follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

View Poll Results: what would you choose?
JPM coachworks 5 71.43%
bride japan type r 1 14.29%
bride gradation 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 07-31-2013, 02:51 PM   #1
Jhon19lopez
Banned

Drives: 2013 scion fr-s
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
help choose my next mod

whats up everyone I'm having a hard time choosing between two things i want for my interior build so please leave your comments on what you think should be done

1st Jpm coach works

i recently had some work done by these guy and i was happy how everything turned out now i want to do my dash, door upper and lower arm rests, sun visors, headliner, and get my sparco steering re-wrapped to match the rest of my interior

2nd bride seat #1

then we have the temptation of these bride seats which I'm between 2 and it basically come down to money, the bride japan (black suede with grey logo)
cost about 1,250 each plus mounts and hardness about $3,200 but it a perfect seat for my interior build.

3rd bride seat #2

then we have a different bride seat but is a lot cheaper but still flows with the color of my interior 850 each plus mounts and harness $ 2,300

what would you choose ?
Jhon19lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:09 PM   #2
WingsofWar
MODERATOR-SAMA

Drives: Swagtron Scooter
Thanked 1,561 Times in 524 Posts
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
If i had to choose between the two,

JDM coach works, would be higher on the list vs brides.

If i was in the need of a good seat to serve a function like additional support for motorsports, then id go for some Sparco seats. Then id do JDM coachworks for asthetics.

I cant justify spending over +$800 on a racing seat to serve as just an aesthetic modification.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:33 PM   #3
Jhon19lopez
Banned

Drives: 2013 scion fr-s
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsofWar View Post
If i had to choose between the two,

JDM coach works, would be higher on the list vs brides.

If i was in the need of a good seat to serve a function like additional support for motorsports, then id go for some Sparco seats. Then id do JDM coachworks for asthetics.

I cant justify spending over +$800 on a racing seat to serve as just an aesthetic modification.
i was originally going with the Sparco pro2000 but i wanted something that will flow better with all my jpm coach works parts.
Jhon19lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:04 PM   #4
WingsofWar
MODERATOR-SAMA

Drives: Swagtron Scooter
Thanked 1,561 Times in 524 Posts
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhon19lopez View Post
i was originally going with the Sparco pro2000 but i wanted something that will flow better with all my jpm coach works parts.
Ooo i see your dilemma, Id go JDM Coachworks then Brides.

Only because I think the stock seats still work well as a neutral ground if you get the coachworks first. vs Getting Brides (2nd option) first and having stock interior that doesn't exactly match. (The gray stitching makes the difference.)

But that is my thought process, and it could be assbackwards...so just take my advance with a grain of salt.

-Josh