follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 06-15-2012, 10:55 PM   #1
Enemies

Drives: '13 SWP Sport-Tech (Limited)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ICBC Insurance Cost

As some of you know I got my SWP BRZ Sport-Tech on the 14th and was having too much fun playing with it to post this before now but I thought I would get around to it before people didn't care anymore.

Base Cost

$1,075 - Basic Coverage (Business Use)
$252 - $3,000,000 3rd Party Liability
$1,136 - $300 Deductible Collision
$459 - $300 Deductible Comprehensive
$42 - RoadStar Package

$53 - Licence Fee
$18 - New Plate Fee
$18 - Registration Fee

I have a 43% discount so my insurance ended up costing me $1,628 for everything above.

Seemed to be a 43% discount for Basic Coversage, 50% for 3rd Party Liability, Collision and RoadStar, and then a 54% discount for Comprehensive.

If anybody has any questions I'll answer them if I'm able to. Safe driving!
Enemies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Enemies For This Useful Post:
diddy (06-16-2012)
Old 06-15-2012, 11:08 PM   #2
Enemies

Oh, guess I should state. I'm in Kelowna, BC so I'm sure the big city people will have higher rates unfortunately. Hopefully they are reasonable though. I thought the rates were really reasonable. Quite happy with them actually.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:02 PM   #3
stateless
Double Dragon

Drives: 2013 6MT BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Out of curiosity, what's your age/any accidents? That's a really good price compared to Alberta.

I'm 30, no accidents, and at AMA with $500 deductible, $1,000,000 liability and full coverage, I'll be paying $1,578 / year for personal use. If I go to business use (not a chance) it would be $3,426 / year. I also have home insurance etc with them, so that is probably after a small discount. I pay an additional $24 / year to get the purchase price back if the car gets written off.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:14 PM   #4
Heero

Drives: 2-door
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Wow... nice quote... I'm paying more then double for a car with 3rd party atm...

Post some pics of your car btw
Heero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 01:28 AM   #5
Enemies

Quote:
Originally Posted by stateless View Post
Out of curiosity, what's your age/any accidents? That's a really good price compared to Alberta.

I'm 30, no accidents, and at AMA with $500 deductible, $1,000,000 liability and full coverage, I'll be paying $1,578 / year for personal use. If I go to business use (not a chance) it would be $3,426 / year. I also have home insurance etc with them, so that is probably after a small discount. I pay an additional $24 / year to get the purchase price back if the car gets written off.
I turned 34 on Thursday. I have the maximum discount allowed in ICBC even though I accidentally rubbed up against somebody else's car a few years ago. This woman was in a rush so when she pulled in to her parking spot she parked on my side of the white line. When I went to back out my wheels were turned so I didn't back out straight and I left a scratch around 2 inches long on the side of her car. She said she got a quote from an Autobody place and said they had to replace the body panel on her car so I was like what... It wasn't even dented, just scratched where my wheel well touched up against the side of her car. I was going to pay out of pocket but the cost was insane so I had insurance cover it instead and I just paid the deductible. Long story short, I lost points but my rate didn't go up because I've been accident free a very long time.

I've long had a suspicion that maybe she tried claiming some other damage since I took pictures of the damaged area and it was a just a 2 inch area with no denting at all. But I dunno, her car looked perfect other than the scratch. Can't understand why they would've had to replace the whole panel. Or maybe repaint the whole panel. It was a few years ago now. Oh well, what can you do.

I was actually thinking Business Use would be much higher than what it was but I didn't ask for the total for each since I write-off the insurance through the company anyway so no clue what the difference is there.

My city's only around 150,000 so maybe that's why it's on the lower side. Lots of vehicle theft around here though so I'm actually surprised it's not higher.

I'm sure places like Vancouver, Toronto, Edmonton, Calgary, etc. it'll be much more expensive unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heero View Post
Wow... nice quote... I'm paying more then double for a car with 3rd party atm...

Post some pics of your car btw
I know it's going to sound bad but I haven't had a chance to really do pictures yet. Tomorrow is going to be my first day off work since I got it on Thursday so I'll try to get some done up there and maybe start a thread for Canadian BRZ's/FR-S'!

This was taken shortly after I got the vehicle. Sorry for the blurring, somebody added it to Facebook using Instagram. I never got the point of blurring out license plates so don't mind me if I don't!

I'll post more hopefully within the next couple of days.

Old 06-17-2012, 01:44 AM   #6
peazs

Drives: 2008 Honda Accord Coupe
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Looks great!
peazs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 02:17 AM   #7
truenosan

Drives: 13 Firestorm FRS
Thanks for the information. You just made my day. I also have 43% discount, so I should be paying roughly the same as you. Insurance is one factor that is helping me decide if I want to pick up a FRS.

