follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 02-08-2018, 01:58 PM   #15
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Drives: Edelbrock Equipped - Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,682 Times in 581 Posts
Mentioned: 403 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln Logs View Post
Is this compatible with 2017 cars?
Just like our EcuTek kit is compatible with 2013-2018 models, so is this one!

Whether there are FF tunes supported for 2017 on the OFT side of things, I'm not sure. One would have to inquire with Shiv as to whether those maps are available yet.

-Zach
Delicious Tuning
DeliciousTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 08:20 PM   #16
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sales@delicioustuning.com View Post
Hi zach,

is that flex kit Evap connect ??, doesnt appear to be in picture, as oft flex tunes require evap connection not rear 02

Lot of non usa cars also have no connection standard on the evap in on ecu so you need to pin it yourself or get an evap ecu harness tap.

steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 08:30 PM   #17
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
Hi zach,

is that flex kit Evap connect ??, doesnt appear to be in picture, as oft flex tunes require evap connection not rear 02

Lot of non usa cars also have no connection standard on the evap in on ecu so you need to pin it yourself or get an evap ecu harness tap.

Steve,

Look a bit closer. The rear 02 connection is a pass through to get clean power/ground without fuss. There is a bare lead to run to the ECM for CPC signal input, sized to appropriate length. CPC input was the entire premise behind us making this OFT compatible kit.

-Zach
The Following User Says Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
steve99 (02-08-2018)
Old 02-08-2018, 08:40 PM   #18
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sales@delicioustuning.com View Post
Steve,

Look a bit closer. The rear 02 connection is a pass through to get clean power/ground without fuss. There is a bare lead to run to the ECM for CPC signal input, sized to appropriate length. CPC input was the entire premise behind us making this OFT compatible kit.

-Zach
Thanks its hard to see in picture.

might be worth adding in description " compatable with Evap and rear 02 connection" or something
Old 02-09-2018, 11:45 AM   #19
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
Thanks its hard to see in picture.

might be worth adding in description " compatable with Evap and rear 02 connection" or something
It's not compatible with Rear 02; that would be our EcuTek kit only. We figured the input would be assumed since this is OFT specific, and OFT only accepts one input. Appreciate the advice though!

-Zach
Old 08-15-2019, 07:00 AM   #20
Ced67

Drives: EU AT GT86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hello everyone,
I'm briging this topic up because I try to install the Delicious OFT flexfuel kit and I want to be sure of what I'm doing (with my installator which is used to the usual ecutek version of the kit).

Here what can be read in the kit description ( https://www.delicioustuning.com/OFT-FlexFuel ):

"For OFT, this kit features a flying lead wire that is to be routed through the right side firewall. The wire inputs ethanol percentage into the ECU via the CPC input wire located at the ECU harness..."

Read as is, it seems to be straightforward like any other kit: take the flyin wire and connect it to the ECU evap/cpc input using the green harness adapter seen earlier.

Easy...

But not that much!

My problem is that the kit does not feature any flying wire but instead the Delicious box output is connected in parallel to the rear O2 sensor which is still connected thanks to the kit passthrough.

Here are some photos of the passthrough :

I did a diagram for a clearer view of the current situation :

You can see that the ethanol output signal interfers with the rear O2 signal (grey wire). I remind you that the rear O2 is not suppressed with the OFT or Wayne variant roms.

Here what the kit should be, according to the description:

Before cutting the wires of my kit, I'm taking any advices

Thank you for your insights,
Cedric
Ced67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 07:15 AM   #21
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ced67 View Post
Hello everyone,
I'm briging this topic up because I try to install the Delicious OFT flexfuel kit and I want to be sure of what I'm doing (with my installator which is used to the usual ecutek version of the kit).

Here what can be read in the kit description ( https://www.delicioustuning.com/OFT-FlexFuel ):

"For OFT, this kit features a flying lead wire that is to be routed through the right side firewall. The wire inputs ethanol percentage into the ECU via the CPC input wire located at the ECU harness..."

Read as is, it seems to be straightforward like any other kit: take the flyin wire and connect it to the ECU evap/cpc input using the green harness adapter seen earlier.

Easy...

But not that much!

My problem is that the kit does not feature any flying wire but instead the Delicious box output is connected in parallel to the rear O2 sensor which is still connected thanks to the kit passthrough.

Here are some photos of the passthrough :

I did a diagram for a clearer view of the current situation :

You can see that the ethanol output signal interfers with the rear O2 signal (grey wire). I remind you that the rear O2 is not suppressed with the OFT or Wayne variant roms.

Here what the kit should be, according to the description:

Before cutting the wires of my kit, I'm taking any advices

Thank you for your insights,
Cedric

Id check with deliceous just to be sure.

