follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 08-13-2015, 02:58 PM   #1
oc-drummer

Drives: a Honda
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Racerx Fabrication = Thumbs up

I had a set of dust boots for their full suspension kit that somehow deteriorated and a trailing arm that was making a knocking sound. After discussing it with Racerx and sending them pictures, they sent me a new set of boots and trailing arm bearings without me even asking for replacements. I purchased the original boots directly from them but bought the full suspension kit new from a private party. Racerx knew this but they sent me the aforementioned stuff for free anyway. I am utterly amazed.

Racerx easily has some of the best customer service in this business....or any business for that matter. Not to mention that their products are very well made.

Thank you Racerx1715

I sent them this photo...

and at no charge, they sent me...

Just amazing.
oc-drummer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to oc-drummer For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (02-19-2020), Jeff@Racer X Fab (08-13-2015), Lonewolf (10-22-2016), Trefoil (09-16-2015)
Old 10-08-2016, 08:44 AM   #2
was385

Drives: MT WRB BRZ Limited, 2007 911s
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Had to bump this thread. I have LCAs from Racerx and my alignment shop informed me one of the bolts was slightly bent (a defect from their supplier). I sent racerx an email while at the shop, they responded while my car was still up on the lift and sent me out replacement parts with no questions asked and almost immediately. One of my favorite parts about modifying cars is that you can find companies like this that take pride in their work and stand behind their product. Great experience with them so far.
was385 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to was385 For This Useful Post:
Lonewolf (10-22-2016)
Old 03-21-2017, 10:01 PM   #3
Rougenite

Drives: Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wasnt sure if i should create a new thread for this or not!

Racer X is pretty awesome, put an order in, got a phone call back (as of now they are out of the Black Catch cans, give it a couple weeks.) I had no issues with the grey ones and were sent the same day.

Packing was well done and thought out, the catch cans were in a box in two layers of bubble wrap within another box that had the paper padding.

I ordered the pair, no hardware was missing. However, they did not include instructions. They were on the website (http://racerxfabrication.com/install.../catch-can.pdf) They are pretty straight forward and call for about 45 minutes of install time, took me about an hour and a half, but get to that later. One thing they could do is highlight which line is the PCV (on the left as you stand in front of your car facing the engine).

On a side note; Dual catch cans will not fully work bolt in if you have the FT86 Speedfactory 11.3 LB Braile and their brackets. This is NOT a Racer X issue, nor FT 86s.

The hole in Figure 9 where you put the bolt is where the battery tie down goes for that kit. I spent a good chunk of time trying to get it to fit, but the bracket for the battery was never fully flush, the bends in the tie down just wouldn't allow it. I'll look into getting something fabbed up and give the specs so others may do the same.

Again, not the fault of Racer X or FT86. I didn't check the instructions before, nor did I ask. If you have a stock battery, or one that has a bracket going from the firewall to the wheel well area, this should fit.

4.5 gold stars!
Rougenite is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rougenite For This Useful Post:
Alex@Racer X Fab (03-24-2017)
Old 02-19-2020, 09:54 AM   #4
Doozer

Drives: gt86...among others
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
What a great company.

Instant e-mail answering, sales staff double checks shipping rates after a crazy number came up the first time and parts arrived overseas in under 5 working days from order.

We have over 100k miles on rear upper CA's, 80k+ on front and rear LCA's. Everything is still working just how it was designed to.

Car was once a track demon and now is a grocery-getter. I'll never take these parts off.

Hope board members continue to support companies like this.