follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides

DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides For all DIYs.

User Tag List

Old 11-26-2017, 11:05 PM   #71
arthur93

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hi all,

I intend on using the rally sport direct walk through to wiring my autometer gauges. I will be using the block8head gauge pod so will be located at the vent next to the steering wheel but on top of the dash.

I have a question in regards to wiring my power cable. I was looking at the autometer wiring diagram, and it just has one power cable; not two like the defi. According to the walk through, with the defi gauge, need to wire to 12V constant and 12V ignition.

Here is an image of mine below.

It shows a key hole image for the power source so I am thinking I need to wire the one cable to my ignition source. Am I correct?

Also, I will be running 3 gauges; would running all 3 power cables to the same ignition cable be safe? Will I need to add a higher amp fuse to avoid blowing fuses?

Thanks in advance.

Instagram: artym93
arthur93 is offline   Reply With Quote