follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 06-06-2012, 10:58 PM   #197
djjd42

Drives: Whiteout MT now, Alfas in the past.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marloon View Post
you're right, the route specified doesn't do anything for the car. but this is the same type of route that you'll be driving.
Luckily for me, I don't live in Richmond. I live where more roads curve than go straight, and where they also go up and down, too!
Quote:
I think because the car is so well composed that you don't really feel the acceleration of the car.
I suspect there is a tonne of truth in that.

Another thing that I think threw off my butt dyno: all my sporty cars over the years have had more cylinders and the song that goes with them. I hope/suppose I'll adjust to that over time.
djjd42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:14 PM   #198
djjd42

Drives: Whiteout MT now, Alfas in the past.
Hey Ben.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bneale View Post
As someone posted above, they were doing over the speed limit but didn't even realize it until looking at the speedo.
My previous sporty cars were much the same way as I described the FR-S: The speed could get away from you quite easily, and in a good way , but you still felt comfortable and confident while the car kept asking to go faster and sneakily doing it behind your back.
I exited those particular cars, though, simply on account of them getting too trublesome to maintain. With luck I can recapture some small part of the feeling of driving those cars but with a new car (I've never actually bought new until now) that doesn't require it's entire value in repairs each year. Oh, how Alfas win the heart and break the wallet.
djjd42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:46 AM   #199
bneale

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
I'm pretty sure you guys are totally wrong about Topgear not liking the FR-S/BRZ. I've personally seen every episode they've ever done including the season James May wasn't around and all of their specials.

The reason why I say this is they simply love the Miata. They understand what its like to own a car with very little power but great handling because of all the british sports cars they've owned over the years.

Same thing goes for the Elise. Topgear understands very much so that power isn't exactly everything although you guys are right about Jeremy. Jeremy does love excess power quite a lot but he himself can be pretty excessive at times. But they love the Elise and understand that its purely about handling.

For the same reason why they picked the Maserati Quattroporte in their 4 door supercar showdown, they will love the BRZ/FR-S. Those who don't remember, they loved the Maserati over both the Aston Rapide and the Porsche Panamera Turbo because it had more "Drama or Pantamime" as they say. It wasn't the fastest on the track and it also didn't have the most power, but they loved it simply because of the experience.

So because they always drive this point home, I expect them to love this car even if it is low on power. I'm sure we will probably see an episode where they compare both the BRZ and GT86 side by side to see how they compare. Oh and yeah, they are going to rip on the price big time. Its way more money in the UK then here.

Too bad there's no Topgear until 2013. What did Jeremy say again? Something to do with "Fat People Singing?"

Ben
bneale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:17 PM   #200
Ikaros
Solar wind surfer

Drives: 2013 FRS
Garage
I thought they were gonna do a fall season.
Ikaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:17 PM   #201
MattM232

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Firestorm AT
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikaros View Post
Unfortunately as Ben said because of "fat people singing" (the X Factor) and the Olympics there won't be anymore Top Gear until 2013. I agree Ben, I think they will like the car, as it is all about the soul
MattM232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:18 PM   #202
MattM232

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Firestorm AT
Garage
By the way Ben did you pickup your car yet? I believe I saw in another thread you were looking at pickup today
MattM232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:21 PM   #203
bneale

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikaros View Post
Nope they got bumped for Fat People Singing and the Olympics. Remember its on BBC in London and can you guess which channel they're going to show the games on?

So yeah, no Topgear until 2013.

Ben
bneale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:43 PM   #204
Ikaros
Solar wind surfer

Drives: 2013 FRS
Garage
>_> They got pushed back cause of Britain's got talent? Those kind of shows aren't even any good. I hope this means that they would have more time to go on crazy adventures for January.
Ikaros is offline   Reply With Quote