follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List
jpit

Old 09-11-2013, 11:36 AM   #2129
Jive Turkey
the tuna, no crust.

Drives: 2014 Hachiroku of the year
Thanked 1,770 Times in 761 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
so...i dyno'd my car stock. miserable, that tq dip was almost 2k of my rev range.

GIVE US THE HEADER. GIVES US THE HEADER (everyone gets up and chants)
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jive Turkey For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (09-11-2013), Sportsguy83 (09-11-2013), tennisfreak (09-11-2013)
Old 09-11-2013, 12:05 PM   #2130
2superblus

Drives: 13 BRZ WRB
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Relax and wait for it as when it comes available I am sure it will be worth the wait.
2superblus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:09 PM   #2131
GOT FR-S

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S (Firestorm)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I don't understand why this header is taking soo long. Been 18months plus. I didn't want to wait so went a different route and been very happy with it. Hope you guys release this soon not to loose too.many customers. Lol.

Sent from my SGH-T959P using Tapatalk 2
Vortech SC. Rev Work Header, Perrin over pipe, Invidia resonated top pipe, Greddy EVO3 exhaust, Perrin Light weight crank pulley, Gofast bits lightweight waterpump & alternator pulleys, Perrin Trans & Shifter mount, MTec Shift springs. Cusco rear diff brace, 1pc Alum Drive Shaft (Drive Shaft Shop), ATC performance clutch & Flywheel, Whiteline Positive traction bushings. Grimspeed hood struts. EcuTek Tune.
GOT FR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GOT FR-S For This Useful Post:
mad_sb (09-11-2013)
Old 09-11-2013, 12:14 PM   #2132
chanomatik
Snow Don't Hurt!

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited 6MT CBS
Thanked 1,497 Times in 902 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
For every one they lose they'll gain five more anyways. Some that left will return once they sell off their used one and after they see what's really up with this famous Nameless piece.
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:27 PM   #2133
mad_sb

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post
For every one they lose they'll gain five more anyways. Some that left will return once they sell off their used one and after they see what's really up with this famous Nameless piece.
Can't be famous unless it exists. And a lost sale is a lost sale, they may get a percentage back but they will not get back all the sales they have already lost.

I absolutely respect the quality of nameless products and the R&D they put into them. But come on man, it DOES NOT take 18 months to do math, build a prototype, put it on the dyno, do more math, build another prototype, put it on the dyno... Even if they went through 10 iterations, the headers should have been released 8 months ago... Just sayin...

HURRY UP ALREADY
Old 09-11-2013, 01:37 PM   #2134
xjohnx
Grip>Slip

Drives: 13 SWP BRZ Ltd - Innovate Powered!
Thanked 1,716 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznknightz17 View Post
any discount atm for the exhaust?
you never go ATM, even for the exhaust.
xjohnx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xjohnx For This Useful Post:
CARNZ (09-11-2013), DoomsdayJesus (09-11-2013), Jive Turkey (09-11-2013), mad_sb (09-11-2013)
Old 09-11-2013, 01:43 PM   #2135
mad_sb

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjohnx View Post
you never go ATM, even for the exhaust.
lol clerks 2 meets the fast and the furious
Old 09-11-2013, 01:46 PM   #2136
chanomatik
Snow Don't Hurt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_sb View Post
Can't be famous unless it exists. And a lost sale is a lost sale, they may get a percentage back but they will not get back all the sales they have already lost.

I absolutely respect the quality of nameless products and the R&D they put into them. But come on man, it DOES NOT take 18 months to do math, build a prototype, put it on the dyno, do more math, build another prototype, put it on the dyno... Even if they went through 10 iterations, the headers should have been released 8 months ago... Just sayin...

HURRY UP ALREADY
Think about it this way: 18 months ago this idea from them wasn't even known. So, 18 months ago they had ZERO customers. So... if people want to go elsewhere, then all they're doing is building up LOYAL customers. Also known as "thinning the herd".

If you guys don't wanna wait, you have options. I mean, come on, the entire essence of the FT-86 has been about waiting, if nothing else. We had to wait for it to not be a rumor, wait for increased quantities to be available. Hell, I had to wait 6 months from order to delivery! Could we have purchased other RWD coupes in the meantime? Sure! Did we? Hell no! Why not? Because quality.

