follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 02-15-2014, 07:54 PM   #29
andalicious

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S, 2012 VWJetta TDI
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I say Monogram FR-S since only 2000 will be made and that will be split up amoung the colors and transmissions so you would have a very rare car. For example if you got a Whiteout manual monogram that's one of around only 150 that will be made.
andalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 08:00 PM   #30
993Fan

Drives: 2014 DGM BRZ MT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickleahoy View Post
It sure as hell aint leather on either wheels though. My hands sweat like crazy while holding on to this faux shit it has "wrapped" on
Sweaty hands notwithstanding, the Monroney sticker for my BRZ lists leather-wrapped steering wheel & shift knob.
993Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 08:09 PM   #31
993Fan

Drives: 2014 DGM BRZ MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
Not true. FR-S has a leather-like stitching that surrounds the "horn". BRZ is just flat.
I hope it's fake stitching for the fake leather in the center, just for consistency's sake! Not sure what the point of actually stitching vinyl would be...
993Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 08:21 PM   #32
oldpueblo

Drives: Scion FR-S 10 #853
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Handy spreadsheet:

http://sdrv.ms/16hKTVx
oldpueblo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to oldpueblo For This Useful Post:
Burrcold (02-15-2014), GreenMonster (04-09-2014), humfrz (02-16-2014), jipstyle (02-07-2016)
Old 02-15-2014, 08:48 PM   #33
Burrcold

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,586 Times in 776 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpueblo View Post
Handy spreadsheet:

I always like when this sheet gets updated. Thanks!
Old 02-15-2014, 08:54 PM   #34
FiRStsc10n
Canadian FR-S Member

Drives: FR-S '10 Series'
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpueblo View Post
Handy spreadsheet:

You know $25 extra cost of a 10 Series is worth it when it comes with "HOLY SHIT SILVER SEATBELTS"
FiRStsc10n is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FiRStsc10n For This Useful Post:
Burrcold (02-15-2014)
Old 02-15-2014, 10:55 PM   #35
DaJo
FT86Club Vancouver

Drives: BRZ Sport-Tech; Drove: MR-S, AE86
Thanked 1,178 Times in 633 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Monogram Series also don't have Door Courtesy Lights

2013 BRZ Sport-Tech 6AT
Since '12 (OEM+ STI tS Build)
2015 Lexus IS250 AWD F-Sport 2 2015-2018
2018 Lexus NX300 F-Sport 3 Since '18
DaJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 01:42 PM   #36
Speeeddemon99

Drives: 2014 Raven FR-S monogram
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by asianbob View Post
Lol I need popcorn

Speeeddemon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:07 PM   #37
Pegasus

Drives: 2014 Whiteout Monogram FR-S M/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznBRZer View Post
Weren't you bitching in another thread about how you couldn't understand why ANYONE would want any of that extra crap in a BRZ Limited and NOW you're saying you're getting a Monogram?

Oh ok. Now EVERYTHING makes sense. I guess all your bluster about having a "purists' car" was nothing but you just being a special 17 year old snowflake getting a brand new $29k car. Congrats to you.
I believe you are referring to my rant on why I do not understand why someone would get an Automatic in this car instead of a manual. I am sure you will find it given the time. But it was not anything about the amount of add ons or luxury. 20 odd pounds for a Navi isn't much of a reason for someone to get upset on purism IMO.

Indeed I am a 17 year old SnowFlake from an upper middle class family. But I fail to see your issue with my race and my age? Why are those facts highlights in your post? Were you not 17 and believed yourself to know everything aswell at one time? Never the matter, I do not base my feelings of acceptance on an internet troll.
Pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:01 PM   #38
AznBRZer

Drives: 16 CBS WRX Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
I believe you are referring to my rant on why I do not understand why someone would get an Automatic in this car instead of a manual. I am sure you will find it given the time. But it was not anything about the amount of add ons or luxury. 20 odd pounds for a Navi isn't much of a reason for someone to get upset on purism IMO.
ORLY? Cause you've had more than one rant about it. In matter of fact, more than a couple in multiple posts in multiple threads. I guess you have a hard time keeping up with them. Lemme help you with that one:

Quote:
Elitism maybe, but that appears to be the purpose of this car is it not? Why would one buy this car over a Mustang?
Comfort? Certainly not.
Power? Hardly.
Looks? Nope.
Value? I think otherwise.
Patriotism? Not a chance.
Even fuel economy is better in the mustang.

To me, the only conceivable reason for buying these cars is the purist ideology. On paper this car is murdered by everything, in performance and as a daily driver. The purity of the drive is the only take away of this car, and the only on I need. So for me the manual is the obvious choice. Of course this is all in my own opinion and we likely will have to agree to disagree in the end.

But that is how I think of the matter. I am sorry if you do not like it.
BTW, the point you seem to keep missing is that people buy this car for different reasons and YOUR reason isn't the ONLY correct reason. Admitting that you're being snobby on "ideological grounds" isn't the definition of having an open mind.

