follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 05-06-2012, 06:16 PM   #15
ucmecheng

Drives: 2013 CBS BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucmecheng View Post
One of my favorite parts of the styling is the roof. You can kinda tell in a couple of the pictures, but the indentation in the middle really looks nice, and since the car is so low to the ground its easy to see and be impressed with.
Best place to see this is in the last picture.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:22 PM   #16
Sushi
Sugoi

Drives: Supra (Mk III)
First of all, thanks for the quick review.

DGM does look like sex! Still trying to decide between DGM and silver, will probably have to see them in person to finally decide.

I'm glad that you liked the audio system, it was one of my worries as well.

Just wondering, how was the rear seats? Is it comparable to an RX8's? I can sit in the rear seats of an RX8 alright (I'm quite small, 5"4'), so I was hoping it would be about the same size. It's just nice to know that I can bring my friends along when I want to (they're about the same size as me as well).
Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:39 PM   #17
kensic

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi View Post

DGM does look like sex! Still trying to decide between DGM and silver, will probably have to see them in person to finally decide.

Just wondering, how was the rear seats? Is it comparable to an RX8's? I can sit in the rear seats of an RX8 alright (I'm quite small, 5"4'), so I was hoping it would be about the same size. It's just nice to know that I can bring my friends along when I want to (they're about the same size as me as well).
hehe i wanted to ask this question also, my gf and all her female friends are all between 5'0 to 5'3. so i would only be driving them around which i dont mind
kensic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:41 PM   #18
Grateful Dave
2nd 86 member

Drives: 2013 Asphalt AT FR-S
Quote:
Few more pics for the DGM fans...

If the DGM is the same color as the Scion Asphalt and it probably is. I'm real happy.

That is the color I chose for my FR-S and I was having my doubts. I wasn't sure about the metallic aspect. I didn't want the color to look like flat dark grey. I wanted sparkly metallic grey. The Scion/ Subaru website pictures make it look like the flat grey and I've only seen 2 other pics of an Asphalt 86 from Japan. I like all the other colors but after seeing your pics, there is no doubt that I chose the right color for me.
Thanks for the pics.

Last edited by Grateful Dave; 05-06-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Grateful Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:43 PM   #19
Chee-Hu

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
^^^Sushi, the car I saw was a silver one. To be honest, currently having a silver car, I kind of liked it. I wish I would have seen it outside to really compare how it looks with the sun shining on it against my ASM RSX though.

In regards to the back seat, I'd have to say the RX-8 is a little roomier imo. It doesn't look fun for anyone riding back there.
Chee-Hu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:45 PM   #20
Sonex51

Drives: BRZ Limited (Pre-ordered). WR Blue
The rear seats never concerned me much since I will only use them for small bags, laptop, etc ...
I was cool as long as I could seat my wife comfortably in the passenger's seat and maybe put my kid sister in the back if we take her somewhere.

I just got my wife a CX-5 AWD that we'll use if we have to get anywhere with large bags or bring anyone else. It's got the tech package so I won't be missing the navi. Frankly it gets better mileage too, lol...

Back on track though ...
I LOVE that roof!
I also really like how low that thing is stock.
/sigh ... It's going to be so fun to dive! .... when it arrives ...
Old 05-06-2012, 06:54 PM   #21
CLTBRZ

Drives: DGM DZE/01
Quote:

I'm 6'1" and was able to fit a 5'6" person behind me comfortably enough for a moderate drive, though I wouldn't subject anyone to >30min. in the back seat. I won't need to do this personally since this is a secondary vehicle but I was curious as to the size. I'm mostly torso with squat little legs though (thanks rugby/wrestling), so your mileage may vary.
CLTBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:02 PM   #22
ucmecheng

Garage
Quote:

The rear seats were pretty small... I adjusted the front seat to where I felt comfortable (I'm 6'0" but have proportionately long legs) and there was maybe 3" of space between the front of the lower rear seat cushion and the rear of the front seat. I could move the seat up more, but it would probably be cramped to shift, etc.

So in other words... I'll mirror what others have said. It's doable to have people in the back seat, but I don't think anyone will be that comfortable doing it.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:12 PM   #23
Sushi
Sugoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chee-Hu View Post
^^^Sushi, the car I saw was a silver one. To be honest, currently having a silver car, I kind of liked it. I wish I would have seen it outside to really compare how it looks with the sun shining on it against my ASM RSX though.

In regards to the back seat, I'd have to say the RX-8 is a little roomier imo. It doesn't look fun for anyone riding back there.
Yeah, the reason I am still 50/50 between DGM and silver is that I've seen many dark grey colors on other cars and it looks dayyuuummm! But DGM looks a bit too dark in most pictures so I can't really make up my mind yet. I love silver as it shows the curves reeeeaaallllyyyy well The silver always look good in pictures haha. So yeah need to see them both in real life to finally decide.

Hope the BRZ/GT86 comes to my country soon so I can test it out and hopefully fit in the rear seats lol.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:17 PM   #24
ucmecheng

Garage
Quote:
Yeah, the reason I am still 50/50 between DGM and silver is that I've seen many dark grey colors on other cars and it looks dayyuuummm! But DGM looks a bit too dark in most pictures so I can't really make up my mind yet. I love silver as it shows the curves reeeeaaallllyyyy well The silver always look good in pictures haha. So yeah need to see them both in real life to finally decide.

Hope the BRZ/GT86 comes to my country soon so I can test it out and hopefully fit in the rear seats lol.
The metallic flakes in the DGM are really nice - they shimmer a lot (to use a girly word). The only downside I saw of the DGM is that in certain lights it looks a little purple-ish. I wouldn't say its a DARK dark gray, but its definitely not light.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:18 PM   #25
Sushi
Sugoi

CLTBRZ & ucemecheng, thanks for the reply.

Kind of reassuring, probably won't be driving with my friends along for more than 30mins anyway, and if me and my friends are planning on going on a long road trip, one of their bigger cars will do haha.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:24 PM   #26
Sushi
Sugoi

Quote:
The metallic flakes in the DGM are really nice - they shimmer a lot (to use a girly word). The only downside I saw of the DGM is that in certain lights it looks a little purple-ish. I wouldn't say its a DARK dark gray, but its definitely not light.
Is it kind of similar to... let's say a dark grey Toyota Yaris?

I've seen one of this in real life, and this is the kind of dark grey I like!
Old 05-06-2012, 07:27 PM   #27
ucmecheng

Garage
Quote:
Is it kind of similar to... let's say a dark grey Toyota Yaris?

I've seen one of this in real life, and this is the kind of dark grey I like!
It's a little darker than that, and definitely more metallic. I swear there are some purple-ish hues in it but it may just be my eyes.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:39 PM   #28
Sushi
Sugoi

I actually like the DGM in the pics you took, but not sure if it's just the lighting.