follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 07-04-2017, 11:37 AM   #15
JBezugs
Good Job Subaru!

Drives: Green '17 BRZ Sport-Tech MT
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
JBezugs' 2017 BRZ

With a little bit of extra hands courtesy of some friends, I was able to install the R400 very easily on Friday.

It sounds awesome. Plenty of volume but not too loud (quiets down nicely when cruising on the highway, no drone whatsoever), and has a nice, deep-tone to it which is the furthest thing away from ricey fartcan for me.

Definetly louder than the Q300, but not N1-obnoxious.

The catback itself looks very well constructed, and although I was worried about possible clearance issues with the rear mufflers (considering how they're positioned), it seems perfectly fine and I shouldn't run into any issues.

Only issue which seems to be prevalent with all 86/BRZ owners is some difficulty lining up the tips correctly. For me, after some adjustment, the passenger side still sits ever so slightly closer to the diffuser and inboard compared to the drivers side. I may get a pair of extended hangers which should remedy the issue, but for now, it's fine.

I'll get my DSLR, Shure mic and Tripod out later this week and record some sound clips for everyone!
Old 07-12-2017, 09:56 AM   #16
JBezugs
Good Job Subaru!

No DSLR yet (I need to pick up my microphone still from a friend), but for now, an iPhone video shall do.

For those who are curious how it sounds without all the wub wub from ft86speedfactory's video (love you guys I swear!), here you go:

Last edited by JBezugs; 05-24-2023 at 02:24 PM.
JBezugs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JBezugs For This Useful Post:
batlwagn (07-14-2017), Elliotw (09-28-2017), Lococholo84 (06-27-2018)
Old 09-28-2017, 12:31 AM   #17
Elliotw

Drives: '18 BRZ tS, '18 GTI SE, '11 RS
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBezugs View Post
No DSLR yet (I need to pick up my microphone still from a friend), but for now, an iPhone video shall do.

For those who are curious how it sounds without all the wub wub from ft86speedfactory's video (love you guys I swear!), here you go:

This sounds real nice.
Elliotw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 09:56 AM   #18
JBezugs
Good Job Subaru!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliotw View Post
This sounds real nice.
Thanks dude, I appreciate it!

Have been thoroughly enjoying the car over the last 6 months. This week, the winter setup goes on, which I'm super excited for! I'll need to Krown the car as well.
Old 02-20-2018, 10:13 AM   #19
JBezugs
Good Job Subaru!

Realize I haven't posted an update in a while, but I have to say the car has been fantastic in the snowy winter we've had this year in Toronto.

For my winter setup, my car is sitting on 16x6.5 +55 Subaru OEM BBS RS II's from the 93-95 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon (GD). They're very light (13.5 lbs a piece) and shod with Continental WinterContact Si's, the car has had plenty of grip in the snow. Look great too.

As for things on the way, I have an ft86speedfactory short shifter ordered and a new colour planned for the vehicle that you guys will see soon... Was planning this when I first bought the car but was going to wait a while. However, I got a nasty rock chip on my front bumper that I proceeded to botch the repair of completely, which is now pushing me towards the liquid-wrapping earlier than I expected.
Old 06-26-2018, 10:46 AM   #20
JBezugs
Good Job Subaru!

Long time since I updated you all, but I finally got my BRZ wrapped! British Racing Green is the ultimate expression of classic sports car colours to me, and one that is hugely underrated; you just don't see it anymore. There are many interpretations of the colour from manufacturers that happen to be English of course, but also there are interpretations from the not-so-English as well. Here's my interpretation. #makegreengreatagain

Thanks to inzenskin for the amazing work that they did to transform my car into something truly unique. If you need a wrap, tint, ppf or anything else under the sun, check them out.
Old 06-26-2018, 10:56 AM   #21
tehShirt

Drives: 2014 Subaru Forester
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Garage
The green is very fitting for the car

What are your thoughts on some bronze wheels?
tehShirt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tehShirt For This Useful Post:
JBezugs (06-26-2018)
Old 06-26-2018, 11:39 AM   #22
JBezugs
Good Job Subaru!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehShirt View Post
The green is very fitting for the car

What are your thoughts on some bronze wheels?

