follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 11-24-2011, 09:36 PM   #29
Hawx
Skill is key

Drives: Mazda 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazu View Post
Is this the S16 concept car? If it is, I'm getting the FR-S for sure.
I don't think that's it (at least I hope it's not), doesn't remind me of a silvia at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripjammer View Post
Man that thing is ugly! Come on Nissan you can do better!
+1
Hawx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:55 PM   #30
Matador
hashiryu

Drives: Mk4 Supra
Photoshop of the Nissan sport compact concept from some years aback. It's the car that became the Tiida.

is Nissan really presenting an S16 concept? The FT-86 isn't even out yet and already it's lighting a fire under everyone's ass ....
The 'FT' stands for 'forgot topic'.
Matador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:12 PM   #31
iff2mastamatt
Feeling Iffy?

Drives: it like I stole it
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I want to see this thing in hi-res photos!
iff2mastamatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:31 PM   #32
Snoopyalien24
Mr. Sarcasm

Drives: 2016 VW Jetta TSI Sport 5-Speed
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kids Heart View Post
Official Nissan S16 Silvia concept. About the only thing that will keep me from buying the FRS.
I wouldn't mind something sleek and low with these lines:

I would like to see Nissan and Honda get in to cheap Front engine, Rear-wheel drive in the $19k-$24k range.
Snoopyalien24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 06:59 AM   #33
Infernal
NO FI?! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Drives: BMW e92 330D
a new s16, rx-7, gt-s will only come out if the ft-86 starts pulling big chunks away from buying other types of car - there needs to be a market for it!

I'm looking forward to pricing and finding out about the wing from the gazoo 24h car (if its from subaru catalogue or not)
Old 11-25-2011, 07:25 AM   #34
tripjammer

Drives: WRB BRZ limited 6MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Nissan will definately come out with a new Silvia..they got the new engines...either the 1.6 liter turbo in the juke or the upcoming 2.5 liter supercharged 4 cylinder in the 2013 Altima.

The just need a small rwd platform...oh wait they got that too...370z.

They could do this for mid $20k. But will they make it pretty.

Honda needs to do it to...to redeem themselves...but go rwd in a new integra...
tripjammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 04:25 PM   #35
aliphian
Dreamer

Drives: Nutless Grocery Getter
Quote:
Nissan will definately come out with a new Silvia..they got the new engines...either the 1.6 liter turbo in the juke or the upcoming 2.5 liter supercharged 4 cylinder in the 2013 Altima.

If only.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
aliphian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 07:27 PM   #36
gabb6472

Drives: subaru forester 2007
I would like to know further about the 'open to aftermarket modding' side of things that has been talked about. R.e customisable ECU, warranty voiding things?
gabb6472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:51 PM   #37
Longhorn248
Hook 'em

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Garage
Quote:

It would be great to see other manufacturers get into the game. Competition only leads to innovation and lower prices, which are both good for us as the consumers.
Longhorn248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 02:34 AM   #38
WingsofWar
MODERATOR-SAMA

Drives: Swagtron Scooter
Thanked 1,561 Times in 524 Posts
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
^ so far from my insiders knowledge, I know the next Mazda RX-x will be going back to its early roots when Ikudo Maeda gets the greenlight. EG, lightweight rotary turbo. which will be shared platform with next gen miata..and you heard rumors of how light the MX-5 is getting next time around..

i haven't heard any news of Nissan bringing back Silvia platform. From what i understood Nissan has a 10 and 20 year plan, which included downsizing the number of platforms. And only 1 platform is FR layout but falls under mid-sized catagory. The 370z is the smallest of the FM-platform and its still a big car. Meaning if Silvia is released under FM platform it will not achieve a lightweight frame.

If they were to succeed in bringing out the Silvia, they would have to revive the discontinued S-platform or release a new platform which is highly unlikely with Renault at the helm of development. And build a brand new 4 cylinder as the MR16DDT found in the juke has horrible performance engineering, regardless if it runs a very fucking advanced head design. CVTCS/behive valvesprings/sodium filled valves/ect...

aka Silvia is a dead idea and i cant see any reason why Nissan would play with the thought with the Z still big part of Nissan's image.
Old 11-26-2011, 02:38 AM   #39
tripjammer

Drives: WRB BRZ limited 6MT
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn248 View Post
It would be great to see other manufacturers get into the game. Competition only leads to innovation and lower prices, which are both good for us as the consumers.

There is a rumor that Honda is going to bring back the S2000, NSX and the Integra. If you think about it, Honda has no RWD cars. Why did honda kill the S2000, integra\RSX, and prelude? I can understand the NSX, it was way overpriced!

And there is a rumor that Nissan is going to bring back the Silvia in RWD or AWD. And Toyota is going to bring back the Supra.

If this happens it is all because of the Genesis Coupe and the FT-86.

Now we need somebody to make a 4 cylinder 200HP plus lightweight RWD sports sedan!

Life will be grand!
tripjammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 03:37 AM   #40
WingsofWar
MODERATOR-SAMA

Drives: Swagtron Scooter
Thanked 1,561 Times in 524 Posts
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quote:
There is a rumor that Honda is going to bring back the S2000, NSX and the Integra. If you think about it, Honda has no RWD cars. Why did honda kill the S2000, integra\RSX, and prelude? I can understand the NSX, it was way overpriced!
Sales sales sales, The Civic and Accord vastly overshadowed Integra and prelude which led to their lack of sales. The S2000 became too expensive and too impractical towards its last years leading up to bad economy. Basically Honda committed suicide with the integra and prelude by making the Civic and Accord too good and overlap the platforms making them useless.

Quote:
And there is a rumor that Nissan is going to bring back the Silvia in RWD or AWD. And Toyota is going to bring back the Supra.
This has been an ongoing rumor that has never found credible sources, and manufacturers are repeatedly denied claims of such things.

Quote:
If this happens it is all because of the Genesis Coupe and the FT-86.
No it wont, if companies bring back their old quick ponies its because the market sounds safe to do it. Not because a company is doing well with a halo car. Trying to rival other manufacturers by responding with a competitive car is actually somewhat dangerous playing grounds and can lead to company catastrophe. Marketing and Analysis is very complicated and can take months to years to finish gathering data for review to see what consumers WANT vs NEED vs RISK.
Old 11-26-2011, 04:21 AM   #41
Brody8877
Lurker

Drives: 93 Mazda RX-7
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsofWar View Post
^ so far from my insiders knowledge, I know the next Mazda RX-x will be going back to its early roots when Ikudo Maeda gets the greenlight. EG, lightweight rotary turbo. which will be shared platform with next gen miata..and you heard rumors of how light the MX-5 is getting next time around..

i haven't heard any news of Nissan bringing back Silvia platform. From what i understood Nissan has a 10 and 20 year plan, which included downsizing the number of platforms. And only 1 platform is FR layout but falls under mid-sized catagory. The 370z is the smallest of the FM-platform and its still a big car. Meaning if Silvia is released under FM platform it will not achieve a lightweight frame.

If they were to succeed in bringing out the Silvia, they would have to revive the discontinued S-platform or release a new platform which is highly unlikely with Renault at the helm of development. And build a brand new 4 cylinder as the MR16DDT found in the juke has horrible performance engineering, regardless if it runs a very fucking advanced head design. CVTCS/behive valvesprings/sodium filled valves/ect...

aka Silvia is a dead idea and i cant see any reason why Nissan would play with the thought with the Z still big part of Nissan's image.

4thgen RX7 never gonna happen /chat
Brody8877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 06:04 AM   #42
Levi

Drives: Toyota
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
What? Nissan Silvia, Honda S2000, Toyota Supra? Looks like I'am going to leave the european gentlemen cars and turn to JDM.

I am waiting for high-res pics, specs, pricing, release date, details on options/accessories and STI/TRD performance parts.
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote