follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
BT, dpfarr

Old 06-20-2016, 08:01 PM   #1387
Colin86

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sales@delicioustuning.com View Post
The benefit will be nearly identical no matter which tune you are using.

-Zach
I understand the D Box will smooth out the MAP signal regardless of tune, but how do you know the Edelbrock tune with respond well to the smoothed out signal without testing?
Colin86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 08:07 PM   #1388
shiumai

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ, 2020 C8 Corvette
Thanked 1,893 Times in 787 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sales@delicioustuning.com View Post
The "D Box" and our Flex Fuel kit are two entirely independent products. Our D Box works with the CARB tune, our tune, and every other tune for the Edelbrock kit. The CARB tune is not Flex Fuel and does not have the capacity to be. Our D Box can work with or without our Flex Fuel kit and tune. Two entirely different products that do not rely on each other for proper functionality.

-Zach
Thanks for the clarification, Zach. Might I suggest you remove the word 'additional' from the product's name and just call it 'D-Box for Edelbrock E-force Superchargers' so people know they only need one, and also change one of the pictures that show two D-Boxes on the fuse box to a photo that shows only one.

I'd also reword the description "Want an additional 10+ horsepower and even smoother power delivery on your Edelbrock E-force supercharger, that will also gives you the now famous Double D boxes when coupled with our flex fuel kit?! " to something that doesn't imply it has to be used in conjunction with a flex fuel kit like "Improve the performance of your Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger by up to 10+ horsepower and gain smoother power delivery! Works with all tunes (including the CARB tune) and is also compatible with our flex fuel kit."
shiumai is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shiumai For This Useful Post:
BigFatFlip (06-20-2016), CSG Mike (06-20-2016)
Old 06-20-2016, 08:09 PM   #1389
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Drives: Edelbrock Equipped - Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,682 Times in 581 Posts
Mentioned: 403 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin86 View Post
I understand the D Box will smooth out the MAP signal regardless of tune, but how do you know the Edelbrock tune with respond well to the smoothed out signal without testing?
We have tested it, and it works quite well with both our tune and the Edelbrock tune. I never said we hadn't tested it on the CARB tune.

-Zach
DeliciousTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
BigFatFlip (06-20-2016)
Old 06-24-2016, 09:52 AM   #1390
NotSoJDM

Drives: '13 BRZ | '04 E55
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatFlip View Post
@NotSoJDM was that you who did a AEM boost gague?

I've been making due with Torque App but find it a bit lacking and little late to react/display data. I know it seems a little dumb to have a boost gauge for an SC since its basically dependent on rpm, but I think our set-up is a special case. The by-pass valve is very dependent on your throttle input, so if you are on partial throttle, you are probably not on boost.
I'm extremely late to the party on this one. But yes, I did the AEM Failsafe gauge, which is boost/afr in a single display.

Theres a boost source right on the back of the supercharger that is plugged from Edelbrock that you can use.
NotSoJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NotSoJDM For This Useful Post:
BigFatFlip (06-24-2016)
Old 06-24-2016, 01:29 PM   #1391
Nitro22

Drives: Scion FR-S (Hot Lava)
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:

It was more the circumstances at that time: I was very happy and content with the CARB tune. I later bought JDL headers and the DT tune to compensate, but found the headers too loud (couldn't hear what little SC whine we get). Now I was back to the stock header, stuck trying to sell off a very lightly used header at a loss and a tune I technically don't need anymore. Ultimately, I'm pretty happy with the DT tune, but having to spend a little bit more to iron out the remaining little problems didn't really sit well with me. Live n learn...

Edit: As mentioned a few posts back, I'm still considering it, so its not like I'm completely writing it off.
Hey BigFatFlip,

What exhaust system do you have? I too was getting tired of my exhaust loudness before I installed the supercharger. I ended up keeping the catless header and sticking the factory exhaust back on. Coupled with the Delicious tune, this combo seems to work great for a balance of power and noise. Perhaps you can still take advantage of the JDL and have a quiet car with a similar setup.
Nitro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 01:29 PM   #1392
NotSoJDM

Drives: '13 BRZ | '04 E55
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro22 View Post
Hey BigFatFlip,

What exhaust system do you have? I too was getting tired of my exhaust loudness before I installed the supercharger. I ended up keeping the catless header and sticking the factory exhaust back on. Coupled with the Delicious tune, this combo seems to work great for a balance of power and noise. Perhaps you can still take advantage of the JDL and have a quiet car with a similar setup.

