats a great look
Old 05-05-2015, 05:15 PM   #27
GuerillaRacing

Garage
Thanks! A big change from the 16" Enkeis, hehe. They are Work XSA-04C in 18x9.5" +30.
Old 05-05-2015, 05:21 PM   #28
GuerillaRacing

Garage
srizzors25 (05-06-2015)