However your diagram seems correct . You pick up the positive and groumd from the rear 02 passthrough . But make sure all wires srill connect through to the rear 02 sensor so the ecu still see the rear 02 as normal . The signal wire with thte flex system voltage output need to go the evap input on ecu connectpr A35 pin 20.

Note if you have a 2017+ car you cannpt source volts or groumd from rear 02. Bit its ok on 2012-2016 cars
Old 08-15-2019, 07:27 AM   #22
Ced67

Thanks Steve,
My installator, who ordered the kit, is trying to get the informations from DT as he is used to work with them.

The passthrouh is complete so the O2 sensor is not altered.

There is just this annoying grey wire from the box that should, logically, not be connected to the passthrouhg...

Edit : I have a 2012
Old 08-15-2019, 09:27 AM   #23
Ced67

By the way,
I did a comparison with the regular ecutek kit and the lentgth of the cable going to the O2 passthrough is strangely longer than necessary:
Old 08-15-2019, 05:15 PM   #24
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ced67 View Post
Thanks Steve,
My installator, who ordered the kit, is trying to get the informations from DT as he is used to work with them.

The passthrouh is complete so the O2 sensor is not altered.

There is just this annoying grey wire from the box that should, logically, not be connected to the passthrouhg...

Edit : I have a 2012

Correct you wont want the signal wire going to passthu, jist straight to ecu evap connection. On usa cars thats likepy pinmed , but with the ecu harness it should isolate the old evap connection

You will also ned to know if the output from DT box is 0-5v or 0.5-4.5 v to setvup your ethanol scaling in tune
Old 08-15-2019, 07:46 PM   #25
Bach415

Drives: Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
@Ced67 For some reason, just looking at your pictures looks like you are using the ECUTek version of the Flex Fuel kit. IIRC the OFT version for DT Flexfuel doesn't have a pass through for the O2 Sensor. It should only has a wire that goes straight to the ECU for the evap connection and another wire for power but I could be wrong. But what you are doing is also correct in order to get the proper reading for OFT. Just remember to figure out the voltage as Steve99 said in the previous post.
Bach415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 03:54 AM   #26
Ced67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bach415 View Post
@Ced67 For some reason, just looking at your pictures looks like you are using the ECUTek version of the Flex Fuel kit. IIRC the OFT version for DT Flexfuel doesn't have a pass through for the O2 Sensor. It should only has a wire that goes straight to the ECU for the evap connection and another wire for power but I could be wrong. But what you are doing is also correct in order to get the proper reading for OFT. Just remember to figure out the voltage as Steve99 said in the previous post.
@Bach415 this is definitely not the ecutek kit. I had several in the hands and it has no passthrough. The ecutek kit goes right into the O2 connector (the sensor is deleted). It also has a third connector for the additional fuel pressure sensor.

I had some feedback thanks to my installator and it seems that it is a mistake from delicious when preparing the kit order. I gess they don't sell the oft one very often

Anyway, I had confirmation from them that my understanding of the wireing is correct: disconnect the grey wire from the O2 passthrugh and route it to the cpc.

EDIT:
I forgot to add, this is a 0.5-4.5V kit so I adapted the rom like this:
The Following User Says Thank You to Ced67 For This Useful Post:
Bach415 (08-16-2019)
Old 08-17-2019, 11:29 AM   #27
Ced67

It is installed!

Following the second diagram, your advices and Delicious instructions, I disconnected the box output (grey wire) from the passthrough and sent it to the ECU:

The reddish/black wire is the extension that goes all the way around the engine bay to the right grommet, then inside the cabin behing the dash:

Here is a very closeup of the ecu harness with the extension soldered and covered with heat shinking sleeve:

I used the Wayne CAT FLEX 147.DI, with the corected input voltages and here is a small log just to show how the ethanol content is measured (Excuse the poor ethanol ratio, aroung 54%, I had a geat load of unleaded 98 in the tank...):

https://datazap.me/u/ced67/wayne-cat...zoom=1371-6956

The correct reading is validated by the Delicious app that displayed the same % directly from the sensor.
Old 01-10-2022, 10:19 PM   #28
G_Rossney

Drives: 2013 BRZ, Limited, 6spd MT, GBS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to G_Rossney Send a message via MSN to G_Rossney Send a message via Yahoo to G_Rossney

Where are these terminal blocks. I can' seem to find them and these instructions from Delicious Tuning don't give you much detail! Any help would be appreciated! I'm trying to hook up their OFT Flex Fuel kit and I need to tap the CPC sensor and none of the termal blocks I see in my kick well look like the image.
G_Rossney is offline   Reply With Quote