follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides

DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides For all DIYs.

User Tag List

Old 06-19-2019, 02:38 PM   #29
EzyBreezy

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ (ZC6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
I personally use the Mophie Charge Force Vent Mount with the Note 8 Mophie case. I am sure theres a mount that suits your needs.

Things I do not like..
• Not every none Mophie case with the plate thing fits on this vent mount.
• Every few months I occasionally have to push the vent mount back into the center vent.

Things I do like..
• Wireless Charging makes it easier for me to just slap my phone on the vent mount.
• The viewing angle horizontally is perfect for me personally.
• I have been using this since Galaxy S7, Note 7 (Pre Recall), Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 8.

I want to replace my head unit with the Android Head Units or Android Auto, specifically one that can support Waze and preferably one that I do not have to plug my phone into.

Last edited by EzyBreezy; 06-19-2019 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Forgot to include S7 Edge
EzyBreezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 07:53 PM   #30
gravitylover

Drives: 2013 BRZ Premium 6MT White
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8RZ View Post
I use a driver side AC vent mount and a magnetic strip on the back of my phone.
I have two magnetic holders, one in the drivers side AC vent and the other goes into the CD slot and holds the phone higher in an easier to see spot, it's also closer to the power port for charging.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:50 PM   #31
jbailey8748

Drives: 2013 Satin White Pearl BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Big fan of ram mounts.
I use the suction cup with the universal phone holder and stick it on the windshield on the left of the steering wheel.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
jbailey8748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 12:19 PM   #32
toast

Drives: 14 BSP Edelbrock BRZ
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Scoche magic mount with a wireless charger built in. I use this with the ECU Connect for gauges and logging.

toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 12:40 PM   #33
MaverickMonk

Drives: 13 BRZ Limited

Gopro shoe bolted to the bottom of the dash insert.

Gopro swivel mount + gopro phone holder from amazon.

This thing is absolutely rock solid, and you can remove it and only have the shoe nicely tucked under the dash insert.
MaverickMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 06:48 PM   #34
mrhayes1

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS white
Garage
I put a slim magnet on the back on my phone and stuck an small magnetic mount to my dash, just to the right of the head unit. It is awesome and cant believe I didn't' do it years ago. There is really no place to put your phone and if you drive like I do your phone will fly off the passenger seat and smack on the passenger door all the time. You can buy these on Amazon or whatever for like $10. It looks super clean. Also nice because in Arizona its hot in the summer and your phone is right in front of the vent which keeps it cool on those 115 degree days.
mrhayes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 07:19 PM   #35
DandoX
Senior gif poster

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I take my phone put it in the center armrest area, then put the arm rest down. If I need directions I turn on voice gps. I also dont have a touch screen HU, just the basic OG HU in the first FRS's. I mean I have a shitty suction cup mount that sucks, I use it maybe once a year for the rare time I travel in the FRS.

Try accepting the fact that you don't need to look at your phone and put it away in the center area, you really don't need it. The bluetooth audio control is more than enough. It can be liberating.

Also every phone mount ever sucks balls.
DandoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 08:27 PM   #36
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,937 Times in 11,375 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
I usually just stick mine in the driver's side door pocket, or lay it in the cupholder. With Georgia's no touchy touchy cell phone law, you can't use it for much of anything anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Georgia
Georgia's Hands-Free Law took effect July 1, 2018
Drivers cannot have a phone in their hand or touching any part of their body while talking on their phone while driving.

Even with hands-free technology, drivers cannot write, read or send text messages, e-mails, social media content and other internet data while on the road. (Voice to text is allowed)

Drivers cannot watch videos when they are on the road. (Navigational/GPS videos are allowed)

Drivers cannot use their phones or electronic devices to record video when they are on the road. (Continuously running dash cams are allowed)

Drivers may listen to streaming music that does not include videos on the screen of their phone or device while driving but cannot touch their phones while on the road to activate or program any music streaming app.

Streaming music that is controlled by and listened through the vehicle's radio is allowed. Drivers who need to touch their phones to activate/program their music streaming apps must do so before getting on the road

The fine for a first conviction is $50.00 and 1 point assessed against the driver's license. The fine is $100.00 and 2 points for a second conviction and $150.00 and 3 points for three or more conviction. The fines for a 2nd or 3rd offense only apply when date of a 2nd or 3rd conviction takes place within 24 months of the date of the first conviction. First time offenders can have the charge dropped by showing the court they have obtained a device that allows them to talk on a phone with hands-free technology or devices.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
holder, phone