follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 01-31-2013, 09:31 PM   #841
sierra

Drives: Skoda Yeti DSG diesel 4x4
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsguy83 View Post
At some point in this thread (or the header one), someone posted the instructions Nameless gave them to do it.
If it's as easy as it sounds I would appreciate knowing what to do.
It's only 10mm but even would be better.
sierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:09 PM   #842
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Drives: Limited BRZ
Thanked 8,343 Times in 4,361 Posts
Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by oaroyale View Post
Talked to nameless today, here's their response. Try.

1. Position the exhaust exactly how it should be then bolt onto the fringe.
2. Have someone hold the middle part of the exhaust and someone else push in on the side that sticks out. The goal is to bend the v split a little.

If you tried the two methods above and your exhaust is still sticking out, take a picture and send an email to either john or Ryan. I think their emails are john.h@namelessperformance.com and Ryan.m@namelessperformance.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun View Post
Ok I emailed Nameless about the uneven tips, and this was their response.....:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra View Post
Meaning they get bent during freight and we can bend then straight to get a perfect tip alignment?....
Quote:
If it's as easy as it sounds I would appreciate knowing what to do.
It's only 10mm but even would be better.

Sierra, I think at this point I can call you my friend

See the first quoted post for the instructions. I scoured the thread until I found them :happy0180:

The set of hands to hold the "middle part of the exhaust" can be any pipe (jack handle?) that can be leveraged against any rigid metal bar.
Sportsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:14 AM   #843
Minovsky

Drives: Fr-s 2013 white out
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Sorry im a noob at this but What is the difference between
Subaru BRZ/Scion FR-S 2.5" Street Axleback and High Flow Cat Package (Factory Fit)
(cost 929)
And
Subaru BRZ/Scion FR-S Dual Exit 2.5" Axleback Exhaust w/ 5" Mufflers
(570)
Im new to these and i would like a slightly aggressive sound for my car so i was just wondering if i need to pay 929 for the sound like the video i saw or 570 is fine? Please dont hate!!!
Minovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:28 AM   #844
sierra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeydew View Post
Sorry im a noob at this but What is the difference between
Subaru BRZ/Scion FR-S 2.5" Street Axleback and High Flow Cat Package (Factory Fit)
(cost 929)
And
Subaru BRZ/Scion FR-S Dual Exit 2.5" Axleback Exhaust w/ 5" Mufflers
(570)
Im new to these and i would like a slightly aggressive sound for my car so i was just wondering if i need to pay 929 for the sound like the video i saw or 570 is fine? Please dont hate!!!
Just get the axle back, same as I currently have on mine.
It's easy to fit and sounds just right. First time I started it up I nipped around to my nephews and we took turns listening from the back while the other one blipped it to the listener's custom order.
It sounded sensational on the lawn. Muted just enough not to be offensive at full throttle to the cut out but still make your hair stand on end. Quiet at light throttle.
The Following User Says Thank You to sierra For This Useful Post:
Minovsky (02-01-2013)
Old 02-01-2013, 02:46 AM   #845
sierra

Quote:
Sierra, I think at this point I can call you my friend

See the first quoted post for the instructions. I scoured the thread until I found them :happy0180:
The set of hands to hold the "middle part of the exhaust" can be any pipe (jack handle?) that can be leveraged against any rigid metal bar.
You certainly are my friend on the exhaust threads! It's like having drinking buddy but without the hangover.:happy0180:
Thanks for digging that out.
What does version 1 mean by 'bolt onto the fringe'???
Version 2 makes sense.
When mine arrived it was wrapped up like an Egyption mummy and not boxed. I marvelled at how strong it must be that they could send it that way. Imagine all the stuff packed on top in the holds of the planes.

I'll give it a go when I'm feeling strong.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:12 AM   #846
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Garage
Quote:
You certainly are my friend on the exhaust threads! It's like having drinking buddy but without the hangover.:happy0180:
Thanks for digging that out.
What does version 1 mean by 'bolt onto the fringe'???
Version 2 makes sense.
When mine arrived it was wrapped up like an Egyption mummy and not boxed. I marvelled at how strong it must be that they could send it that way. Imagine all the stuff packed on top in the holds of the planes.

I'll give it a go when I'm feeling strong.
yep cheers my friend! :happy0180:

Fringe I believe came out after he was auto-corrected from "flange".

Last edited by Sportsguy83; 02-01-2013 at 03:59 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sportsguy83 For This Useful Post:
sierra (02-01-2013)
Old 02-02-2013, 05:16 PM   #847
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Garage
@sierra my buddy, this one's for you again

See the Perrin Overpipe fitted on an Nix's Autralian BRZ

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...&postcount=186

Old 02-02-2013, 09:35 PM   #848
sierra

Quote:
@sierra my buddy, this one's for you again

See the Perrin Overpipe fitted on an Nix's Autralian BRZ

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...&postcount=186
Thanks Sportsguy.

I'm working my way through all the posts on that car, there's some lovely stuff on it.