Are people really that eager and lack that much self-control to actually BLAME Nameless for not making the header Priority #1? Seriously? People are really that fickle? Geeeebus. Don't ever include yourselves in any group buys. The wait will KILL you.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chanomatik For This Useful Post:
LeeMaster (09-11-2013), Marchy (09-11-2013), toysub (09-11-2013)
Old 09-11-2013, 01:53 PM   #2137
DoomsdayJesus
In Autobahn withdrawl

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited Man., WRB
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Can't wait for this, especially after finding out they're just an hour south of me. Can't wait to get down there for their overpipe/exhaust.
DoomsdayJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:57 PM   #2138
chanomatik
Snow Don't Hurt!

ALSO, giving people heads up over a year in advance gives them more time to plan their mods. By this time you could have already had your exhaust set up ready and other things to prepare. A tuner, money saved up, etc. etc.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:10 PM   #2139
mad_sb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchy View Post
how many headers have you R&D from scratch and released to market? Rushing a product to market will net you the early adopters, but doesn't allow time to ensure the best possible product and can leave you with a part that isn't as effective as one that had a fair amount of R&D performed.

Just look at all the intakes on the market, most net you nearly no benefit over the stock intake, but people bought them in droves because the product was offered.

Personally, I happy to see a company willing to take the time to research and do it right, then to rush out some crap just to make a few sales and sully the brand name.
Zero... and as I said, i respect the quality and the R&D. There is a difference between rushing something and actually working on it. I do not believe They are not working on this daily or probably even weekly, if they were I fully believe it would have been done and on the market long ago. They are a bunch of smart and talented guys, i have spent hours on the phone with Jason in the past and already have a nameless front pipe and axle back. I'm sure the two options will be great when they do come out and, even though i have already purchased another header, i am one of those poeple that might sell of my other header when these come out... IF it can be shown the gains over what i already have justify the trouble.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:12 PM   #2140
Decay107
Turning is for Nerds

Drives: 35 characters is not enough
Thanked 1,259 Times in 717 Posts
Mentioned: 186 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayJesus View Post
Can't wait for this, especially after finding out they're just an hour south of me. Can't wait to get down there for their overpipe/exhaust.
Same here, recently found out they are like an hour north of me, I already ordered the overpipe/frontpipe. Maybe I'll be able to get a sneak peek at the header when I go pick that up.
Decay107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:00 PM   #2141
himbo

Drives: Lightening Red BRZ Ltd.
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_sb View Post

HURRY UP ALREADY
That's understandable if the only thing that Nameless did was work on the header for this car, but they do have a number of other projects that they're working on simultaneously. Remember that they're not a big shop... With that being said I can't wait to see what they will come up with
himbo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to himbo For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (09-11-2013)
Old 09-11-2013, 03:11 PM   #2142
GOT FR-S

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S (Firestorm)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post
Think about it this way: 18 months ago this idea from them wasn't even known. So, 18 months ago they had ZERO customers. So... if people want to go elsewhere, then all they're doing is building up LOYAL customers. Also known as "thinning the herd".

If you guys don't wanna wait, you have options. I mean, come on, the entire essence of the FT-86 has been about waiting, if nothing else. We had to wait for it to not be a rumor, wait for increased quantities to be available. Hell, I had to wait 6 months from order to delivery! Could we have purchased other RWD coupes in the meantime? Sure! Did we? Hell no! Why not? Because quality.

Are people really that eager and lack that much self-control to actually BLAME Nameless for not making the header Priority #1? Seriously? People are really that fickle? Geeeebus. Don't ever include yourselves in any group buys. The wait will KILL you.
I see your point, but many dont want to wait. Personally my issue is/was (and others) by the time this is released I will have already topped out NA as I pretty much am already and I am already planning phase 2 to Turbo and the header is now useless and will be sold used anyways. Unless I change my mind to SC. lol. But the majority of people waiting for a header will be happy I am sure.
Vortech SC. Rev Work Header, Perrin over pipe, Invidia resonated top pipe, Greddy EVO3 exhaust, Perrin Light weight crank pulley, Gofast bits lightweight waterpump & alternator pulleys, Perrin Trans & Shifter mount, MTec Shift springs. Cusco rear diff brace, 1pc Alum Drive Shaft (Drive Shaft Shop), ATC performance clutch & Flywheel, Whiteline Positive traction bushings. Grimspeed hood struts. EcuTek Tune.
GOT FR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GOT FR-S For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (09-11-2013)

Tags
21 months no dyno, 22 months no vendor dyno, 22months4rattles&leakssmh, amazing warped qualiy, y u no tag