follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Old 07-01-2012, 07:39 PM   #1
eleu2166

Drives: '07 Civic Type R
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Group Buy - TRD Rear Lip Spoiler

Hi everyone,

After gauging for potential group buy opportunities in this thread, we ended up with 24 people interested in a TRD Rear Lip Spoiler group buy.

With these numbers I went around to see what sort discounts we can get. Ended up talking to Jesse Streeter and he was able to sort us out with a pretty good deal. See details below.

Item - TRD Rear Lip Spoiler

Colour - White, Black or Unpainted

Price:

So there will be two different prices depending on your shipping choice (the below is for a painted spoiler, once unpainted pricing is confirmed, I'll update this thread). We're getting a 3% discount with this group buy.
  • Shipped individually to you (painted): ¥33,660 (roughly 429 AUD)
  • Shipped individually to you (unpainted): ¥30,970 (roughly 394 AUD)
  • Combined shipping (3 spoilers required, no more, no less): ¥31,170 (roughly 398 AUD)
  • Combined shipping price for unpainted will depend on how many painted vs unpainted is in a group.
Final AUD price will differ based on the exchange rate the day you make your payment. The above is just an estimate based on today's exchange rate.

With the combined shipping option, it is up to you guys to organise yourselves into 'groups'. I will however be keeping track of the groups in this post. The reason behind the 3 item requirement is to avoid customs/duties while providing a great discount on shipping.

Minimum number of sets required - either 2 individually shipped or at least one group of 3. Based on the gauged interest numbers, it seems likely it will go ahead. DO NOT SEND PAYMENT TO JESSE UNTIL THE MINIMUM REQUIRED SETS HAVE BEEN MET.

Risks with combined shipping

With the combined shipping option, Jesse will be lowering the declared total value below $1000 to avoid customs duties/taxes. There is however always a risk and customs/duties may still be required. If you are not willing to take the risk, the individual price is still a great deal.

Also note that should you also take extra insurance, you will only be covered to the value of what is declared.

Shipping information - Shipped via EMS (shipping time 4-6 days)

Registration rules:

When putting your name down for the group buy, please follow the below steps:
  1. Please state what colour you are after (White, Black or Unpainted)
  2. Please state the shipping option you would like (Individual or Combined)
  3. If combined, then please state the State and City. This is so we can group members that are near each other for the combined shipping option, it'll be up to you guys to organise who will go with who.
  4. Please state whether you are willing to receive the combined shipment and distribute to the other forum members in your 'group'. We will need one from each 'group'.
Payment method - All payments are to be made directly to Jesse Streeter either through Direct Deposit (no fees) or Paypal (4% fee will be required for Paypal payments).

Jesse Streeter contact - any enquiry can be posted here or email directly to Jesse at jesse@jessestreeter.com. Please include "FT86 Group Buy" as reference.

Finalising your order:

There is no specific deadline from Jesse Streeter, but please see below:
  • For those choosing the individual shipping option, once the minimum requirements have been met please contact Jesse directly to organise payment and final details.
  • For those choosing combined shipment, once your group of 3 have been confirmed and decided on, please contact Jesse directly to organise payment and final details.
I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR FINALISING BOTH INDIVIDUAL OR COMBINED ORDERS, THIS IS SOLELY YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.

IMPORTANT NOTE - I, this site or Jesse Streeter do not guarantee that the item on offer for this group buy will be legal to use on public road at your state. Participant MUST conduct their own research and by participating in this group buy you confirm that the item satisfy your intended use.

Reference photo:

Confirmed members:

Individuals
1. MarkMash, White, Brisbane
2. Toy86, White

Combined (awaiting grouping)
1. Spiller, Adelaide (Happy to distribute)
2. shaoster, Unpainted, Sydney

Confirmed and in Groups
1. Panman (Unpainted), Nafe (Unpainted), DanVIIIVI (White)
2. trooper (Unpainted), giraffee (Unpainted), JDMSushi

Last edited by eleu2166; 07-25-2012 at 11:18 AM.
eleu2166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:53 PM   #2
Nardi330

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
eleu2166, thanks for organising.

just a few points about this GB.

1. please enquire with Jesse about lead time. last time i had to wait about 3 weeks and stock availibility might vary depends on colour etc (another Japanese seller quoted September to me on Yahoo Auction Japan).

