follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 11-14-2012, 02:41 AM   #141
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Drives: Yaris HBK, Audi 09' TTS<Had>
Thanked 1,899 Times in 966 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forme View Post
My woman would yell at me for buying her a huge engagement ring well before she'd yell at me for buying the BRZ. She doesn't like jewelry because it doesn't really serve a purpose.

Needless to say, she is definitely getting a ring soon.
Hah. My bf knows I hate Jewelry as well. Always pesking to get ringed though. :/

And congrats! Ninja that shiz~.

Quote:
Originally Posted by einzlr View Post
Weird? Yeah that's what a lot of people tend to think about women like us - it's why we need to stick together Welcome to the forum!! :happy0180:
Yup. Welcome! There's a handful of female drivers here. Women of our kind need to stick together!

AND TRACK ALL DAY. Because I know some people. haha

Quote:
Wait, lemme check just to be sure... check-check.....check. Yup, all present and accounted for

People on car forums are generally assumed to be male until proven otherwise, so we XX's are used to that
+1. Ignore all the "FUCK WOMEN" type of men. Lol There's quite a few on this forum. If you do so you'll generally have a better time. hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaap View Post
I have to laugh. My wife was Extremly happy I bought my FR-S (key word being Extremly) because she had already given me her approval to buy a Porsche Cayman and I bought the FR-S instead.
Whoa~ +1 to that Whaap.

My bf is total opposite of me but I do some of the things I do with reason. For example.... I don't like it when my bf wants to buy another motorcycle when he has 6 vehicles under his name and they aren't paid off. Also with all the stupid drivers around cars seem like they're out there to hit motorcyclists. Been hit twice on a motorcycle from 2 cars who weren't paying attention.

And... he's been asking me to mod my Yaris. I've been telling him to buy an Impreza and once our business picks up--I thought about the porsche boxter S since that will pretty much replace his motorcycle.. But nooooooooooo. He's been wanting fking sporty SUVs and has this weird fetish with the Mazda Minivan. Like what the heck?

Hopefully... we can pick up the evo x for him I've been eyeing...

Also...

I'm LOL'ing so hard with some of the comments on this thread.

Logic > Emotion
┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
Yashio Factory Pink adds +10HP to anything.
TOYOTA FT-86

Last edited by Giccin; 11-14-2012 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Holy smokes. I forgot to add info about the porsche
Giccin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Giccin For This Useful Post:
2forme (11-14-2012), czar07 (11-14-2012)
Old 11-14-2012, 03:32 AM   #142
reni
Nobody beats the B[I|R]Z

Drives: shopping cart i stole from walmart
Thanked 1,145 Times in 456 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
That one dude's wife weighed like 300 pounds, at least let the poor guy keep the 86 so he can at least have one sexy thing in his life
-- Niki Lauda
reni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:01 AM   #143
jmaryt
Banned

Drives: 2012 honda civic ex
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisked Accolade View Post
I have a girlfriend, actually. And i think they're beautiful and make for great artwork. That being said, there are things women have done to me which have left me undeniably prejudiced and pessimistic. In all honesty, it's quite obvious that both what happened to me, and my attitude toward women after the fact are both repugnant. But, that's my problem and i'm working on that.
ahhh ic! well sooner or later you had to learn that women will
pitch ya to the dogs faster than a guy will,and at least you have learned this in your lifetime. now go forth young pilgrim,and make your mark!
jmaryt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jmaryt For This Useful Post:
Asterisked Accolade (11-14-2012)
Old 11-14-2012, 04:04 AM   #144
root

Drives: Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
So teach her to drive stick
I hear that's a good way to destroy a relationship, and I can kind of believe that. I think it takes a patient & tolerant person to teach someone stick and thats compounded when its someone you know and are with all the time, and its your car. I don't think you'd want to be teaching in a FR-S!

ANyway, I found the ad amusing. It's stereotyping a whole lot of things, but its an ad and its meant to. I know there are women that are not like this. there are a few at our autocross and rallycross events that love cars, own awesome cars, and drive them great, but too bad they're all taken.
root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:32 AM   #145
MattQ-WP

Drives: Pearl White
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
You guys are all making the classic mistake of thinking that the CLEARLY WRONG person you married is a good case study for wives in general.. so let me tell it to you straight.

- If your wife doesn't support your hobbies, you married the wrong person!
- If you get crap and stress for being you, you married the wrong person!
- If your wife doesn't like you car, or the way you drive it, you married the wrong person!
- If you feel that you aren't getting enough sex, you married the wrong person!
- If you feel like you are "under the whip" or doing "more than your share", you married the wrong person!
- If you get home and think, "here we go again", you married the wrong person!
- If you need to lie to your wife to be yourself, or to spend time with the boys, or simply to get away with doing what makes you happy, you married the wrong person!

Stop blaming the woman and start blaming yourselves for being a bunch of softcocks who wont stand up for their rights AS MEN!!!

I get as much sex as I want, my wife shares the costs of our household, she takes the kids when I want to do a track day or have a boys evening and I do the same for her, and she doesn't complain when I come home as stoned as a Rastafarian test subject after a night out cause she knows that boyz gotta do what boyz gotta do.

Here is my wife

Here is my car

Here is how my kids get to school every morning

Sorry guys.. but I firmly believe that every man deserves to live the dream and if you ARENT living the dream you cashed in your chips too soon and settled for second best...

