follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 01-14-2015, 02:22 PM   #1
post_break
Professional Smartass

Drives: White Out FRS
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Thumbs up Moto-East tuning

I've had almost every tuner under the sun. Starting with Visconti, then Delicious, then Kraftwerks, and finally ending up with Moto-East. I won't go into the other people because this thread isn't about them.

That said, Mike has taken care of me. My car is a little custom. Visconti flex fuel kit using rear O2, AEM wideband connected to rear evap, Kraftwerks C30, 540cc injectors.

Now the car was running OK before but I was only on 93 and I couldn't pass inspection. Mike was able to get it dialed in on 93 and then up to E85. I can now pass inspection and the car goes like stink.

At first it was scary, fueling was way off and I was extremely skiddish after working with other tuners. He calmed my nerves and we slowly worked our way to where the car is now.

I should add he's been prompt and courteous during this whole ordeal even when he was sick, christmas, and his shop was getting overhauled. Lots of same day sunday revisions sent out.

I highly recommend him.
post_break is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to post_break For This Useful Post:
-Phil (01-17-2016), diodelphi (02-05-2015), dp1 (01-14-2015), Toyota86.ir (03-05-2016)
Old 01-14-2015, 02:33 PM   #2
Parikh1234

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Im dropping my car off this weekend to have him fix a terrible JR / Prime Motoring hackjob. I am very excited.
Old 01-14-2015, 05:18 PM   #3
dp1
driving smoother faster

Drives: Sold
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Ecutek had a little bubu with fuel cutoff at low temps that affected me. Few days later Mike sent and updated tune, car runs great. Mike's a champ and a master Ecutek tuner to boost. I still remember a slew of problems while in care of Prime/Jr, but it's becoming a distant memory...
dp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 02:21 AM   #4
diodelphi

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I had same experience and moto-mike is great tuner.
Moto-mike i think is the best tuner of brz .
diodelphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 08:40 PM   #5
Lonewolf

Drives: Moped
Thanked 2,128 Times in 1,193 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parikh1234 View Post
Im dropping my car off this weekend to have him fix a terrible JR / Prime Motoring hackjob. I am very excited.
Ha, I've heard so many good things about "Junior" though...lol

X2 on Prime Motoring...if you aren't in Florida, and towards the eastern part of the US they seem to be a solid place to go...
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 08:37 AM   #6
ajcarson11

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited (Black)
Has anyone worked with Mike/MotoEast on Remote tunes for our cars?

I ask, because i'm concerned about response time. I realize that the guys there are likely very busy, but I feel as though I've had to pry information out of them. I ordered an ecutek license and tune on 9/8, and heard nothing at all for an entire week. I inquired twice via email (giving several days in between) with no response. I then reached out over the phone 8 days after my order, and was told 'You need to email tuning@moto-east.com to put in your tuning request'. As you can imagine, I was quite frustrated to hear this, as there was no indication from anyone that I was to do this. I went ahead and emailed, and I received no response. After a few days I decided to contact Motoeast through Facebook, and finally received a response. Around midnight of day 11 I finally received contact from Mike who provided me with the tune.

I loaded the tune, things seemed fine, and I inquired about what datalogging Mike wanted me to do with the new tune to get it dialed in/safe to drive. I didn't receive a response -- I inquired a few days later on facebook, and received a response of '1-3 wot pulls', with no other information. I then received an email later that day from Mike with some more information.

I went ahead and data-logged, and sent the information back to Mike, with the understanding that the guys were probably just loaded with work and would eventually get to me. I've heard nothing but good things about Motoeast.

It has now been 8 days and I am still waiting for response back from Mike on the datalogs. I sent him a follow-up email last night. I am also waiting for them to ship a pulley I ordered, which was ordered 7 days ago. I have received no response at all in the last 8 days.

Does anyone know what the typical response time is for this sort of thing? Am I expecting too much? I'm giving the benefit of the doubt based upon Moto's reputation around the forum, and I don't feel like i'm asking too much just to stay in contact.
ajcarson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ajcarson11 For This Useful Post:
Jhood (08-25-2017)
Old 10-24-2016, 03:08 PM   #7
Soloside
-Phil's BIGGEST FAN BOI

Drives: 2014 Greddy Turbo BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
@Moto-Phil
Soloside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 03:36 PM   #8
-Phil

Drives: Rb25 neo brz
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajcarson11 View Post
Has anyone worked with Mike/MotoEast on Remote tunes for our cars?

