follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northern California

Northern California NorCal

User Tag List

Old 10-28-2013, 10:53 PM   #1
chas3wba0

Drives: Yes
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Stevens Creek Scion salesman can't drive stick

Posted this in another thread but figured I'd give it more visibility as fair warning to anyone in the market for a black FR-S.

Sometime last week, I went to Stevens Creek Scion to test-drive an FR-S. When I was finished, the salesman (Fred??) got in the driver's seat to reverse into the parking space.

First, he didn't know how to get to R; I had to show him how to pull up the little ring before he broke the shifter off from brute force.

Second, he roasted the clutch trying to back it in and stalled twice in the process. I could smell it from 20 feet away, and it made me cringe inside. I should have just volunteered to park it for him...

Afterward, he just tried to play it off as if nothing happened. Needless to say, I was out of there in a heartbeat.

So, for anyone considering the 2014 Raven Black FR-S MT at Stevens Creek Scion... keep that in mind.
chas3wba0 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chas3wba0 For This Useful Post:
ndsleep612 (11-01-2013), NorCal_Guy (11-01-2013)
Old 10-29-2013, 12:13 AM   #2
B2FiNiTY
JDM JUNKY

Drives: NSX
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
lol ouch
B2FiNiTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:02 AM   #3
doggieboy09
Sènior Member

Drives: '22 BRZ |'13 BRZ SSC (formerly)
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
There is no shame in saying that one doesn't know how to drive stick. Better to be honest than to lie. You can't expect any salesman to know anything about a car versus a car enthusiast. When I bought my BRZ from BMW of Pleasanton, my sales lady was surprised of how much I knew about the car and she did not dare to attempt to drive my car.
doggieboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:07 AM   #4
nor cal frs

Drives: whiteout scion frs
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggieboy09 View Post
There is no shame in saying that one doesn't know how to drive stick. Better to be honest than to lie. You can't expect any salesman to know anything about a car versus a car enthusiast. When I bought my BRZ from BMW of Pleasanton, my sales lady was surprised of how much I knew about the car and she did not dare to attempt to drive my car.
Same here lol it kinda makes me sick that they fully know what they are trying to push lol when the buyer knows more its just sad
nor cal frs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:13 PM   #5
Silverpike
popular among the JDM

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Not the same dealer, but Stevens Creek Subaru is one of the worst auto dealers I have ever been to. This is a dealer who lost a frickin 12mm bolt 3 times in a row after I special ordered it through their parts dept.

I'm amazed those retards are still in business.
Silverpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:29 PM   #6
denkigrve
Random Internet dad

Drives: 2013 FRS and 2010 Mini Cooper
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas3wba0 View Post
Posted this in another thread but figured I'd give it more visibility as fair warning to anyone in the market for a black FR-S.

Sometime last week, I went to Stevens Creek Scion to test-drive an FR-S. When I was finished, the salesman (Fred??) got in the driver's seat to reverse into the parking space.

First, he didn't know how to get to R; I had to show him how to pull up the little ring before he broke the shifter off from brute force.

Second, he roasted the clutch trying to back it in and stalled twice in the process. I could smell it from 20 feet away, and it made me cringe inside. I should have just volunteered to park it for him...

Afterward, he just tried to play it off as if nothing happened. Needless to say, I was out of there in a heartbeat.

So, for anyone considering the 2014 Raven Black FR-S MT at Stevens Creek Scion... keep that in mind.
Man, screw that place. The one sales manager tried to tell me that the TC was just as good of a car when I was trying to pre-order, would never call me back, or give me updates, and when he finally did call me it was to tell me they were charging me 2.5k over what I was quoted due to stereo equipment that I had to watch them install at some launch event/bbq. I immediately pulled my deposit and moved it to another dealership.

Deposited less, was in/out with my keys in an HOUR at One Toyota in Oakland. It was seamless and easy. They didn't drill the front plates, they didn't try to BS me, and if I need to get a family car, I'll likely consider them now. THAT is how you do business and earn customers.
Old 11-01-2013, 02:16 PM   #7
CamryDS

Drives: 2003 Camry Blue | 2013 FR-S White
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

I saw Steven's Creek and went Uh oh.... the entire automall there sucks. I never shop there for cars.
CamryDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:13 PM   #8
asia_minor
Superleggera

Drives: 2016 Mazda MX-5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
avoid Steven's Creek Subaru in general.
asia_minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:14 PM   #9
strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,479 Times in 4,998 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Funny enough, the only dealer willing to sell me the car I wanted (no options), when I got in the car only 6 miles on it, even if some shit happened in those 1-3 miles in the grand scheme of things I will likely do much nastier things to it. While I have zero love for any local dealerships, a couple bad eggs shouldn't mean tossing out the whole basket, especially if they've got the price you want.

Edit: For those that care, they didn't drill the front plate and asked me before washing the car.
strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to strat61caster For This Useful Post:
MyRx (11-02-2013)
Old 11-01-2013, 06:32 PM   #10
chas3wba0

Drives: Yes
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
Funny enough, the only dealer willing to sell me the car I wanted (no options), when I got in the car only 6 miles on it, even if some shit happened in those 1-3 miles in the grand scheme of things I will likely do much nastier things to it. While I have zero love for any local dealerships, a couple bad eggs shouldn't mean tossing out the whole basket, especially if they've got the price you want.

Edit: For those that care, they didn't drill the front plate and asked me before washing the car.
I don't doubt that it is possible to have a good experience at this (or any) dealership with the right salespeople/circumstances but perhaps, in your case, you found a good egg in a basket of bad eggs :p

Also, I know a bit of clutch burning isn't gonna mess up the car, but you know this forum is full of fanatics (myself included) that would like to know *everything* possible about their car before they lay their own hands on it so this PSA is for them
chas3wba0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:51 PM   #11
strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,479 Times in 4,998 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
I don't doubt that it is possible to have a good experience at this (or any) dealership with the right salespeople/circumstances
Hah, you misunderstood, I only posted to mention that I bought my car from there and that I doubt it was mishandled in a way that would impact my vehicle. I would not write a positive review of my purchasing experience.

Best of luck finding a good dealership, it's a bitch and a half around here.

strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to strat61caster For This Useful Post:
chas3wba0 (11-01-2013)