follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 10-26-2016, 11:27 AM   #1
csong30

Drives: Brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Air Lift Performance Issues

Long story short, I went with the convenience of air ride for looks and just daily driving.

One thing I learned is convenience and major headaches over and over. I've taken time on the installation and polished out the small knicks, but when I fix the smaller issues I tend to run into another problem.

My question is has anyone have had issues with the bag on the driver side rubbing really badly to a point where you have to hammer out the strut tower well?? I've noticed that the driver side does it worse then the passenger side. Is there fixes for this wear we can max the camber plates or would I need to push it out a little further away from the strut tower??

I honestly don't remember running into so many issues when I used to run coilovers on other vehicles.
csong30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 01:09 PM   #2
ChanceK

Drives: 2016 FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by csong30 View Post
Long story short, I went with the convenience of air ride for looks and just daily driving.

One thing I learned is convenience and major headaches over and over. I've taken time on the installation and polished out the small knicks, but when I fix the smaller issues I tend to run into another problem.

My question is has anyone have had issues with the bag on the driver side rubbing really badly to a point where you have to hammer out the strut tower well?? I've noticed that the driver side does it worse then the passenger side. Is there fixes for this wear we can max the camber plates or would I need to push it out a little further away from the strut tower??

I honestly don't remember running into so many issues when I used to run coilovers on other vehicles.
All I did on my setup was remove the strut from the driver front side, take out the plastic clip things, and take out the metal bolt. I did not really need to hammer anything out. I also have my camber plates maxed out in the front on both sides.
ChanceK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 07:51 PM   #3
csong30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChanceK View Post
All I did on my setup was remove the strut from the driver front side, take out the plastic clip things, and take out the metal bolt. I did not really need to hammer anything out. I also have my camber plates maxed out in the front on both sides.

Are your bags sitting on the strut tower wall though and causing any rubbing on the bags from airing out?
Old 10-27-2016, 02:47 AM   #4
ChanceK

Drives: 2016 FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by csong30 View Post
Are your bags sitting on the strut tower wall though and causing any rubbing on the bags from airing out?
Nope. No rub. Which not all cars are exactly the same. You might have to make some room.
ChanceK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 07:56 AM   #5
csong30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChanceK View Post
Nope. No rub. Which not all cars are exactly the same. You might have to make some room.
I guess that makes sense. The only I did to get some clearance was just hammer the strut tower.