follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 05-31-2018, 02:10 PM   #15
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,537 Times in 18,935 Posts
Mentioned: 1108 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MileMonger View Post
Thanks for your reply Ultramaroon! The pipe actually feels pretty solid, it's the lack of flexibility from the springs that worries me now. I'm also not sure if the midpipe flange is supposed to be closer to the FP... Didn't feel like it could get any closer. I emailed FT86 yesterday, let's see if they answer me today.

Thanks again!

EDIT: I did hear a sort of higher pitched ringing vibration at about 75 mph, but I'm not sure if it really was that or if it's just the exhaust at those rpms. Will check later today.
No worries! ...well from my end, at least. You have a little bit of worry. That joint must flex. There are a few ways to do it but find yourself a pair of springs and figure out a way to either extend that shoulder screw or replace it with a standard one and use an extra nut with some thread locker to keep it together.. Good luck and let us know if you want more free advice.
Old 06-03-2018, 10:04 PM   #16
MileMonger

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
No worries! ...well from my end, at least. You have a little bit of worry. That joint must flex. There are a few ways to do it but find yourself a pair of springs and figure out a way to either extend that shoulder screw or replace it with a standard one and use an extra nut with some thread locker to keep it together.. Good luck and let us know if you want more free advice.
Thanks again!
I wanted to get the car on a lift this weekend and see if I could push the bolts in at all but had no chance. Does anyone know if the V1 exhaust should come with longer bolts? It doesn't seem to say it anywhere, I've only found a couple of posts that mention it in passing and others that say use the stock ones.
Still waiting for a reply from the FT86Speedfactory, I wrote them that if they do provide bolts I'd be willing to buy them.
MileMonger is offline   Reply With Quote