follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 11-14-2012, 02:00 PM   #127
Gen

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbowned View Post
@JPM Coachworks, is it possible for you to do a stitching pattern similar to below, but on the stock BRZ Limited seats? And in your opinion, do you think it would look good?

This style is sort of what I was kicking around in my head for my car, Alex. :happy0180:
Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:35 PM   #128
JPM Coachworks

Drives: Honda S2000, Subaru STI
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to JPM Coachworks
Quote:
@JPM Coachworks, is it possible for you to do a stitching pattern similar to below, but on the stock BRZ Limited seats? And in your opinion, do you think it would look good?
I believe what you are looking for is a diamond stitch, which consists of building a grid on a work surface (2" spacing on X-axis and 3" spacing on the Y-axis for example) and drawing the template by hand. We then use one of our single stitch JUKI sewing machines to sew these lines. We offer a pattern like this on a few of our catalog items as well as on any special order item and or client project. I like the pattern; however, it is very easy to over use and immediately changes the impact the pattern has on the project (unique and or eye-catching -> potentially tacky).

Now that I look at the photo again, it would appear that what is shown here are squares, rotated 45°. Also, I'd like to point out that the Recaro seat model here is the Recaro Sportster CS. I absolutely love this seat. It's a JPM favorite and we have one on display in our workshop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdnz View Post
I put the gauge cluster hood on my Christmas list
We will be certain to keep an extra on hand for the holidays for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafe View Post
@JPM Coachworks - any pics of the shift boot and handbrake cover in the leather? Very keen for leather!
While we have produced a few for current orders and or prototyping, I do not believe I have actual catalog images on hand. I am more than happy to take a few quick photographs for you. We have chosen to use a beautiful line of leather from one of our favorite leather companies here in the US. The line is GreenGuard certified, semi-aniline dyed and incredibly supple (but an excellent choice for higher-use areas such as the shift and brake boot).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutty View Post
You can select RHD options when ordering.
Thank you! You are indeed correct, we have the option for both Left-Hand and Right-Hand drive countries on our website.

Cheers,

Alex
JPMCoachworks.com
JPM Coachworks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JPM Coachworks For This Useful Post:
djdnz (11-14-2012)
Old 11-14-2012, 04:36 PM   #129
JPM Coachworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidgogeta View Post
Thought of this when my brother and gf complain about their lower back hurting in the car, dont want pillows every where, you guys should make lumbar support out of memory foam and wrap it in alcantara. Can also put the 86 logo on it.
We actually have a lumbar support kit that works wonderfully for another vehicle. We can try one on this car and report back? It is not as polished as we would like it to be but it was something put together for the needs of a few of our clients with lower back pain who had less than supportive factory seats.

Regards,
Alex
kidgogeta (11-14-2012)
Old 11-14-2012, 04:40 PM   #130
Turbowned

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Perf Pack 6MT
Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,150 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Garage
Yes, the Sportster CS is amazing, however I don't want to spend $3k on seats when the stockers are quite nice already. I just thought the diamond stitching could add a bit of pizzazz. Oh well, I've got plenty of time to think about it.

Current: 2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S 6MT
Previous: 2 BRZ's, 997 C2S, C5 RS6, C4 S6, B8 S4, GDB STi, S30 240Z, FC3S RX-7 TII, AW11/SW20 MR2, E30 318is/325i, etc.
Turbowned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:16 AM   #131
JPM Coachworks

Oh by no means am I trying to suggest otherwise. I think it can be used to create an incredible look within the car. We have already removed and replaced the centers in these seats and it would certainly be possible to do so again with this particular pattern or any other for that matter should you find something else you enjoy
Old 11-15-2012, 11:49 AM   #132
Nafe

Drives: Mt Fuji Red 86 GT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPM Coachworks View Post
I believe what you are looking for is a diamond stitch, which consists of building a grid on a work surface (2" spacing on X-axis and 3" spacing on the Y-axis for example) and drawing the template by hand. We then use one of our single stitch JUKI sewing machines to sew these lines. We offer a pattern like this on a few of our catalog items as well as on any special order item and or client project. I like the pattern; however, it is very easy to over use and immediately changes the impact the pattern has on the project (unique and or eye-catching -> potentially tacky).