I ask, because i'm concerned about response time. I realize that the guys there are likely very busy, but I feel as though I've had to pry information out of them. I ordered an ecutek license and tune on 9/8, and heard nothing at all for an entire week. I inquired twice via email (giving several days in between) with no response. I then reached out over the phone 8 days after my order, and was told 'You need to email tuning@moto-east.com to put in your tuning request'. As you can imagine, I was quite frustrated to hear this, as there was no indication from anyone that I was to do this. I went ahead and emailed, and I received no response. After a few days I decided to contact Motoeast through Facebook, and finally received a response. Around midnight of day 11 I finally received contact from Mike who provided me with the tune.

I loaded the tune, things seemed fine, and I inquired about what datalogging Mike wanted me to do with the new tune to get it dialed in/safe to drive. I didn't receive a response -- I inquired a few days later on facebook, and received a response of '1-3 wot pulls', with no other information. I then received an email later that day from Mike with some more information.

I went ahead and data-logged, and sent the information back to Mike, with the understanding that the guys were probably just loaded with work and would eventually get to me. I've heard nothing but good things about Motoeast.

It has now been 8 days and I am still waiting for response back from Mike on the datalogs. I sent him a follow-up email last night. I am also waiting for them to ship a pulley I ordered, which was ordered 7 days ago. I have received no response at all in the last 8 days.

Does anyone know what the typical response time is for this sort of thing? Am I expecting too much? I'm giving the benefit of the doubt based upon Moto's reputation around the forum, and I don't feel like i'm asking too much just to stay in contact.
For future reference please shoot us a call or send us an email to our contact address. Only mike can get to the tuning address and he has 100+ emails a day.

Best regards,
-Phil
-Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to -Phil For This Useful Post:
rns294 (11-17-2016)
Old 10-24-2016, 05:30 PM   #9
ajcarson11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Phil View Post
For future reference please shoot us a call or send us an email to our contact address. Only mike can get to the tuning address and he has 100+ emails a day.

Best regards,
-Phil
Thanks Phil -- My expectations were set appropriately by Mike in the last few emails I've had with him. I just had no idea where things stood or what I should be expecting.

I've sent many emails to the normal contact email (contact@moto-east.com or similar) and have not received a response on any of the last 3 or 4. Before purchasing I received prompt responses, but after purchasing I emailed asking for order updates and never received return mail. I was able to get quick responses through Facebook, so I eventually opted for that route instead.

Thanks,

Andrew
Old 10-25-2016, 11:25 AM   #10
Xero-Limit

Drives: JDL Turbo FRS, 335SC BRZ (ret)
Thanked 1,547 Times in 525 Posts
Mentioned: 380 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Folks, we're going to emphasize this here because most people don't see how the workflow is when it comes to remote tuning. Any given day we get online orders and tune revisions that we simply cannot predict. When we come back into the office on a Monday we might find 7 tune requests, 25 revisions etc... This means that sometimes it may be a week, maybe two, maybe just a day or two depending on things. Sometimes things get missed. Sometimes things are slow and we can knock out all the requests very quickly.

The "easy" emails are often answered first and quickly. The tune and revision requests need to be addressed at a set time away from distractions. Since it is just me doing the tuning, handling the shop issues, customer issues, you will sometimes have to wait. Frequently there is the expectation that we email an ETA or something along those lines, but the problem with that is it shows up as responded to email on our backend which then means a proper response is never sent. We have tried utilizing a ticketing system but unfortunately that gets spammed with general questions and other issues that have no bearing on tuning. So for this reason we generally stick with email.

Please keep in mind that with most other commercial tuners you will find very much the same situation. We have to keep the calendar full to stay in business, and that means there has to be a queue that we follow to get folks taken care of. We area always reachable by phone if there is a critical issues (i.e. car not running) or if your request may have been missed.
Xero-Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Xero-Limit For This Useful Post:
ajcarson11 (10-25-2016), brybot (12-29-2016), rns294 (11-17-2016)
Old 10-25-2016, 03:57 PM   #11
ajcarson11

To follow-up on my original post: Mike and Moto have set my expectations (after the initial confusion and concern) and I'm happy with the work they have done. My original post wasn't a knock against them or their work.

Thanks Mike and Phil!
The Following User Says Thank You to ajcarson11 For This Useful Post:
Xero-Limit (10-26-2016)

Tags
moto-east tuned