follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 11-01-2013, 12:27 PM   #1
mjmin

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ DGM MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Heuberger Motors: Clint and Dawn and Kyle too!

This is not only my first online car purchase, but it is my first time purchasing a car at all. I discovered Clint of Heuberger Motors through the ft86club forum. I've read stories and experiences from several individuals and I did not read one bad review about him. Still, like many others, I've had my doubts and did my own research by looking at available options with other dealers in my hometown (LA) first. The best they could do was MSRP and even that, to them, seemed a little far out of reach. So I sent Clint an email to see what his quote was. He called me within 15 mins, listing the options I wanted, then providing me a quote.

So the quote was amazing and next thing I knew, I'm submitted my deposit and he explains the next steps. During the wait, whenever I had a question, I'd shoot him an email or text and he would respond back to me within the hour with all the answers. After waiting about a little over a month, he texted me a picture of my car.

It was beautiful.

The next day Dawn called to discuss financing and she was very straightforward and honest. She explained the breakdown of each cost, from the car itself to the taxes. She had a very reasonable and great deal for me and after some mulling over on what warranty options I wanted, I called her back with my final decisions and she sent the documents via FedEx overnight.

Every paperwork is described as how she explains it and she indicates where and what needs to be signed. I FedEx all necessary documents with her along with my down payment in a prepaid overnight FedEx envelope that she provides.

Upon arriving in Colorado, Kyle came to pick us up. He was very nice and a great driver. Once we arrived at the dealership, Clint had our car all washed and ready. He informed us everything we need to know about our car,

My timeline:

Sept. 11 -- Spoke with Clint, put a $1000 deposit down.
Oct. 21 -- Car arrives at dealership, Clint with his professional photography skills sends pic of my car
Oct. 22 -- Dawn calls to discuss financing
Oct. 23 -- Overnighted FedEx documents arrive
Oct. 30 -- Fly out to Colorado
Oct. 31 -- Arrive in Las Vegas at 2AM
Oct. 31 -- Arrive home at 7PM

(Do not necessarily think that this is how long you will wait for yours as its most likely different for every person. This is just one person's perspective to see what the process was.)

For anyone that is nervous about buying out of state and purchasing online. It isn't as painful as you might think or imagine it to be and it really isn't as black and white as it sounds. You are talking to an actual person who cares about how he is presenting himself, as you are trying to ensure a good, honest deal on a product that you know you'll be spending a good chunk of your life with. The communication is always open whenever you have any doubts or worries that need to be justified.

For people worried about having their car delivered to them and any damage that might be received on the way. Here's a thought: if Heuberger Motors took care of you as a client, for what reason wouldn't they want to extend that care to a product that they proudly represent? If it's a cost issue, you're already saving a couple thousand, so why not use about a portion of that money they saved fir you, to have it conveniently shipped to your front door? If you weren't going to buy it from Heuberger Motors, then you were going to buy it somewhere else, probably result in not saving any money at all.

If you're really concerned, save some more money and fly out to pick it up (I found that tickets are cheapest on Tues-Thurs). In my case, I wanted a driving adventure with my new car.

My whole entire trip costed me exactly $293.91 for total of two people. (Includes food, gas, airfare, and hotel room. [hotel room was comped... ])

Once again, thank you very very much Clint. The car drives beautifully.

Also side note. Its very important to give feedback. Especially when you receive great service. If it wasn't for the previous wonderful reviews about Clint, I would have never gotten to have this awesome experience.

Pics or it didn't happen~

2014 Subaru BRZ DGM M/T
Name:  subarubrz.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  231.9 KB Name:  cmcosprings.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  112.3 KB
mjmin is offline   Reply With Quote