Now that I look at the photo again, it would appear that what is shown here are squares, rotated 45°. Also, I'd like to point out that the Recaro seat model here is the Recaro Sportster CS. I absolutely love this seat. It's a JPM favorite and we have one on display in our workshop.

We will be certain to keep an extra on hand for the holidays for you

While we have produced a few for current orders and or prototyping, I do not believe I have actual catalog images on hand. I am more than happy to take a few quick photographs for you. We have chosen to use a beautiful line of leather from one of our favorite leather companies here in the US. The line is GreenGuard certified, semi-aniline dyed and incredibly supple (but an excellent choice for higher-use areas such as the shift and brake boot).

Thank you! You are indeed correct, we have the option for both Left-Hand and Right-Hand drive countries on our website.

Cheers,

Alex
JPMCoachworks.com
Sounds good, Alex, if you could send pics, would be very keen
Nafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:12 PM   #133
JPM Coachworks

Product Catalog announcement posted! Please do not hesitate to let us know should you have any questions or concerns

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22328

Best Regards,
Alex
Old 11-17-2012, 12:01 PM   #134
JPM Coachworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshman View Post
Love all of these pieces. I recommend that you try and make the passenger side dash cover. The part that goes around the radio. Also, any plans or could you recover the factory seats in alcantara?
@Marshman The factory seats will not be an problem. We have already taken a set apart to understand how they are built and where we may make adjustments/improvements and or customizations for a client. We are also working on a product for the silver dash trim pieces in which we will join the two together and create a stitched leather and Alcantara variant. We will be certain to post to the forum once this is complete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentMike View Post
I have a question for Matt (2pt5RS) regarding the prototype shift boot you have. During installation, do you have to remove the reverse lockout collar to get the old boot out and the new boot in?

Really looking forward to seeing their whole line of accessories for our cars.

Are you perchance going to be at this Sunday's Caffeine and Octane?

Thanks,

Mike
@SilentMike Our replacement shift boot for the 6-speed manual BRZ/FR-S/86 shift lever is designed to simply slide over the lock-out collar and sit snug against it once fully installed. We do not use a snap or velctro attachment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazztennor View Post
bumping this thread and wondering when this will all be available??????
@jazztennor Our first group of products has been released to our product catalog on our website at http://www.jpmcoachworks.com/jpm/sho...cion-fr-s.html and http://www.jpmcoachworks.com/jpm/sho...ubaru-brz.html.

Quote:
Originally Posted by briang0901 View Post
How much to get this done? Looks amazing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subie View Post
If only I didn't have such high self-restraint; their work looks amazing and they're only ~4 hours away from me! A little Alcantara goes a long way towards making the BRZ's interior look even more upscale.
@Subie We are available at our workshop private appointments and would be thrilled to discuss your project with you at your earliest convenience be in at our workshop or via telephone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by briang0901 View Post
For something like this I'd make the drive... cheaper than getting new leather seats. Wonder how long it would take them to fabricate...
@briang0901 Let's talk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniGuy View Post
Still waiting for my quote. Maybe after SEMA?

Has anyone discussed or looked at how hard it would be to do replace the pleather on the door with alcantara. Can these panels even be removed? Part of me wants to do the center transmission tunnel in real leather as well but maybe I am getting carried away?
@MiniGuy Please excuse me for asking as we are still catching up -- did you email us for a quotation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFRS View Post
Just wondering if any other colors are available? i would love to change my accents to a silver instead of the red.
@FreshFRS But of course! All of our products are available in any material, material color and thread color via special order. Please contact us at your convenience to discuss your ideas!

Quote:
I was thinking of replacing the perforated leather center section with Alcantara. I'd probably leave the grained leather there. Maybe do the bottom door pocket as well as the speaker panel in leather, too?
@Turbowned If convenient, I would like to continue our correspondence via email or over the telephone so that we may better discuss your ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1681 View Post
Sign me up! That is awesomely awesome
@jm1681 Thank you for your kind words! Please do not hesitate to let us know should you have any questions or concerns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by czar07 View Post
I dont know if this has been covered in this thread, but i assume all your products apart from hand brake boot will fit RHD?
@czar07 We offer the majority of our products in left and right hand types where applicable. If there is an item that you do not see on our website specific to your right hand drive 86, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate you.