I did this as well with a borla axle back. Great results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NotSoJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NotSoJDM For This Useful Post:
Nitro22 (06-24-2016)
Old 06-24-2016, 02:24 PM   #1393
BigFatFlip
sleep, drive, eat, repeat

Drives: '13 BRZ, '12 Outback
Thanked 3,796 Times in 1,981 Posts
Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
I have a resonated Milltek coupled with a Nameless frontpipe+overpipe. I actually ended up selling the JDL headers and pretty happy with the stock headers for now (noise-wise).

At this point, I'll probably just try to keep the car as CARB ready as I can. Just got the most recent DT rev and it drives pretty well but still considering the DT d-box. Its nice that it works with the CARB tune. Do you cali guys think having that having that box might be a red flag when doing smog?
BigFatFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 02:45 PM   #1394
Nitro22

Drives: Scion FR-S (Hot Lava)
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
I have a resonated Milltek coupled with a Nameless frontpipe+overpipe. I actually ended up selling the JDL headers and pretty happy with the stock headers for now (noise-wise).

At this point, I'll probably just try to keep the car as CARB ready as I can. Just got the most recent DT rev and it drives pretty well but still considering the DT d-box. Its nice that it works with the CARB tune. Do you cali guys think having that having that box might be a red flag when doing smog?
Been running on the latest V19.50 Delicious tune for a few days and love it so far. I should have the D-box installed this weekend.

Along with other items, the D-box might be a good candidate for removal come smog time.
Nitro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nitro22 For This Useful Post:
BigFatFlip (06-24-2016)
Old 06-24-2016, 03:08 PM   #1395
BigFatFlip

Quote:
Been running on the latest V19.50 Delicious tune for a few days and love it so far. I should have the D-box installed this weekend.

Along with other items, the D-box might be a good candidate for removal come smog time.
Agreed, velcro mount it is! Same V19.50 here, still need to do some logs for Zach to see if anything needs fine tuning. Looking forward to your impressions of the d-box
The Following User Says Thank You to BigFatFlip For This Useful Post:
Nitro22 (06-24-2016)
Old 06-24-2016, 06:38 PM   #1396
Kodename47

Drives: UK GT86
Thanked 1,629 Times in 1,112 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Quote:
Do you cali guys think having that having that box might be a red flag when doing smog?
Why would it? It's not going to affect anything smog related or are they anal with anything non OEM? If so I'd think the SC is more of a red flag.

Kodename 47 DJ:
Soundcloud / Instagram / Facebook
Kodename47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 06:59 PM   #1397
BigFatFlip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodename47 View Post
Why would it? It's not going to affect anything smog related or are they anal with anything non OEM? If so I'd think the SC is more of a red flag.
Depends on the inspector. Some are really anal and will scrutinize everything that looks non OEM. The CARB sticker should take care of the SC (if it ever comes...)

Just ordered the DT d-box for fits n shiggles. Haven't had a mod in a while
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigFatFlip For This Useful Post:
EJ. (06-25-2016), Nitro22 (06-24-2016), shiumai (06-25-2016)
Old 06-25-2016, 12:06 AM   #1398
EJ.
e85!

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S M/T
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
This D-box sounds very interesting, especially since it can be used for tunes beyond edelbrock and delicious. Anyone have user input or data that they could share? (other than delicious lol)
Scion FR-S M/T | HRI Tuned - AMS Catted Header - DW 700cc injectors - DW 265lph Fuel Pump - MotoEast Flex Fuel Kit - Greddy Evolution GT Catback Exhaust - Exedy Stage 2 Clutch - Edelbrock Supercharger
EJ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 04:51 PM   #1399
Infinity

Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Does anyone have a dyno for something similar to this(?):

- Edelbrock supercharger
- Ace header
- injectors/fuel pump
- full 3" exhaust
- tune for 93 gas (not E85)

Would this setup hit 300hp at the wheels? In this article, here, they get 286 at the wheel with RevWorks UEL header, 2.5-inch Perrin exhaust, and a tune for 92 octane.
Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 08:37 PM   #1400
Freude am Fahren

Drives: '13 DGM BRZ Limited/'14 Yamaha R6
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
This is the setup I want, I just can't afford right now, except 2.5" exhaust.

I'm pretty sure you'd be able to get 300whp on the right dyno. There's already been a 93 that got 290-something (it was just a youtube video of a Lava FR-S). No idea what it had outside of the SC.

Those that know better can correct/answer me on these points:
-I'm not sure if a pump/injectors would be needed just yet on 93.
-Would a 3" exhaust be helpful? I don't think you see nearly as much power as you would volume, but that part's up to the owner.

-XXR 527 18x8.75 +35
-Nameless 2.5" OP/FP Combo (Coming soon) & Axleback
-SBD 500X (Waiting on coating to install)
-Southbend SBD500X Clutch
Freude am Fahren is offline   Reply With Quote