follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 09-24-2019, 12:14 AM   #1
d0aner

Drives: 2017 86 GTS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Nur Spec Side Skirt installation template?

Does anyone have a template on where to drill in the side panel for this side skirt installation?

Thanks in advance
Attached Images

d0aner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 01:51 PM   #2
Bach415

Drives: Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
@d0aner, Nur spec/aero kit parts are hard to come by within the forums, especially the templates. Your best bet is either have a body shop do it or put some marks (I.E. toothpaste) where the clips slide in on the side skirt and imprint it onto the side of the vehicle. These parts are usually factory installed if I recall due to it having to be drilled into the side of the car.
Bach415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 07:48 PM   #3
d0aner

Drives: 2017 86 GTS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
@Bach415 - thank you, probably will head to a body shop now. Initially thought the TRD and Nur spec side skirts were the same thing, wished I knew that before purchasing them haha
d0aner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 01:26 AM   #4
Bach415

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0aner View Post
@Bach415 - thank you, probably will head to a body shop now. Initially thought the TRD and Nur spec side skirts were the same thing, wished I knew that before purchasing them haha
Np. TRD and Nur Spec/Aero kit are completely different. Nur spec has one mounting point in the front with the rest of the mounting points drilled into the side of the car w/o weather stripping. TRD has 2 mounting points in the front and 2 in the rear without the need of drilling and using weather stripping + adhesive to hold onto the side. I personally have the nur spec side skirts that are being repaired (slowly). I am converting it to work like the TRD ones w/o drilling.
Old 09-25-2019, 01:48 AM   #5
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,471 Times in 3,207 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bach415 View Post
Np. TRD and Nur Spec/Aero kit are completely different. Nur spec has one mounting point in the front with the rest of the mounting points drilled into the side of the car w/o weather stripping. TRD has 2 mounting points in the front and 2 in the rear without the need of drilling and using weather stripping + adhesive to hold onto the side. I personally have the nur spec side skirts that are being repaired (slowly). I am converting it to work like the TRD ones w/o drilling.
TRD ones do have five holes on the bottom. They clip into the bottom of the rocker panel. Unless you mean drilling elsewhere.
It sounds to me like the delicate, metallic sounds of piston skirts slapping against the cylinder walls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Now, if it was three feet long and you were using all that leverage
spike021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 11:03 AM   #6
Bach415

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post
TRD ones do have five holes on the bottom. They clip into the bottom of the rocker panel. Unless you mean drilling elsewhere.
Both the trd and nur spec has the 5 holes at the bottom of the rocker panel. Nur spec actually requires you to drill into the panel right under the door as there will be clips that hold the side skirt into the body. It’s like the wrx sti side skirts mount but without the holes actually being premade