Quote:
Wow, under $500 for all that! Not bad at all! Now they just need to add sunvisors, headliner, and steering wheel and I'll be ready to drop coin the moment my BRZ gets here
@Turbowned Let us know. We got ya covered (no pun intended)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by was385 View Post
I'm trying to hold off as long as possible, but I think I'll end up with at least the gauge cluster housing, shift, and e-brake boots.
@was385 That is understandable. We look forward to building your order when the time is right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subie View Post
Why are so few products available in leather? I prefer the look of leather over alcantara.
@Subie The vast majority of our product offerings are available in both Alcantara and leather. We are more than happy to build your request to order using the material(s) of your choice. However, select items are not offered in leather due to fitment constraints. If you see an item not offered in leather but would prefer to see it in such, please do not hesitate to let us know and we will do our best to accommodate your request!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen View Post
It's sorta their thing. Easier to wrap in alcantara as well I believe.
@Gen While this is the case, the easiest approach is not necessarily the one which is chosen as it rarely successfully achieves the design goals for the client's project. Alcantara is much thinner than leather and as a result, it is preferred for areas that have tight fitment tolerances.

Best Regards,
Alex

JPMCoachworks.com

Last edited by JPM Coachworks; 11-17-2012 at 12:35 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JPM Coachworks For This Useful Post:
jazztennor (11-17-2012), Turbowned (11-17-2012)
Old 11-17-2012, 01:54 PM   #135
djdnz

Drives: 2013 BRZ WRB S/C
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
We are also working on a product for the silver dash trim pieces in which we will join the two together and create a stitched leather and Alcantara variant. We will be certain to post to the forum once this is complete.
I WANT THAT!!! One concern I have is that the Canadian BRZ head unit has two silver filler pieces on each side... anything we can do about that?

But yes please the silver piece in Alcantara would be sweet!:happy0180:
djdnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:04 PM   #136
Gen

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quote:
I WANT THAT!!! One concern I have is that the Canadian BRZ head unit has two silver filler pieces on each side... anything we can do about that?

But yes please the silver piece in Alcantara would be sweet!:happy0180:
That is exactly what he was talking about. Unless you meant the pieces around the AC controls?
Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:16 PM   #137
czar07

Drives: '97 RSP JZZ30 GT-T
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
@czar07 We offer the majority of our products in left and right hand types where applicable. If there is an item that you do not see on our website specific to your right hand drive 86, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate you.
JPMCoachworks.com
Thanks for the response Alex. I am also wondering if you can knock up something for the highlighted bit there?

Name:  Toyota-GT-86-interior-1024x640.jpg
Views: 6512
Size:  126.4 KB

Germans>Japanese>Italians>Americans. Unless its a Corvette.
czar07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:44 PM   #138
djdnz

Drives: 2013 BRZ WRB S/C
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen View Post
That is exactly what he was talking about. Unless you meant the pieces around the AC controls?

Look to the right and left of the head unit. We have little filler pieces because for whatever reason Subaru didn't want to make the hole a standard dual din size. So the Canadian models, and probably a few other places get these little filler pieces.
djdnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:21 AM   #139
JPM Coachworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by czar07 View Post
Thanks for the response Alex. I am also wondering if you can knock up something for the highlighted bit there?

Attachment 20648
Already in the works my friend! Will follow suit with the other pieces as a complete replacement to OEM with possibility of core return incentive!

Alex
Old 11-18-2012, 12:22 AM   #140
JPM Coachworks

Quote:

Look to the right and left of the head unit. We have little filler pieces because for whatever reason Subaru didn't want to make the hole a standard dual din size. So the Canadian models, and probably a few other places get these little filler pieces.
The mystery of the non-standard double din is always...well it is a mystery to me. We're going to work with these as well as the larger trim pieces to join all together and potentially produced a stitched version.

Alex
Slartibartfast (11-19-2012)