follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 09-21-2015, 10:42 PM   #43
ATaraxias

Drives: 1994 Geo Metro Hatchback
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
uh yea no. Good luck finding any court anywhere that would force anyone to ever even think about complying with a contract that is not formally written or signed. Especially when the vendor has literally done everything every other company routinely does for the exact same situation.
You might as well just post, "I know nothing about contract formation, commercial law or the UCC." To anyone who has taken a basic contracts class, that's what your post already looks like, complete inanity.
ATaraxias is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ATaraxias For This Useful Post:
fumanchu1 (04-05-2016)
Old 09-22-2015, 08:56 AM   #44
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
Thanked 5,759 Times in 3,055 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to King Tut
Why do I see this ending in small claims court? Perhaps we can get Judge Judy or ole Wapner on the case? I would love to see how that would play out.
Old 09-22-2015, 11:28 AM   #45
Dave-ROR
Site Moderator

Drives: Stuff
Thanked 5,965 Times in 2,689 Posts
Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@CZP View Post
Hey Aaron,

I hope I can clear this up. As I stated in our emails, I would gladly receive all the parts back to me with no penalty to you at all. (100% refund, no shipping fees, etc.) I even offered to credit you back for the missing part with additional money to find the part from another vendor.

Our policies on our site show that there is a $50 chargeback fee if a dispute is made. I tried to let you know that so that you do not get charged $50. I have tries to help in every situation, but I am being accused of stealing. I have offered to receive everything back to with no fees to you.

I tried to get the other half of the order from being shipped, but it shipped directly from the manufacturer, and it was already too late.

If you check my feedback, you will see that I have no negative revewis (pending this whole transaction), and there is a reason for that.

I do apologize for any inconvenience to you, and am always ready to help you (even receiving all the parts back with no fees to you)
The very fact that you do something so unethical and petty as pass chargeback fees to customers is reason enough to avoid your company. The rest of this thread isn't even needed.

I'm glad to see that you did try to make it right, and the OP is being a little unreasonable IMO. But I'd still never place an order from you with that policy in place.
Tow: 2022 F-450
Toys: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Parts: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited, 2005 Acura TSX
Projects: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited track car build
FS: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 LT CCSB 8.1/Allison with 99k miles
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 09:06 PM   #46
White64Goat

Drives: 13 BRZ CBS LTD MT, 02 WRX
Thanked 1,111 Times in 627 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
And maybe next time you order parts from anyone, you call or e-mail them first to see if they actually have the item(s) IN STOCK, IN HAND. When I need parts for any of my cars and I call someone and they say: "yeah, I've got one in stock", I ask them to go and actually pull the item and hold it for me so I don't drive there and they go, whoops musta been sold and the inventory hadn't changed yet.
White64Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 10:39 AM   #47
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
Thanked 5,759 Times in 3,055 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to King Tut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
The very fact that you do something so unethical and petty as pass chargeback fees to customers is reason enough to avoid your company. The rest of this thread isn't even needed.

I'm glad to see that you did try to make it right, and the OP is being a little unreasonable IMO. But I'd still never place an order from you with that policy in place.
Yeah, I am kind of surprised they have that policy publicly written on their website. I would think that would violate their agreement with the credit card companies or whatever vendor they use to charge credit cards.
Old 09-23-2015, 11:08 AM   #48
LOLS2K
/scion

Drives: '13 86 M/T
Thanked 1,402 Times in 786 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Wow, this still hasn't been settled huh?
LOLS2K is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LOLS2K For This Useful Post:
MisterSheep (04-05-2016)
Old 09-23-2015, 11:29 AM   #49
Dave-ROR
Site Moderator

Drives: Stuff
Thanked 5,965 Times in 2,689 Posts
Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
Yeah, I am kind of surprised they have that policy publicly written on their website. I would think that would violate their agreement with the credit card companies or whatever vendor they use to charge credit cards.
It's usually not but depends on the service provider. However most companies just consider it a cost of doing business and try to avoid chargebacks through other means (like customer service).
Tow: 2022 F-450
Toys: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Parts: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited, 2005 Acura TSX
Projects: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited track car build
FS: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 LT CCSB 8.1/Allison with 99k miles
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dave-ROR For This Useful Post:
raven1231 (09-24-2015)
Old 09-23-2015, 12:13 PM   #50
Mike@CZP

Drives: Scion
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Credit companies charge us fees when customers initiate a chargeback claim. We want to help avoid that by having the customer contact us first so that we can get it settled. Before implementing this, we would have instances where people would initiate chargebacks without even contacting us first, and then we get hit with fees for it.

Chargeback claims are usually for instances where the customer does not receive the product and the vendor is refusing to refund the customer. In this case, I am at no point refusing to refund the customer. I have tried to offer several options where I could refund the customer. I would refund the full order, but the customer has the overpipe and is not returning it free of charge. At no point in this situation was a chargeback initiation even a valid course of action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
It's usually not but depends on the service provider. However most companies just consider it a cost of doing business and try to avoid chargebacks through other means (like customer service).
Mike@CZP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 01:51 PM   #51
ATaraxias

Quote:
Credit companies charge us fees when customers initiate a chargeback claim. We want to help avoid that by having the customer contact us first so that we can get it settled. Before implementing this, we would have instances where people would initiate chargebacks without even contacting us first, and then we get hit with fees for it.