Thank you! Bronze/Gold wheels are definitely next on my list.
Old 06-26-2018, 11:39 PM   #23
EdBoy
Driver

Drives: 16 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
that color looks really good
Old 10-02-2018, 03:22 PM   #24
JBezugs
Good Job Subaru!

Some quick updates!

I installed the Pioneer AVH-ZL5150BT which has CarPlay/Android Auto and all the goodies. Everything works as well, backup camera and steering integration. More info in this thread.

Also, picked up a new Purple Heart shift knob from LJ's Wood Shop! Looks rad, and fits well with my ft86speedfactory short shifter.

Going to be getting my winters re-finished with gold centres to accent the new green wrap (which has now been glass coated and looks awesome). Should look rad!
Old 10-03-2018, 02:06 PM   #25
JeremyR

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
WOW that wrap looks great! If you told me it was paint I would of believed it

REALMS BRZ Build Thread
HKS|Parts Shop MAX|Battle Version|ADVAN|Beatrush
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 06:24 PM   #26
JBezugs
Good Job Subaru!

JBezugs' 2017 BRZ

Haven't updated in a while, but figured I would since my flight is delayed (yay snow) and I have some time to kill.

I stored my car for the first time this year! I got my old Camry back from my brother so it is now serving my winter beater duties in spades. I miss driving my BRZ every day though. To store the BRZ, I did the following:

- Full tank of gas with Stabil, added at the Gas station so I could have a good 10 min drive before storage. I refrained from an oil change since I did one a couple of weeks before storing the car and I wasn’t expecting to put her away.
- Washed at my local touchless (underbody spray was the key here) with QuikDetailer to handle the waterspots and remaining latent dirt. Interior was cleaned the week before storage.
- Windows cracked, dryer sheets and baking soda left in the car for moisture absorption and freshness
- metal scotch pads in the exhaust tips to prevent any unwanted guests
- car parked on two gym mats per tire, aired up to 40psi; in neutral and no handbrake, wheels chocked.
- battery tender JR plugged in (grounded it to one of the bolts on the strut tower)
- and my improvised car cover, just to keep the dust off.

In other exciting news, I have a few goodies planned for the spring that are very exciting. I picked up a set of JDL's new 4-2-1 equal length headers, cerakoted in Titanium from AlphaMotorsports. I think I'm the first person in Canada to have a set. I'll be getting them installed and tuned by Touge Tuning and Sasha at OnPoint dyno once the car is out of storage! I am beyond excited to see what gains these headers offer, considering that they are a much more reasonable price than the equivalent ACE offering. I didn't unwrap it all the way since I want to keep them tip top while being stored, but here's a little taste:

Additionally, some wheels! I scored an amazing deal on a set of Gram Lights 57C's, in gold of course. Finding center caps was tricky as Rays doesn’t make the original style anymore, but some eBay caps fit the bill nicely.

I'll be taking my OEM Michelins and putting them on the Gram Lights, and then take the worn/old Falkens and throw em on my OEM wheels to store the car in the winter on. My BBSes with WinterContactSi's will be for sale soon if anyone is interested!

Last edited by JBezugs; 05-14-2019 at 10:52 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JBezugs For This Useful Post:
DaSilva3525 (02-13-2019), TMF (03-18-2019)
Old 04-14-2019, 11:17 AM   #27
JBezugs
Good Job Subaru!

JBezugs' 2017 BRZ

And just like that my car is officially out of storage! 5 months is a long time to wait, but it was worth it. The Gram Lights looks awesome, and the header gets installed and tuned on Tuesday. Beyond excited!

Last edited by JBezugs; 04-15-2019 at 02:51 PM.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:04 PM   #28
StraightOuttaCanadaEh
Wes

Drives: Artisan Spirits '17 86
Thanked 1,673 Times in 993 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBezugs View Post

And just like that my car is officially out of storage! 5 months is a long time to wait, but it was worth it. The Gram Lights looks awesome, and the header gets installed and tuned on Tuesday. Beyond excited!
Came here to see if you have a sound clip of the JDL with the R400. Are you planning on posting one?