Quote:
Indeed I am a 17 year old SnowFlake from an upper middle class family. But I fail to see your issue with my race and my age? Why are those facts highlights in your post? Were you not 17 and believed yourself to know everything aswell at one time? Never the matter, I do not base my feelings of acceptance on an internet troll.
I'll let you educate yourself on the term "special snowflake" and at 17, I knew better than to pretend that I knew everything or that my ideas are the only right ideas because only insecure ignorant tools do that.

If you can't see where I'm going with this AFTER I've spelled it out on different occasions, you might want to look into reading comprehension lessons.

tl;dr: I don't care that you're 17 or that your folks have a lot of money, but stop acting like you're hot shit because you learned to drive stick 3 weeks ago and "realized" that only "cool" people drive stick. If you were a REAL balla, you'd get an auto because it costs more, which ups the snob appeal...you know...since you're into that kinda stuff.
AznBRZer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AznBRZer For This Useful Post:
Simon99 (03-11-2014)
Old 02-16-2014, 10:06 PM   #39
LadyFRZ
Car N00b

Drives: 97 Miata
Thanked 1,167 Times in 450 Posts
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Everytime I see a @Pegasus post...

God forbid some people have different needs than you. The automatic in this car is amazing and most of my family doesn't know how to drive a manual, so if any emergency ever came up, I wouldn't be out of luck when I buy a twin.

Also, it all comes down to which front end you like better. Do you have better experiences at the Toyota dealership down the street, did the Subaru dealership screw you over? They're both great cars, can't go wrong with either.
LadyFRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LadyFRZ For This Useful Post:
AznBRZer (02-16-2014), SirBrass (02-16-2014)
Old 02-16-2014, 11:25 PM   #40
Pegasus

Drives: 2014 Whiteout Monogram FR-S M/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznBRZer View Post
ORLY? Cause you've had more than one rant about it. In matter of fact, more than a couple in multiple posts in multiple threads. I guess you have a hard time keeping up with them. Lemme help you with that one:

Congratulations, you found one occasion of me ranting

BTW, the point you seem to keep missing is that people buy this car for different reasons and YOUR reason isn't the ONLY correct reason. Admitting that you're being snobby on "ideological grounds" isn't the definition of having an open mind.

If you wish to engage an argument, it would be wise to have sustainable material to back it. Since you did not give any to date, I will assume the other reasons for purchasing this car besides purism is a short list.

I'll let you educate yourself on the term "special snowflake" and at 17, I knew better than to pretend that I knew everything or that my ideas are the only right ideas because only insecure ignorant tools do that.

If you can't see where I'm going with this AFTER I've spelled it out on different occasions, you might want to look into reading comprehension lessons.

tl;dr: I don't care that you're 17 or that your folks have a lot of money, but stop acting like you're hot shit because you learned to drive stick 3 weeks ago and "realized" that only "cool" people drive stick. If you were a REAL balla, you'd get an auto because it costs more, which ups the snob appeal...you know...since you're into that kinda stuff.
I apologize for my lack of street knowledge, as you would imagine I am not in a very street smart area. But I fail to see where I act like I am hot stuff. It is not the impression I wish to give. I personally enjoy driving for it's enjoyment and believe M/T enhances that experience.

If you are offended by my lack of understanding for people getting an auto FR-S, I would suggest you agree with me to disagree with eachother.

Last edited by Pegasus; 02-16-2014 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Bolding my words
Pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 11:56 PM   #41
SirBrass
Trust me, I'm the Doctor

Drives: 2019 WRX Limited (WRB)
Thanked 1,251 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Garage
I think his "hot shit" attitude comes by the fact that he's 17 & doesn't know any better.

And it makes me cringe thinking I could have been like that at 17 & not known any differently.

I'm on my phone so if I make mistakes, blame Sportsguy83

^GT5 Replay Photo Mode^
SirBrass is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SirBrass For This Useful Post:
AirborneDeth (02-17-2014), AznBRZer (02-17-2014), M-17 (02-17-2014)
Old 02-17-2014, 12:23 AM   #42
AznBRZer

Drives: 16 CBS WRX Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
I apologize for my lack of street knowledge, as you would imagine I am not in a very street smart area. But I fail to see where I act like I am hot stuff. It is not the impression I wish to give. I personally enjoy driving for it's enjoyment and believe M/T enhances that experience.

If you are offended by my lack of understanding for people getting an auto FR-S, I would suggest you agree with me to disagree with eachother.
If you want me to go dumpter diving into your posts, you'll have to pay me as I have no interest in doing so. The only reason why I pulled that one is because it was one to which I never responded.

I have to admit, it really perplexes me that even after someone else pointing out the flaw in your "logic," in very simple terms, that you still can't figure it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBrass View Post
I think his "hot shit" attitude comes by the fact that he's 17 & doesn't know any better.

And it makes me cringe thinking I could have been like that at 17 & not known any differently.

I'm on my phone so if I make mistakes, blame Sportsguy83
Funny, I didn't think I was hot shit until I was about 21. Girls and booze tend to do that...more of the latter than the former though...

Oh and I blame Sportsguy83 more often than I blame Obama.
AznBRZer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AznBRZer For This Useful Post:
SirBrass (02-17-2014)