follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

AUSTRALIA Australia and New Zealand

User Tag List

Old 05-14-2012, 02:11 AM   #15
Nardi330

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
i guess i am lucky that i don't need to change until next year. so i have more options available.

but i'm really sick of this robotic replies on FB:
Toyota Australia Hi all, we can't confirm the specifications of the vehicle until early June, however we'll be sure to let you know as soon as they are available. For more, follow our 86 Days to Go Twitter countdown here: https://twitter.com/#!/Toyota_Aus. Thanks.

i so wish FB has a dislike button as well!!
Nardi330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:43 AM   #16
JDM-20L

Drives: JZZ12, 86 on pre-order.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Don't sweat it OP, we had our pre-order down since last nov/dec and we just bailed on it...

Its far from the end of the world and to be honest I'll just reserve my judgement on the car till I drive one, although I tend to feel we are just going to add another Euro to the garage in due time.

Plus you have an OG AE86... I've got an epic soft spot for those, thats a car that has aged so gracefully
JDM-20L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:42 AM   #17
Satu23

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafe View Post
Hopefully the pic of the GTS auto interior is attached to this post

Offtopic: Very nice, did you get a pic of that from the Port of Brisbane?

If so didn't realise they had red/orange ones around :O (confused on the colour since i kind of see red and orange lol)

Hoping it's red now though lol

@PuGZoR a shame things not working out and yes with toyota ****ing us all around. But at least you got the original AE86
Satu23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:22 AM   #18
armythug

Drives: Pegasus White 86GTS
It seems like neither Toyota nor Subaru are advertising this car properly. There is no buzz being created. I personally haven't seen any commercials and 90% of the people I work with don't know about the twins. I'm assuming that the cars are supposed to arrive next month. If that's the case, this is pathetic lol. I e-mail the Subaru dealership once every month for an update and I get the same answer. We have no information, check back next month......
Ballsak2nv (05-18-2012)
Old 05-14-2012, 08:23 PM   #19
newft86

Drives: 86 Every Chance I get!!!
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Sorry to hear that OP. If you should change your mind and would like to talk to someone who is reasonably well informed and who cares about your business just call me 0406 237 776 and if i can't help you personally i can put you in touch with someone in your state who can.

Regards,
Andrew Smith
New Toyota Sales Representative
Peter Warren Toyota
Hume Highway Warwick Farm NSW 2170
andrew.smith@peterwarren.com.au
02 9828 8948
0406 237 776
newft86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:31 AM   #20
colster

Drives: Skyline R33 GTS-T
I decided a while back to no longer get an 86... everything has gone down hill since the initial concept and the lack of communication from toyota aus is downright shameful. It's supposed to launch on 8th June (3 weeks from now) and even though pre-orders have arrived at docks there is still no official pricing while every other part of the world had their pricing released already. They are obviously holding back to screw over the aus market like they always do. Expect 40k+ for a ORC basic model, so much for an affordable "sports" car (apart from the handling I wouldn't call it a sports car as sold from the factory).

Save yourself some money and get a second hand subaru wrx for $25k-$30k like I did.

I know I'm gonna get flak for posting this but I don't care. I was a fan of the 86 at one point but everything since the announcement has just got worse... despite what their marketing will try to sell you, toyota is a very different company from their 90s era and are only interested in the bottom line selling crap to the masses, not about satisfying driver enthusiasts.

Hopefully the 86 encourages nissan to reignite their afforable sports car range so they can show toyota how it is really done.
colster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to colster For This Useful Post:
Ballsak2nv (05-18-2012)
Old 05-18-2012, 07:51 PM   #21
70NYD

Drives: RX8 S1
No need to appologise. More and more ozzies are feeling like this
And when some articles said that most of the cars are plesold, that is to say they are preordered with deposits (refundable, yeah), that really means sweet fuck all, because everything is subject to change, including people's interests, and follow through
I am pissed off that it is month pre launch, cars are here, everything is sorted, but no ads, no info, nothing..
Old 05-18-2012, 09:19 PM   #22
Ballsak2nv

Drives: Aurion
I also have/am looking elsewhere. Sick of waiting with absolutely no teasers or incentives to stay, i mearly come back here hoping more info is avail but nothing really exciting. Hopefully for those waiting that july 4th thing brings fruits for your pains.

Each their own, but im out aswell.

Found a real nice clean R32GTR that ticks my boxes atm. Toyota just ticks me off.
Ballsak2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:56 PM   #23
Palmy

Drives: '12 86 GTS (AUDM)
All Im gonna say is the price better be bloody good...
Palmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:21 PM   #24
PuGZoR
Long time obsessor

Drives: AE86 & depressing SUV
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I have been reading responses and even tried to reply the other day, but net stuffed up and the post didn't go through.

Good to see I'm not the only one feeling like this; actually surprising to see a few of the other regulars in the same boat. Kind of ironic that we were probably the biggest fans and the easiest to impress, yet because they handled us so badly we're now going to be detractors to their brand.

Really makes you wonder if the AU lot are on the same page as Toyota Japan. Akio Toyoda seems adamant on bringing passion back to cars and inspiring the younger generation, yet Toyota Australia are just doing the same crap they've done for the past 2 decades.
PuGZoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:21 PM   #25
70NYD

Drives: RX8 S1
i STILL have faith that toyota au will come throu for us.. but that is dwindling by the minute. i mean they were handed a car, a fucking great car, that more or less sells it self, they had to do NOTHING with respect to development of it (afaik) and all they need to do is a few little pieces of info here and there.. but noo, ooooh no, what do we get? a pointless email that has less info than this forum did 3 months ago...
all we are really asking for is the price.. i dont understand why its such a hidden aspect? i mean, the price is set already, ofcourse, but if its too high, all that is going to happen is people going in to shock and refusing to pay for it initially. its going to be under 37 or whatever the vw was.. but that doesnt say much now does it..
Old 05-21-2012, 12:43 AM   #26
pr0j

Drives: 2010 Forester X
Maybe... They are fuelling the speculation and letting us all get riled up so they can release a super low price and in our collective amazement, we will all buy the car. man can dream, right?
pr0j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:53 AM   #27
Staticfrost
Banned

Drives: Eight Six
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0j View Post
Maybe... They are fuelling the speculation and letting us all get riled up so they can release a super low price and in our collective amazement, we will all buy the car. man can dream, right?
Yeah we can all DREAM but how often do your dreams come true?
Staticfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:12 AM   #28
Synical

Drives: Suburu Liberty
Hi All,
First post from me, I have been following the 86 for about a year now. Not as long as most on this site however still seems rather a long time.

I have just came from my Toyota dealer, very dissapointed with what they have told me. Their estimate for the cost of the car was 40k for the base model and 46k for the premium. I was really hoping for the 35K mark. Infact there are bran new WRX's for 42k, not saying the WRX is a brilliant peice of engineering like the reports of the 86, however I believe the cost to produce a WRX (meaning value for your money) is far beyond that of the 86. I think Toyota Australia has added a huge cost inflation due to the popularity of the 86. Basically my belief is that unless you really intend on taking advantage of what makes the 86 great you will not recieve value for your money.
Synical is offline   Reply With Quote