We modern men have WAY to much crap to deal with to also put up with a woman who doesn't make us 100% happy... don't believe all the women's magazine crap about sensitive modern men, you have a right to be a f^&*ing cave man!!

Trust me on this... there's a reason I married a red hot swimsuit model. I stand up for my rights as a man and chicks dig that shit... don't give your power away and don't let them walk all over you.. there is a reason I get sex almost every night of my life... because women like MEN and the more you stand in your power as a man the more your woman will want you...

start putting up with all her shite and kiss your power goodbye

INITIAL DRIVING CLIP
MattQ-WP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MattQ-WP For This Useful Post:
akyp (11-14-2012), czar07 (11-14-2012), Giccin (11-14-2012), Jeff86 (11-14-2012), MarkMash (11-14-2012), RaceR (11-14-2012)
Old 11-14-2012, 10:08 AM   #146
snapspinner

Drives: BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattQ-WP View Post

Thats how you do it. Hauled my daughter to school in the back of my Integra Type R back when she was younger.

For the most part. I'm happy with my wife, although she isn't a super model. I've always have had sporty cars for the most part. For me it would be a mid life crisis if I bought a Toyota Camry.
snapspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:07 PM   #147
crazyyankeefan

Drives: 370Z
While the commercial itself is hilarious, I don't really think it has a good selling point. So basically by getting this car, you will be upsetting your life partner? Please tell me how convincing that is.
crazyyankeefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:38 PM   #148
jmaryt
Banned

Drives: 2012 honda civic ex
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
more true to life than you think!,most of 'em think you are being selfish!
try to lay a guilt trip on ya! give 'em a while,they will come around!
just sayin'
jmaryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:17 PM   #149
Streetice
Local Nut...

Drives: Soon FR-S
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Lol that was funny, but kind of stupid at the same time lol
Ill second that:happy0180:
And on that note I sure am glad i'm not married, if I was this would worry me...a little.
Wes (11-14-2012)
Old 11-14-2012, 09:42 PM   #150
I usually post drunk

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisked Accolade View Post
I have a girlfriend, actually. And i think they're beautiful and make for great artwork. That being said, there are things women have done to me which have left me undeniably prejudiced and pessimistic. In all honesty, it's quite obvious that both what happened to me, and my attitude toward women after the fact are both repugnant. But, that's my problem and i'm working on that.
hah, i think this is most men's problem/experience. But I find many if not most are too blinded by one part of women and keep going back for more ^_^
#87 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to #87 For This Useful Post:
Asterisked Accolade (11-14-2012)
Old 11-14-2012, 10:03 PM   #151
track_warrior
Track Junkie

Drives: Faster than the Stig!
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
My wife is going to shit bricks next week because beside the FR-S im bringing home a Evo X. You have no idea how my wife hates imports, her reaction should be quite funny.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:10 PM   #152
driftartist
Kurenai Samurai

Drives: Red and manual
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattQ-WP View Post
You guys are all making the classic mistake of thinking that the CLEARLY WRONG person you married is a good case study for wives in general.. so let me tell it to you straight.

- If your wife doesn't support your hobbies, you married the wrong person!
- If you get crap and stress for being you, you married the wrong person!
- If your wife doesn't like you car, or the way you drive it, you married the wrong person!
- If you feel that you aren't getting enough sex, you married the wrong person!
- If you feel like you are "under the whip" or doing "more than your share", you married the wrong person!
- If you get home and think, "here we go again", you married the wrong person!
- If you need to lie to your wife to be yourself, or to spend time with the boys, or simply to get away with doing what makes you happy, you married the wrong person!

Stop blaming the woman and start blaming yourselves for being a bunch of softcocks who wont stand up for their rights AS MEN!!!

I get as much sex as I want, my wife shares the costs of our household, she takes the kids when I want to do a track day or have a boys evening and I do the same for her, and she doesn't complain when I come home as stoned as a Rastafarian test subject after a night out cause she knows that boyz gotta do what boyz gotta do.

Here is my wife

Here is my car

Sorry guys.. but I firmly believe that every man deserves to live the dream and if you ARENT living the dream you cashed in your chips too soon and settled for second best...

We modern men have WAY to much crap to deal with to also put up with a woman who doesn't make us 100% happy... don't believe all the women's magazine crap about sensitive modern men, you have a right to be a f^&*ing cave man!!

Trust me on this... there's a reason I married a red hot swimsuit model. I stand up for my rights as a man and chicks dig that shit... don't give your power away and don't let them walk all over you.. there is a reason I get sex almost every night of my life... because women like MEN and the more you stand in your power as a man the more your woman will want you...

start putting up with all her shite and kiss your power goodbye
Spoken like a fuckin man dude. I like this guy. Straight up.
driftartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:23 PM   #153
czar07

Drives: '97 RSP JZZ30 GT-T
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
bitches come and go, the twins are forever?

Germans>Japanese>Italians>Americans. Unless its a Corvette.
czar07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:28 PM   #154
Nat

Drives: 2011 elantra (until my BRZ) comes
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
I told my husband we were getting one the minute I saw it on ..."the car show"? I believe. I don't think he believed I would go through with it but here we are...over a year later and we finally have it. I don't think he was in love but hes getting there, plus all his guy friends are jealous. lol
So, not all women hate them or are angry at their men for buying them. For some of us it was OUR idea. Take that commercial.
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote