follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-30-2013, 01:21 AM   #15
Hawaiian
That guy
 
Hawaiian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Drives: Ultramarine mt FR-S
Location: chicago
Posts: 2,374
Thanks: 692
Thanked 1,385 Times in 730 Posts
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdrider77 View Post
I thought i was having a fuel starvation issue too. right at 3500 rpm, if i have the pedal to the floor, car just bogs down and starts jerking. 3-6th super noticeable. I was hoping it was just a fuel thing, but just filled up and still same issue, car is barely driveable.

Logs from 1/4 tank.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fesnlpg5xb...uartertank.zip

Logs after full tank.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uhynp1se4y3znsq/fulltank.zip
Do you have an aftermarket intake?
__________________
Ultramarine mt FR-S
P&L stage 1 turbo
Prime Motoring Flex fuel
Jr Tuned 506whp @17psi (e73)
Hawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:01 AM   #16
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits
 
Sportsguy83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Drives: Limited BRZ
Location: Miami
Posts: 10,734
Thanks: 19,951
Thanked 8,277 Times in 4,340 Posts
Mentioned: 437 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdrider77 View Post
I thought i was having a fuel starvation issue too. right at 3500 rpm, if i have the pedal to the floor, car just bogs down and starts jerking. 3-6th super noticeable. I was hoping it was just a fuel thing, but just filled up and still same issue, car is barely driveable.

Logs from 1/4 tank.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fesnlpg5xb...uartertank.zip

Logs after full tank.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uhynp1se4y3znsq/fulltank.zip
How is your AFR gauge in those situations? Do you see it climb 13-15? That sounds like one of my FP install issues. I can't open the logs at work, but yeah -5 is bad.

Here are my God awful logs before switching tuners... Notice the -5 knock events. Cruising, WOT, everywhere, didn't matter.







Sportsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:24 PM   #17
feldy
Senior Member
 
feldy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Drives: 2013 FRS Asphalt
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 1,156
Thanks: 309
Thanked 335 Times in 212 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Got a new file in over the weekend. Still a tad of knock but much better. Knocked once over a two mile drive to work. at low rpms low throttle. Logs are attached. @mad_sb here is a pic of the IAM value resetting from .94 from before I cranked the key to .7 on start up.

__________________
2013 Scion FR-S AT Picked up 5/30/2012
feldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:08 AM   #18
Z0rr0
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: 2013 Raven 6MT FR-S
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 130
Thanks: 16
Thanked 48 Times in 23 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
can we not just post the .csv files? that would be a ton easier
Z0rr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:45 PM   #19
gdrider77
Senior Member
 
gdrider77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 623
Thanks: 243
Thanked 261 Times in 156 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian View Post
Do you have an aftermarket intake?
Yup.

Perrin
__________________
gdrider77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:47 PM   #20
gdrider77
Senior Member
 
gdrider77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 623
Thanks: 243
Thanked 261 Times in 156 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsguy83 View Post
How is your AFR gauge in those situations? Do you see it climb 13-15? That sounds like one of my FP install issues. I can't open the logs at work, but yeah -5 is bad.

Here are my God awful logs before switching tuners... Notice the -5 knock events. Cruising, WOT, everywhere, didn't matter.

I will need to take a look. Here is the thing. I flashed back to the old tune, prior to my last one, and that issue is gone, so seems to be a tune issue? I will post logs of the "old" tune later today.
__________________
gdrider77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:43 PM   #21
Hawaiian
That guy
 
Hawaiian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Drives: Ultramarine mt FR-S
Location: chicago
Posts: 2,374
Thanks: 692
Thanked 1,385 Times in 730 Posts
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdrider77 View Post
I will need to take a look. Here is the thing. I flashed back to the old tune, prior to my last one, and that issue is gone, so seems to be a tune issue? I will post logs of the "old" tune later today.
It might have something to do with your tune and intake combo.
__________________
Ultramarine mt FR-S
P&L stage 1 turbo
Prime Motoring Flex fuel
Jr Tuned 506whp @17psi (e73)
Hawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:53 PM   #22
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits
 
Sportsguy83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Drives: Limited BRZ
Location: Miami
Posts: 10,734
Thanks: 19,951
Thanked 8,277 Times in 4,340 Posts
Mentioned: 437 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z0rr0 View Post
can we not just post the .csv files? that would be a ton easier

Site only accepts .zip, what people do is post a .csv, change the extension to .zip and then you download it, change it to .csv and it opens in your computer.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian View Post
It might have something to do with your tune and intake combo.
Might be, true but since his "old tune" does not show the behavior seems to be isolated to that specific tune.
Sportsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:06 PM   #23
Hawaiian
That guy
 
Hawaiian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Drives: Ultramarine mt FR-S
Location: chicago
Posts: 2,374
Thanks: 692
Thanked 1,385 Times in 730 Posts
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsguy83 View Post
Might be, true but since his "old tune" does not show the behavior seems to be isolated to that specific tune.
True, it's somehing changed in the tune, but i had a similar issue in the past at a lower rpm. It was intake related, but only happened at wot, and caused the same issues. My tuner later tuned it out.
__________________
Ultramarine mt FR-S
P&L stage 1 turbo
Prime Motoring Flex fuel
Jr Tuned 506whp @17psi (e73)
Hawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hawaiian For This Useful Post:
Sportsguy83 (10-02-2013)
Old 10-02-2013, 04:09 PM   #24
gdrider77
Senior Member
 
gdrider77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 623
Thanks: 243
Thanked 261 Times in 156 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsguy83 View Post
Site only accepts .zip, what people do is post a .csv, change the extension to .zip and then you download it, change it to .csv and it opens in your computer.




Might be, true but since his "old tune" does not show the behavior seems to be isolated to that specific tune.

Exactly what i was thinking. I was really hoping it was a tune issue and not an engine, connection, etc.. issue. I went through all the engine double checking all my hoses, connections etc.

Everything looked solid and secure...

So my next thought was it was that wacky tune. Flashed back and sure enough, running much better.

I will post logs soon, but from what i saw running the old tune yesterday, my knock correction was at least only a -2 at the most. So a bit of an improvement.
__________________
gdrider77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:11 PM   #25
gdrider77
Senior Member
 
gdrider77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 623
Thanks: 243
Thanked 261 Times in 156 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian View Post
True, it's somehing changed in the tune, but i had a similar issue in the past at a lower rpm. It was intake related, but only happened at wot, and caused the same issues. My tuner later tuned it out.

Its weird, and something i dont notice all the time, especially since i dont really drive around WOT usually. Only noticed while doing the datalogs...

Got an appointment on Monday with my tuner, hopefully we can resolve all this, if not, its off to Toni at FA20 for a remote tune.
__________________
gdrider77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:45 PM   #26
Hawaiian
That guy
 
Hawaiian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Drives: Ultramarine mt FR-S
Location: chicago
Posts: 2,374
Thanks: 692
Thanked 1,385 Times in 730 Posts
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdrider77 View Post
Its weird, and something i dont notice all the time, especially since i dont really drive around WOT usually. Only noticed while doing the datalogs...

Got an appointment on Monday with my tuner, hopefully we can resolve all this, if not, its off to Toni at FA20 for a remote tune.
It will take a little bit for your tuner to work on it, but from what i recall it's an issue with the maf placement in aftermarket intakes. Under wot the fueling switches to open loop and floods the engine with way too much fuel (simplified answer). @mad_sb might be able to shed a little more light on it.
__________________
Ultramarine mt FR-S
P&L stage 1 turbo
Prime Motoring Flex fuel
Jr Tuned 506whp @17psi (e73)
Hawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:40 PM   #27
gdrider77
Senior Member
 
gdrider77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 623
Thanks: 243
Thanked 261 Times in 156 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian View Post
It will take a little bit for your tuner to work on it
A little bit....what would you consider a little bit? My tuner has had my car for around 20 days total. Shouldnt that be enough time to work out any bugs and get it tuned properly? Or is this car just too new?

My tuner has actually said he doesnt really want to tune twins anymore after working on mine and a couple others...says they are just too hard to tune, and the software is a pain. Is the consensus that this is true? Or is my tuner maybe just not a good fit for me and my car?

Thoughts. Hope to not derail the topic too much.
__________________

Last edited by gdrider77; 10-02-2013 at 06:26 PM.
gdrider77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:55 PM   #28
Ross
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Drives: 85 corolla gts
Location: Chesapeake , Va
Posts: 361
Thanks: 17
Thanked 177 Times in 110 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tuner is not a good fit for your car or any of the newer management systems. They are not a difficult car to tune, especially if you are not doing it remotely.
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RGM Supercharged 86 performance data TheGooseman AFRICA 14 12-13-2014 02:15 AM
Interpreting Ecutek Data Logs? cuddefred Software Tuning 3 09-02-2013 12:55 PM
VIR - Impressions/Pics/Logs/Video (Track Daze) swift996 Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting 39 08-30-2013 09:21 AM
Noise tube delete air/fuel logs? jm1681 Engine, Exhaust, Transmission 13 10-17-2012 04:57 PM
ECU Data Logger Motordyne Engine, Exhaust, Transmission 5 07-18-2012 09:27 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.