2. you might want to briefly explain how Jesse calculates exchange rate which flutuates daily (if not every minute) and will effect the final price.

i have to say my experience with Jesse Streeter has been positive. As i posted before he made a mistake but he owned up to the error and was very easy to deal with afterwards. He also offered to compensate me for the trouble so i would definitely engage him for future purchase.
Nardi330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 08:09 PM   #3
eleu2166

Thanks Nardi! Have added a note regarding exchange rates. For lead time, will update once I get a response from Jesse.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:14 PM   #4
Panman

Drives: 86 GTS
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
In for unpainted in Brisbane postcode 4061. Prefer combined shipping, but if not enough takers will go individual.

My car on order is Dark Grey but am thinking Carbon Wrap may be the go.
Panman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 08:21 PM   #5
Nardi330

also forgot to say, Jesse has an aussie bank account for receiving direct deposit so there should be no fee from payment using this method.

and btw, with shipping 3 together, there are potential custom duty,GST and custom brokerage fee implication and the price quotes do not include these extra fees.

also you might want to enquire with Jesse about insurance during shipping. i think he arranged it for me for an extra amount. not sure if the above price quote includes this as well.

Last edited by Nardi330; 07-01-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:32 PM   #6
Nafe

Drives: Mt Fuji Red 86 GT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
I have purchased several times from Jesse. Never had a drama. Car parts and also breakable things (bonsai pots). Never had a broken pot!
Happy to buy through Jesse. Prefer combined shipping if possible. Unpainted, which should also bring the price down.
Nafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:49 PM   #7
spiller

Drives: JZA70 Supra, Lancer Evo 5, 86 GTS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
have also purchased through Jesse on numerous occasions, am I better off just emailing him as per normal? As in, are there actual savings to be made on this group buy or not? If not, ill just order when I get my car.

EDIT: FOR ADELAIDE PEOPLE, I have dealt with Jesse many times and am comfortable in doing so. If 2 people are interested in purchasing this item with me I am happy to arrange combined shipping to me and will distribute the lips when they arrive in Adelaide. PM me for details.
spiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:01 PM   #8
Nardi330

i'd think going thru Jesse's price is already the lowest so all you are saving is probably postage.

but be careful with duty/GST etc.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:09 PM   #9
eleu2166

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiller View Post
have also purchased through Jesse on numerous occasions, am I better off just emailing him as per normal? As in, are there actual savings to be made on this group buy or not? If not, ill just order when I get my car.

EDIT: FOR ADELAIDE PEOPLE, I have dealt with Jesse many times and am comfortable in doing so. If 2 people are interested in purchasing this item with me I am happy to arrange combined shipping to me and will distribute the lips when they arrive in Adelaide. PM me for details.
We're getting a 3 percent discount through the group by. Main savings is through the combined shipping. You're more than happy to contact Jesse yourself.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:44 PM   #10
fuddbutter
Potato Farmer

Drives: #SLOBRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Do you know if he has a rough price on the full TRD kit?
Old 07-01-2012, 10:58 PM   #11
Nafe

Drives: Mt Fuji Red 86 GT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuddbutter View Post
Do you know if he has a rough price on the full TRD kit?
I would suggest contacting Jesse directly.
Quote:
Jesse Streeter contact - any enquiry can be posted here or email directly to Jesse at jesse@jessestreeter.com. Please include "FT86 Group Buy" as reference.
Nafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:12 PM   #12
spiller

Drives: JZA70 Supra, Lancer Evo 5, 86 GTS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nardi330 View Post
i'd think going thru Jesse's price is already the lowest so all you are saving is probably postage.

but be careful with duty/GST etc.
Yeah that could be an issue with the combined shipping...
spiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:16 PM   #13
eleu2166

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiller View Post
Yeah that could be an issue with the combined shipping...
The reason why the combined shipping is limited to 3 spoilers is to keep the total value lower than $1000 to avoid customs duties/taxes (it's a little over $1000, but Jesse will be lowering the declared value).
Old 07-01-2012, 11:33 PM   #14
JDMC

Drives: JDMC
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eleu2166 View Post
The reason why the combined shipping is limited to 3 spoilers is to keep the total value lower than $1000 to avoid customs duties/taxes (it's a little over $1000, but Jesse will be lowering the declared value).
be careful though that should you take extra insurance, you will only be covered to the value of what is declared.

ie it is not possible to say the value put is $1000 and insured for $1500

under lowering the declaring is also illegal and custom sometimes dont necessarily accept the value shown (i know this because custom has done a check on me, so its first hand experience) but for what jesse is selling. its a very very good price
JDMC is offline   Reply With Quote