follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 12-14-2015, 03:49 PM   #197
benrz
button pusher.

Drives: S.HB BRZ | TL
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Well what do you know. I finally found a colour I like those tails on. Was never a fan but they rock on that light blue.

Tcoat stamp of approval!
benrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 03:57 PM   #198
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,285 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by benrz View Post
Tcoat stamp of approval!
KrisisOD (12-14-2015)
Old 12-14-2015, 05:32 PM   #199
ninjapanda

Drives: 94 TT Ren Red Supra
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
if you guys don"t mind me asking what did you pay for your HB out the door. I went to Dallas this Halloween to look at one and almost signed the paperwork on it until the tech launched the car in front of the dealer on the way to do the fill up. i walked out. now they call me back the car has 17 test miles on it total and i want a discount on the car. the car has set for 2.5 months total and not alot of interest in it. would you think offering them $27K out the door ( tax title and license included) would be a low ball offer? It aint moving and you know all dealers want to sell everything at the end of the year so they dont get taxed. what do you think I have excellent credit and can go through Subaru or go through my bank USAA
ninjapanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 06:18 PM   #200
nisti

Drives: BRZ & XV
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjapanda View Post
if you guys don"t mind me asking what did you pay for your HB out the door. I went to Dallas this Halloween to look at one and almost signed the paperwork on it until the tech launched the car in front of the dealer on the way to do the fill up. i walked out. now they call me back the car has 17 test miles on it total and i want a discount on the car. the car has set for 2.5 months total and not alot of interest in it. would you think offering them $27K out the door ( tax title and license included) would be a low ball offer? It aint moving and you know all dealers want to sell everything at the end of the year so they dont get taxed. what do you think I have excellent credit and can go through Subaru or go through my bank USAA
I paid MSRP BEFORE taxes, but there was more of a demand in my area, since we only got a handful.
I don't think that's a low ball offer.
The real question is can you stomach the thought of the mistreatment of the car?
My answer would be no.
Old 12-14-2015, 06:22 PM   #201
ninjapanda

i was upset about the mistreatment of the car to the fullest. but i figured it like this since they did it and they called me after 2.5 months of it not having sales i thought i would give them that offer. Im not driving another 3 hrs to play screw around games and be had like that. I want the car but im not going to give them what they want. Car is located in Dallas and the first time they didnt want to give me any discounts on the car because it was "rare, limited edition" if it was so highly wanted they would have sold it already
Old 12-14-2015, 07:58 PM   #202
Luftwaffel
Boost Creep

Drives: 2016 HyperBlue BRZ
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
I wouldn't imagine one launch (and I seriously doubt it was a no-bullshit hard launch) is going to mean the engine is going to randomly die in a year. That being said, I'd still work them down because of it.
Luftwaffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 10:27 PM   #203
ninjapanda

It was enough to spin the tires and and leave tire marks he intentionally turned the traction off. But I know it's not going to to cause a random failure in the future but I really want the car. I just thought it was crazy that after 2.5 months it hasn't sold yet and they wouldn't work on the price of it. I know at around the 60-90 day mark the cars are acquiring interest on them from the bank and the dealer wants to hurry and get them sold. I'm going to call and make my offer tomorrow and if they don't like it I will see what they counter with. But I've been seeing so many people claiming they have been paying around 27.5k-28k put the door after tax title and license and I'm determined to have that because at first they didn't give any discounts and it was going to be like 30400 out the door and I for sure didn't think it was the greatest offer based on the new demand for the car but this car has sat for awhile. I drove it from mile 6 all the way to mile 11 and it now has 17 miles on it. So they can come off of that "it's rare" and high demand car!!
Old 12-14-2015, 11:25 PM   #204
trumpet_bro

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ HyperBlue
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjapanda View Post
I just thought it was crazy that after 2.5 months it hasn't sold yet and they wouldn't work on the price of it.
That seems to be the same situation at the dealerships in Houston. There's a few left there but I'm not sure you'll get them to back down from 30k after taxes.
trumpet_bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 10:47 AM   #205
ninjapanda

im going to make an offer and if they dont like it well thats fine. Ill let it sit a little longer because shortly them having it will cost them financially and will tie up real estate on their lot. its not even in the show room!
The Following User Says Thank You to ninjapanda For This Useful Post:
Swolstice (03-09-2016)
Old 12-15-2015, 01:17 PM   #206
SleepingPanda

Drives: 2016 BRZ Hyper.Blue
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
installed smoked side markers. I went with smoked because i feel they match the headlights better. Also goes well with the black mirrors/wheels theme.

Also installed some Morimoto XB LED fog lights. Very easy install. only tool you need is a stubby screw driver. When i took out the stock fog lights, i was offended to say the least. I cant believe this is what subaru put in a 28k dollar car. They weigh about as much as the side marker lights. They are the cheapest plastic pieces of crap i have ever seen. And the bulb is just a glorified blinker bulb. thanks Subaru. lol.

Anyways. On a side note i must say. With the few things ive done to this car. This car is VERY easy to work on. my Civic was awful. especially the fender liner clips. On the Honda you may as well just buy new ones before you take them out. Because 90% of the time, you are going to DESTROY the clips trying to get them out. The subaru clips are nice and easy.

enough ranting. on to the pics!

Before:

after:

Passenger side is stock fog, XB LED on the drivers side.

SleepingPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SleepingPanda For This Useful Post:
Goldensun89 (12-16-2015), Luftwaffel (12-16-2015)
Old 12-15-2015, 04:14 PM   #207
ShrapnelYeti

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ series.HyperBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisisOD View Post
Got my wheels and exhaust put on. Sorry they aren't great pictures.
Those are the Work Emotion D9R's right?
I was looking into those, in White. They look perfect :0
ShrapnelYeti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ShrapnelYeti For This Useful Post:
KrisisOD (12-16-2015)
Old 12-15-2015, 10:51 PM   #208
trumpet_bro

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ HyperBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingPanda View Post
installed some Morimoto XB LED fog lights.
Mind if I ask where you picked them up from? Your installs look good, you have me questioning my side marker choice now I bet the smoked marker looks great at night.
trumpet_bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 12:20 AM   #209
SleepingPanda

Drives: 2016 BRZ Hyper.Blue
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpet_bro View Post
Mind if I ask where you picked them up from? Your installs look good, you have me questioning my side marker choice now I bet the smoked marker looks great at night.
where did i pick up the side markers or the fogs? I got both on Amazon. Mainly because i was already christmas shopping. And im a Prime member so i get free express shipping so why not.

But you can also get the fogs from theretrofitsource.com

sidemarkers im sure one of the vendors carry as well.

they look great at night, i got LED amber bulbs along with the marker lights. And theyre very vivid.
SleepingPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 12:33 AM   #210
KrisisOD

Drives: Subaru BRZ Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrapnelYeti View Post
Those are the Work Emotion D9R's right?
I was looking into those, in White. They look perfect :0
Yep.
KrisisOD is offline   Reply With Quote