The overpipe and downpipe are still sitting on the floor. I really don't know what to do. If I fit them as they are it will be louder and I don't want that.
If I fit the helmholtz resonator it should make it quieter in the car which would be a good result but although it's only $65 extra fitted to the downpipe it's $178 for the kit sent here. Then I have to get it fitted, 1.25" hole cut and welded back up, in the right position which will be different to the one piece position with the cat further forward.
I'll add up the projected cost of the overpipe/downpipe with resonator fitted to the car.
So far $700 + $178 + fitting which could easily be $300 at $110 an hour is nearly $1,200
For the record the FA20club overpipe is not built to the same standard as Nameless products. The flange faces in particular were badly finished and quite convex. I've filed them to an acceptable contact area but worry about alignment.
Sportsguy83 (02-02-2013)
Old 02-03-2013, 08:58 PM   #849
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Garage
Quote:
Thanks Sportsguy.

I'm working my way through all the posts on that car, there's some lovely stuff on it.

The overpipe and downpipe are still sitting on the floor. I really don't know what to do. If I fit them as they are it will be louder and I don't want that.
If I fit the helmholtz resonator it should make it quieter in the car which would be a good result but although it's only $65 extra fitted to the downpipe it's $178 for the kit sent here. Then I have to get it fitted, 1.25" hole cut and welded back up, in the right position which will be different to the one piece position with the cat further forward.
I'll add up the projected cost of the overpipe/downpipe with resonator fitted to the car.
So far $700 + $178 + fitting which could easily be $300 at $110 an hour is nearly $1,200
For the record the FA20club overpipe is not built to the same standard as Nameless products. The flange faces in particular were badly finished and quite convex. I've filed them to an acceptable contact area but worry about alignment.
Tough decisions... What about selling your high flow Cat frontpipe locally and ordering a complete one with helmholtz from Nameless?
Old 02-04-2013, 12:58 AM   #850
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Drives: Attitude
Thanked 4,889 Times in 2,902 Posts
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Tough decisions... What about selling your high flow Cat frontpipe locally and ordering a complete one with helmholtz from Nameless?
This honestly sounds like the best move. You WILL still lose some change, but I think it's the way you lose the least amount.
OrbitalEllipses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:12 AM   #851
sierra

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses View Post
This honestly sounds like the best move. You WILL still lose some change, but I think it's the way you lose the least amount.
I have thought about that but the combined overpipe/downpipe with HF cat and HR is only made for the LHD.
The downpipe with HF cat has no option for the HR.

If Nameless would sell me a downpipe with HF cat, HR fitted AND that overpipe they made that matches the OEM overpipe, then I would happily sell what I have here and buy those instead.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:20 AM   #852
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Garage
Quote:
I have thought about that but the combined overpipe/downpipe with HF cat and HR is only made for the LHD.

If Nameless would sell me a downpipe with HF cat, HR fitted AND that overpipe they made that matches the OEM overpipe, then I would happily sell what I have here and buy those instead.
Let me see if I understand. You have Nameless downpipe with HF Cat correct?

You also have FA20 Overpipe correct?

If both of those are correct, why don't you

1) Keep your FA20 Overpipe

2) Sell the Nameless downpipe with HF Cat then;

3) Buy Nameless Downpipe with HF Cat AND HR fitted then finally; (maybe what you are trying to say and I didn't understand is that Nameless does not sell the Downpipe with helmholtz fitted, they only sell it for their overpipe/downpipe combo)

4) Dance in the rain and cry of joy?

Edit: Looking at Nameless page it seems the problem is they don't sell the downpipe with Helmholtz, and I think I understand why. In their OP/DP combo, the Cat is moved farther up front compared to the stock Cat location
Old 02-04-2013, 01:40 AM   #853
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Drives: Attitude
Thanked 4,889 Times in 2,902 Posts
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:

Get at them on Facebook; they're very responsive to requests there. At the very least they'll discuss the plausibility of your request.
OrbitalEllipses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:07 AM   #854
sierra

Let me see if I understand. You have Nameless downpipe with HF Cat correct?

Yes

You also have FA20 Overpipe correct?

Yes

If both of those are correct, why don't you

1) Keep your FA20 Overpipe

Not super happy with it. If I could have seen it before I bought I would have looked elsewhere. I've spent some time getting the flange faces flat, they were badly convex and although it's functional it's not exactly a work of art. Will it fit and clear are the obvious questions? Hopefully it will.

2) Sell the Nameless downpipe with HF Cat then;

I can do that.

3) Buy Nameless Downpipe with HF Cat AND HR fitted then finally; (maybe what you are trying to say and I didn't understand is that Nameless does not sell the Downpipe with helmholtz fitted, they only sell it for their overpipe/downpipe combo)

Will they fit one to a downpipe with HF cat for me?

4) Dance in the rain and cry of joy?

With only 3.5mm in the last 8 weeks I would for sure!

Edit: Looking at Nameless page it seems the problem is they don't sell the downpipe with Helmholtz, and I think I understand why. In their OP/DP combo, the Cat is moved farther up front compared to the stock Cat location

That is what Jason asked me to email him about, the location of the HR on my downpipe. For some reason he didn't reply or respond to my questions about it here.
I can't see a problem looking at the pics. It seems to fit after the cat to the underside, coming back to be tacked to the cat. It would be a little further back and lower but it looks viable?
Sportsguy83 (02-04-2013)