follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Old 12-17-2013, 04:23 AM   #29
asphaltkyle

Drives: 2013 BRZ, 2011 M3 Competition
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
First he rants about how hard he's worked and now he implies that Jesus doesn't do magical things...

Let's get him, boys.
asphaltkyle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to asphaltkyle For This Useful Post:
husker741 (12-17-2013)
Old 12-17-2013, 04:36 AM   #30
Quatters

Drives: E36, 86 in January
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
E36 M3. It was tempting but I needed something super reliable yet still fun because I need to drive for work. Most people are excited for me getting it

Tapatalkin on the Quattbus.
Quatters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 04:43 AM   #31
TheLaughingMan

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Hm, around here all the Evos are like $10k more than the FR-S...so that was definitely a contributing factor in me NOT getting that car (even if I could have benefited from the AWD in Colorado). I don't think I've had anyone explicitly tell me what I should have done; I think most of the people I associate with assume that I know what's best for me.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:53 AM   #32
ZionsWrath
Thanks

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 3,100 Times in 1,498 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfbmike View Post
I had a lot of people insist I should've gotten a Golf R or something Audi after my VW R32.

I realize, most people try to "project" themselves onto you and want you to drive the car they want you to drive, if that makes any sense, rather than being completely happy for the choice YOU made for YOURSELF. I suppose in some ways I suppose most of those people would've loved to have seen how I mod a golf R considering how much I modded my R32 and documented said mods.

It also extends to the way you mod your car for example. It's not uncommon to have friends insisting I lower it, bag it, i.e. mod it in a way completely opposite to how I am doing so (I've got meaty tires and only ~1.5" drop and build my car to drive the piss out of it).
lol, my friend insists he wants to drive an audi. Querying him he has no logical reasoning behind it and doesn't even know which one he wants (though I'd presume it would be the cheapest new one he could get).

There must be something he has seen, experienced, or thought that makes Audi some godly brand to him. No matter what I say he won't tell me what it is that makes him want one.

The sad thing is he can't afford a "good" one. And he is going to end up in the cheapest (new) audi he can get, even if it stretches his budget.

I hope it works out for him
ZionsWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:06 AM   #33
mfbmike

Drives: 2013 FRS, 2008 R32
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZionsWrath View Post
lol, my friend insists he wants to drive an audi. Querying him he has no logical reasoning behind it and doesn't even know which one he wants (though I'd presume it would be the cheapest new one he could get).

There must be something he has seen, experienced, or thought that makes Audi some godly brand to him. No matter what I say he won't tell me what it is that makes him want one.

The sad thing is he can't afford a "good" one. And he is going to end up in the cheapest (new) audi he can get, even if it stretches his budget.

I hope it works out for him
If you're getting something non-quattro, there really is no point to getting one imo.

If I was going Audi, it would be an older B5 S4 (yum) or a TTRS. TTRS might be slightly out of my comfortable price range at this point in my life though. A5's are nice but again, if you're going to be staying FWD, what's the point in spending that kind of money?
mfbmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:21 AM   #34
Billylammerkins

Drives: 2014 Firestorm Red FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by asphaltkyle View Post
First he rants about how hard he's worked and now he implies that Jesus doesn't do magical things...

Let's get him, boys.
Give it your best shot fellas
Billylammerkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:39 AM   #35
ZionsWrath
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by asphaltkyle View Post

Let's get him, boys.
But it's Jesus birthday soon
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZionsWrath For This Useful Post:
gatorbushmen (12-17-2013), VesperLynn (12-21-2013)
Old 12-17-2013, 08:22 AM   #36
Levi

Drives: Toyota
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
FAIL

You guys are no better that those "Dude, you should have bought a ..."-guys, just the same as the BMW fans.

Just look at your all the negative fanboy responses in the other thread of that member that traded in his "cheap" FR-S for a much "better" IS 350.

Very sad for so-called car enthusiasts.
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 12:54 PM   #37
Demandred7

Drives: 2018 Camry XSE V6
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Dude. You should have brought a manual FR-S. Every time I talk about my car when people find out it is an automatic, they say I should have got the stick or it absolutely kills the conversation. The auto suits my needs and had the AT sucked, I would have forced myself to learn manual. Thank God they didn't put a CVT in the car. Despite the slower 0-60 time for the AT FR-S, it is one of the best AT's for its price point and I don't regret my choice at all.
Demandred7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Demandred7 For This Useful Post:
NWFRS (12-17-2013), Thesandlord (12-17-2013), Turkish (12-17-2013)
Old 12-17-2013, 01:36 PM   #38
Darkrune

Drives: 2017 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demandred7 View Post
Dude. You should have brought a manual FR-S. Every time I talk about my car when people find out it is an automatic, they say I should have got the stick or it absolutely kills the conversation. The auto suits my needs and had the AT sucked, I would have forced myself to learn manual. Thank God they didn't put a CVT in the car. Despite the slower 0-60 time for the AT FR-S, it is one of the best AT's for its price point and I don't regret my choice at all.
I think its because sports cars are more fun driving manual. But if you don't know how to, then that point is moot. Just enjoy the car.
Darkrune is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Darkrune For This Useful Post:
Demandred7 (12-17-2013)
Old 12-17-2013, 01:37 PM   #39
Thesandlord

Drives: Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
This x100. Like have any conversation about cars, "Dude you drive an auto your opinion does not count."

Sure if I had it my way I would get a manual, but I live with my family and I can't have a car only I can drive.
Thesandlord is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thesandlord For This Useful Post:
Demandred7 (12-17-2013), NWFRS (12-17-2013)
Old 12-17-2013, 01:37 PM   #40
ZionsWrath
Thanks

Quote:
no MT no street cred yo
The Following User Says Thank You to ZionsWrath For This Useful Post:
husker741 (12-17-2013)
Old 12-17-2013, 01:49 PM   #41
cparr350

Drives: swp limited
i keep getting why did you get rid of your 350z
cparr350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 04:44 PM   #42
Demandred7

Drives: 2018 Camry XSE V6
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrune View Post
I think its because sports cars are more fun driving manual. But if you don't know how to, then that point is moot. Just enjoy the car.
My best friend attempted to instruct me quite some time ago in his POS Cavalier. I must have two right feet because I drive stick about as well as I dance. Perhaps some day, but, on that occasion, it resulted in the engine service light coming on because I stalled it so many times.

Further, at least when my wife and I take my car, she can still drive it when I have had a few too many "beverages". Her stick driving abilities are on par with mine.

As you say, we still enjoy the car.
Demandred7 is offline   Reply With Quote