Chargeback claims are usually for instances where the customer does not receive the product and the vendor is refusing to refund the customer. In this case, I am at no point refusing to refund the customer. I have tried to offer several options where I could refund the customer. I would refund the full order, but the customer has the overpipe and is not returning it free of charge. At no point in this situation was a chargeback initiation even a valid course of action.
Technically, that's for the credit card company to decide, but even if it were a valid chargeback, you would still charge the person 50 dollars under your chargeback policy. Has CZP ever had a valid chargeback filed against it, and if so, was it filed by a True Scotsman?

Our business relationship soured precisely because of your chargeback policy. Do not threaten to steal from your customers if you expect them to be reasonable about curing your unilateral mistakes.

Btw, I've got an overpipe and a Q300 exhaust (Thanks @Captain Insano) sitting in my garage waiting for the piece that connects them, any updates from Berk?
Old 09-23-2015, 02:45 PM   #52
Mike@CZP

I apologize if you feel that I threatened you, that was never my intention. I merely warned you about the chargeback in order to save you $50. I thought I was helping, especially in the instance where the case would go in our favor. Most chargebacks get denied by the credit card company and go in our favor. Fraudulent customers place orders and have them delivered to different addresses. They then claim that as "not delivered" and place the chargeback to try to get free parts. We don't normally refuse refunds to customer unless there is some evidence of foul play.

I have contacted Berk to try to get your order expedited. They are still giving me the same ETA of Mid-October, but will keep you informed if that gets updated.

This is directly from Berk.

"Hey Mike,

BT8604 is still backordered till mid-October."

"Hey Mike,

Sorry about that. I should of confirmed with you before I shipped it out."

"Hi Mike,

If you want I can send a call tag to the customer and get that part shipped back to Berk and credit you guys. Sorry for the mixup and I'm hoping we can make it right with your customer. Let me know."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATaraxias View Post
Technically, that's for the credit card company to decide, but even if it were a valid chargeback, you would still charge the person 50 dollars under your chargeback policy. Has CZP ever had a valid chargeback filed against it, and if so, was it filed by a True Scotsman?

Our business relationship soured precisely because of your chargeback policy. Do not threaten to steal from your customers if you expect them to be reasonable about curing your unilateral mistakes.

Btw, I've got an overpipe and a Q300 exhaust (Thanks @Captain Insano) sitting in my garage waiting for the piece that connects them, any updates from Berk?
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike@CZP For This Useful Post:
Joyride86 (09-23-2015)
Old 09-23-2015, 03:41 PM   #53
ATaraxias

Quote:
I apologize if you feel that I threatened you, that was never my intention. I merely warned you about the chargeback in order to save you $50. I thought I was helping, especially in the instance where the case would go in our favor. Most chargebacks get denied by the credit card company and go in our favor. Fraudulent customers place orders and have them delivered to different addresses. They then claim that as "not delivered" and place the chargeback to try to get free parts. We don't normally refuse refunds to customer unless there is some evidence of foul play.

So then, even in the small number of cases where a valid chargeback exists against your company, you still steal 50 dollars from your customer.

Am I understanding you correctly?

Last edited by ATaraxias; 09-23-2015 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Momentarily stupefied with shock...
Old 09-23-2015, 04:04 PM   #54
Mike@CZP

This is kind of going off-topic at this point, but we still get hit with fees regardless of the outcome. It's very rare that we walk away from a chargeback without having lost money, even if it rules in our favor.

If you have any other questions about your order, please feel free to contact me.

Quote:
So then, even in the small number of case where a valid chargeback exists against your company, you still steal 50 dollars from your customer.

Wow.
Old 09-23-2015, 04:29 PM   #55
ATaraxias

Quote:
This is kind of going off-topic at this point, but we still get hit with fees regardless of the outcome. It's very rare that we walk away from a chargeback without having lost money, even if it rules in our favor.

If you have any other questions about your order, please feel free to contact me.

Well, Mike, the topic is "Concept Z Performance (CZP) will steal from you, literally."

You just admitted to stealing from people who have legitimate chargebacks against your company. I'm pretty sure we are precisely on-topic with our discussion.
Old 09-23-2015, 05:06 PM   #56
mav1178

Drives: 2005 Toyota Camry
Thanked 6,093 Times in 3,029 Posts
Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Quote:
Did you really just suggest that Amazon or Ebay lie to customers about product availability, ship partial orders without warning and then tell the customer to drop it off at Kinko's on their own time if they don't like it?

Because that sounds very unlike either Amazon or Ebay. It sounds more like a fly-by-night dropshipping company which either doesn't communicate with its manufacturer or gets lied to and then passes the problem onto its customers.
You have no idea how Amazon works, apparently.

Amazon inventory can be divided up into 3 large categories:

1) sold and fulfilled by Amazon
2) sold by 3rd party seller and fulfilled by Amazon
3) sold and fulfilled by Amazon

Amazon does ship partial orders without warning, usually it's at the seller's discretion. Usually they won't do this though, because customers can complain and the sellers could lose out on the payments because of Amazon Marketplace.

Amazon also provides free return shipping, however it involves a prepaid shipping label that requires you to drop off. They almost never issue a call tag unless it's an epic failure of sorts.

I'm mostly adding info and going off topic to this because I can.

-alex
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mav1178 For This Useful Post:
MokSpeed (09-23-2015), Sportsguy83 (09-24-2015)