The insurance on my 07 WRX still costs morr.
truenosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:51 AM   #8
stateless
Double Dragon

Drives: 2013 6MT BRZ Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enemies View Post
I turned 34 on Thursday. I have the maximum discount allowed in ICBC even though I accidentally rubbed up against somebody else's car a few years ago. This woman was in a rush so when she pulled in to her parking spot she parked on my side of the white line. When I went to back out my wheels were turned so I didn't back out straight and I left a scratch around 2 inches long on the side of her car. She said she got a quote from an Autobody place and said they had to replace the body panel on her car so I was like what... It wasn't even dented, just scratched where my wheel well touched up against the side of her car. I was going to pay out of pocket but the cost was insane so I had insurance cover it instead and I just paid the deductible. Long story short, I lost points but my rate didn't go up because I've been accident free a very long time.

I've long had a suspicion that maybe she tried claiming some other damage since I took pictures of the damaged area and it was a just a 2 inch area with no denting at all. But I dunno, her car looked perfect other than the scratch. Can't understand why they would've had to replace the whole panel. Or maybe repaint the whole panel. It was a few years ago now. Oh well, what can you do.

I was actually thinking Business Use would be much higher than what it was but I didn't ask for the total for each since I write-off the insurance through the company anyway so no clue what the difference is there.

My city's only around 150,000 so maybe that's why it's on the lower side. Lots of vehicle theft around here though so I'm actually surprised it's not higher.

I'm sure places like Vancouver, Toronto, Edmonton, Calgary, etc. it'll be much more expensive unfortunately.

I know it's going to sound bad but I haven't had a chance to really do pictures yet. Tomorrow is going to be my first day off work since I got it on Thursday so I'll try to get some done up there and maybe start a thread for Canadian BRZ's/FR-S'!

This was taken shortly after I got the vehicle. Sorry for the blurring, somebody added it to Facebook using Instagram. I never got the point of blurring out license plates so don't mind me if I don't!

I'll post more hopefully within the next couple of days.
Yeah, no way a panel should have to be replaced for that, it would just need repainting. A while ago someone in a truck turned into my rear bumper from the side and left a long scrape (this was while driving and I still don't understand how he couldn't see me considering my entire car was nearly in front of his, but he appeared hung over or something and had been driving erratically). I got it fixed and his insurance had to pay for it (he tried to lie and fight it and lost), but it was just a repaint of the bumper (cost a bit under 1k).

I look forward to more pictures!
Old 06-18-2012, 11:03 PM   #9
delsol97

Drives: none
Is yours sitting in the showroom?

I was looking at one that was already sold today.
delsol97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:33 AM   #10
CoryUyede
NisSubuGuru?

Drives: 2011 Subaru WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by truenosan View Post
Thanks for the information. You just made my day. I also have 43% discount, so I should be paying roughly the same as you. Insurance is one factor that is helping me decide if I want to pick up a FRS.

The insurance on my 07 WRX still costs morr.
does it seriously?..have you verified this?

I've priced out BOTH the FRS and BRZ (same rates) with ICBC. Over the Entire year, my 2011 WRX is like $40 cheaper than the Twins.

Past to Present
CoryUyede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:51 AM   #11
truenosan

Drives: 13 Firestorm FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryUyede View Post
does it seriously?..have you verified this?

I've priced out BOTH the FRS and BRZ (same rates) with ICBC. Over the Entire year, my 2011 WRX is like $40 cheaper than the Twins.
I haven't confirmed the cost of insurance on a FRS yet in the lower mainland. But for my 07 WRX, with 43% discount, I pay about $178/month. (with full coverage and max liability etc)
truenosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:42 AM   #12
IchigoIchie

Drives: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by delsol97 View Post

Was it in Vernon? Or at Anthony's?
IchigoIchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:01 AM   #13
Enemies

Quote:
Originally Posted by delsol97 View Post

Were you asking me, sorry? Mine is thankfully sitting in my driveway. At least it was before this thunderstorm started... Nice winds. Going to have to pick up stuff all over my yard tomorrow.

I talked to Anthony yesterday when I went in to pick up my BRZ Manual. There is one there in the showroom. It's the 2nd SWP Sport-Tech to arrive. I believe the guy who pre-ordered it is out of town right now. Gotta love timing.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:41 PM   #14
jmah88

Drives: 2013 SUBARU SWP BRZ
Garage
I am currently paying 2100 for my BRZ. With 35% discount.
jmah88 is offline   Reply With Quote